Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Never got an explanation about what was wrong with my original post...

...but since I'm drinking, I will fuck off now.  

Because that's what drinkers should do when more than a couple people say "fuck you".  

#nopromises

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hey Chucklefuck, 

When you wake up with your hangover  and a crusty stench of shame hanging around your head later today, just remember, we don’t need to hear more of your bullshit. Come back with any more nonsense and we are going full crowdsourcing jihad on your insipid ass. 

Fuck

c97e8899-d957-4c7b-b82e-5de5571594dc_tex7179ccea-d9ed-4f40-8c1c-67c95b62a448_tex

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Oh my, how quickly we forget.  I will respectfully point you towards a catch made, on the road, “in the shoe”(AT NIGHT), with the ‘05 Season, literally on the line….in the SECOND GAME OF THE YEAR”.  
Limas had hands there. 

We all could do that with John Burt, too. One catch != good hands. 

57 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

His Ohio State catch is his best moment (and even that catch was bobbled). His hands are why he’s still not in the NFL. 

WTH.  Did Limas take your girlfriend?

He won a freaking Super Bowl.

He’s 36 years old. THAT’S why he’s not “still in the NFL”.

Stop being obtuse.

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, one catch proves it. Also, not to divulge the family secret, but you'll notice he doesn't come up with the ball in his hands on that play.

How many WR that don’t have “good hands” who can’t run a <4.5 40 get taken in the 1st 2 rounds of the NFL draft?

Yall talking shit about Sweed are probably drawing from 1-2 catches he missed in 2007 when he was playing with an injured wrist.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We all could do that with John Burt, too. One catch != good hands. 

OK, fine. I’ll acquiesce to the point that he’s not Jerry Rice or even Michael Irvin…but I’m willing to bet he’s still got better hands than anyone on this board-

Unless you happen to be Roy Williams. 
And if so, helluva game against LSU, Bro!👏🏻🙌🏻👊🏻🤘🏻

12 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

How many WR that don’t have “good hands” who can’t run a <4.5 40 get taken in the 1st 2 rounds of the NFL draft?

Yall talking shit about Sweed are probably drawing from 1-2 catches he missed in 2007 when he was playing with an injured wrist.

Hi Mr Sweed.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For fuck's sake there are Steeler fans videos calling him one of the biggest busts in Steelers history and pointing out all his huge drops, including in the playoffs. I love Sweed, he was a great Longhorn, but y'all are dumb. Disengaging.

Well, I’m a Cowboys fan, so for all those Steeler drops; good!  
F Pittsburgh and their drunk hillbilly/rapist qb’s. they can cry in their terrible towels. 

You want to see a “bad drop”? 
Google “Jackie Smith”.  And no, I’m not hating on the man. Shit happens.

Now, I too am disengaging. 🤘🏻

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

OK, fine. I’ll acquiesce to the point that he’s not Jerry Rice or even Michael Irvin…but I’m willing to bet he’s still got better hands than anyone on this board-

Unless you happen to be Roy Williams. 
And if so, helluva game against LSU, Bro!👏🏻🙌🏻👊🏻🤘🏻

Wait, what? The same Roy Williams who had the worst drop rate in the NFL his last 3 years in the league?

You guys realize that just because you play WR - even just because you're a really good WR - it doesn't necessarily mean you have great hands, right?

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

c97e8899-d957-4c7b-b82e-5de5571594dc_tex7179ccea-d9ed-4f40-8c1c-67c95b62a448_tex

Listen, I'm going to pos rep you for the gif and reference. But if you're not going to include the payoff, well, kind of want to tell you to get fucked. 

15 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

WTH.  Did Limas take your girlfriend?

He won a freaking Super Bowl.

He’s 36 years old. THAT’S why he’s not “still in the NFL”.

Stop being obtuse.

Him stop being obtuse. "He won a super bowl" is a stupid fucking criteria for illustrating someone's skill level at football. Bo Jackson never won a super bowl, he must have fucked SUCKED as a player. Meanwhile, Sweed was literally in the NFL for 3 years, most of it on the bench or an injured list, and then he washed out to the CFL immediately after his first contract. No one else ever sniffed him, for a reason. So tell us again why the reason he's not in the NFL is because he's 36. Better yet, why don't you tell us the reason why he wasn't in the NFL when he was 26?

You obtuse motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Nahlin getting the call about Denver Harris

2469EED1-AF04-469D-A285-41772D4C7B2B.jpeg.cdaf29ac29f172105a7c0a806fac83a5.jpeg

Top 3 mob movie.  If you are ever in Boston, do yourself a favor and head to the Northend and eat at Strega.  Best Italian food I have had in the US.  They have screens all over and play all the classic mob movies.  Totally worth it.

I think they knew that Harris was trending to aggy.  Brooks is a solid flip and watch Ryan Watts in the portal.  I would be totally cool with those 2.  Sucks to lose him but it’s his choice and he can always portal out after a year when Jimbo doesn’t deliver and they go 8-4 again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, I'm going to pos rep you for the gif and reference. But if you're not going to include the payoff, well, kind of want to tell you to get fucked. 

Him stop being obtuse. "He won a super bowl" is a stupid fucking criteria for illustrating someone's skill level at football. Bo Jackson never won a super bowl, he must have fucked SUCKED as a player. Meanwhile, Sweed was literally in the NFL for 3 years, most of it on the bench or an injured list, and then he washed out to the CFL immediately after his first contract. No one else ever sniffed him, for a reason. So tell us again why the reason he's not in the NFL is because he's 36. Better yet, why don't you tell us the reason why he wasn't in the NFL when he was 26?

You obtuse motherfucker. 

Wow, I didn’t realize it was only three years. I guess you’re right. He was a terrible football player. What was I thinking? LOL

12 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Top 3 mob movie.  If you are ever in Boston, do yourself a favor and head to the Northend and eat at Strega.  Best Italian food I have had in the US.  They have screens all over and play all the classic mob movies.  Totally worth it.

I think they knew that Harris was trending to aggy.  Brooks is a solid flip and watch Ryan Watts in the portal.  I would be totally cool with those 2.  Sucks to lose him but it’s his choice and he can always portal out after a year when Jimbo doesn’t deliver and they go 8-4 again.

See also Doyle's Cafe in Jamaica Plain. Scenes of Mystic River and others filmed there. Damn good reuben. 

3 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Wow, I didn’t realize it was only three years. I guess you’re right. He was a terrible football player. What was I thinking? LOL

I know what you weren't thinking. "What's a smart way to make a case that a UT player I liked was a great player." Clearly you weren't thinking that, because you ending up on "Let me talk about the amazing NFL career of Limas Sweed" would sort of be the opposite of that.

If this wasn't a complete waste of time, we could compile a list of all the really shitty players that have NFL rings. We can start with Gale Gilbert and his son Garrett. And no, we're not talking about Gale's world record leading efforts as a serial rapist. Hey guys, Battleship Lorenzen has a super bowl ring, rest in peace. Should we keep going?

So cause Nalin conceded Harris to A&M that means is over??? Have y’all not seen how all this recruiting is working out?? 

~ Stewart committed to Texas during the national championship and even openly recruited for us and got BJ Allen and then de-committed  

~ Harris shitted on A&M basically all year and then all of a sudden has a top 3 with them included and the so-called Favorite. 

~ Bryce Anderson was all Texas until one weekend in college station changed everything 

~ Terrance Brooks has been committed to Ohio State forever then All of a sudden Flipped to Texas Two weeks ago and not one Insider knew until Tuesday 

~ Omari from Duncanville hasn’t even looked Texas way until Yesterday and has now moved things back and plans on getting to Austin soon

my point is no one knows Anything ~ insiders included and even when we think we do kids change like the weather in a blink of an eye. They can wake up one day and switch the next. We could win all our remaining targets or lose them all  but with us being in it after a  horrible season let’s me know these coaches are working . . . 

How bout we just chill and let it work out . I think these coaches have proved they deserve that much 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, everyone here is happy except Satya and Bruh Man, but I don't think anyone has time for this kind of bullshit today. We're not getting any of those fucking guys. Enjoy the day we had. Don't start fucking jerking off in vain to guys who aren't coming here. Enjoy the fact we're still in it for Mathews, Campbell and Abor for NSD2, and we could get Law on Friday. 

Best overall class we've had in a long time.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, everyone here is happy except Satya and Bruh Man, but I don't think anyone has time for this kind of bullshit today. We're not getting any of those fucking guys. Enjoy the day we had. Don't start fucking jerking off in vain to guys who aren't coming here. Enjoy the fact we're still in it for Mathews, Campbell and Abor for NSD2, and we could get Law on Friday. 

Yo until yesterday did we think we were getting Brooks?? Or even a shot at Abor?? Or even Neto for that matter. . 

my point exactly just Shut up tryna psych your self out for no reason. If we don’t  get them oh well, we still have a top 5 if we do that’s even better 

I polled some folks yesterday, and didn't get too much of a response because they were all pretty busy. That being said, this feels like the best, well thought out, fully constructed class we've had in a long time. It's light on LB. but I mean, the work in the trenches, at all spots, plucking a 5 star level CB on signing day, and a generational QB...it has to be the best class we've had in well over a decade in regards to team needs and fit. 

Get me a stud WR from the portal soon, and we're going to be in business. 

I think people are sleeping on Brenen Thompson. He's a low floor/high ceiling dude, but if he can get a little more muscle on him and stays healthy, he could be great.

• Hook 'Em 1

I polled some folks yesterday, and didn't get too much of a response because they were all pretty busy. That being said, this feels like the best, well thought out, fully constructed class we've had in a long time. It's light on LB. but I mean, the work in the trenches, at all spots, plucking a 5 star level CB on signing day, and a generational QB...it has to be the best class we've had in well over a decade in regards to team needs and fit. 

Get me a stud WR from the portal soon, and we're going to be in business. 

1-2 true LB's, not tweeners spun down and 1-2 WR via portal or however, and 1 CB via portal which makes this class is likely best overall since early 00's IMO

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I think people are sleeping on Brenen Thompson. He's a low floor/high ceiling dude, but if he can get a little more muscle on him and stays healthy, he could be great.

He's a composite top 100 player, I don't think anyone is sleeping on him especially with that 10.3 speed. 

I like the idea of Law at receiver with his speed and that guy is just a pure football player. Hopefully he has soft hands.

Worthy 10.5-10.6 100m
Law 10.4-10.5 100m

Brennan thompson 10.2-10.3 100m

That is serious serious speed.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Yo until yesterday did we think we were getting Brooks?? Or even a shot at Abor?? Or even Neto for that matter. . 

my point exactly just Shut up tryna psych your self out for no reason. If we don’t  get them oh well, we still have a top 5 if we do that’s even better 

No. We didn't. We also didn't have all the anecdotal information we have on the other players.  

I'll tell you what, I'll take a bet of the amount of your choosing that we're not landing Stewart or Harris. 

Abgo and Perkins are irrelevant to discuss, they're not signing until NDS2. There's optimism, which is fine (if misplaced) and then there is literally making shit up that isn't possible, much less likely. Not everyone here is a trust the coaches, rah rah because I want a fucking excuse to rah rah because you're a weirdo who also likes jerking off, but not to completion and wallowing in your blue balls. If you want to do that, great, just go do it privately. If you want to continue to share stupid sentiment here, most folks are going to tell you to STFU and that you're an idiot. 

It's a message board. "Psych yourself out" is a weird concept to have. And some of us have actually worked to help the football program in tangible ways. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting