Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

18 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Looks like Abor and Perkins are announcing tomorrow.  Anyone feel confident that either one of them will be Horns?

I’m 100% sure we’ll be one of the 3-4 hats on the table; I’m equally sure we won’t be the last hat for either dude. These races were run long ago, tho glad we (allegedly) at least got back in the game for Abor…

49 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Perkins is supposedly announcing tomorrow but still taking more visits before signing day? I don't understand some of these kids.

Also, Perkins told Rivals that he hasn't talked Brian Kelly. Wtf is Kelly doing, I actually feel like LSU had a shot there.

Same with Dewberry, been committed to A&M for months. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Same with Dewberry, been committed to A&M for months. 

1st 💰 installment has gone through.  They are trying to create more drama for the hat ceremony.  If you do it right like Stewart, you might even get Ags to pony up some more with the second installment.  

I would love to, at the end of all this, find out how much money was exchanged here and how A&M pulled all this shit off. Like how much did they have to pay Stewart to go and get 25 catches a year or these out of state DLs? Or Harris, who wasn’t considering them until like November. 

It’s really impressive and I wish Texas had done it. They have less to sell than we do! And yet!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Counting his money.

Ah, so he’s got a lot in common with Perkins. 

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

Like how much did they have to pay Stewart to go and get 25 catches a year

Lol at 25 catchers/year.  There’s been specific numbers on this one discussed on this very board. 

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

I would love to, at the end of all this, find out how much money was exchanged here and how A&M pulled all this shit off. Like how much did they have to pay Stewart to go and get 25 catches a year or these out of state DLs? Or Harris, who wasn’t considering them until like November. 

It’s really impressive and I wish Texas had done it. They have less to sell than we do! And yet!

According to Lucci none they just wanted to play in College Station in front of 100,000+ and win championships 

• Haha 2

Normally it would be future 30 for 30 material, but with the NCAA no longer giving a shit, why should ESPN?

9 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

There is nothing impressive about it. They simply spent more money than anyone. 

Texas should do the same but there’s no magic formula here. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There is nothing impressive about it. They simply spent more money than anyone. 

Texas should do the same but there’s no magic formula here. 

The coordination it took was impressive, whether we want to admit it or not. If it was simple, every program would do it.

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The coordination it took was impressive, whether we want to admit it or not. If it was simple, every program would do it.

No they wouldn’t. There are are some programs that believe in staying clean whether you like it or not. 

It’s a big reason the Stanfords of the world have been left behind. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

No they wouldn’t. There are are some programs that believe in staying clean whether you like it or not. 

It’s a big reason the Stanfords of the world have been left behind. 

You’re correct, I shouldn’t have said every program, just most (like 99%). My point remains.

The coordination and scheme talk is one of the most exaggerated discussions on this board. You don’t need a rocket scientist to figure out a scheme to pay recruits. 

It’s about which schools are committed to cheat the most. That’s it.  A&M went all in with bags this cycle because NIL is about to change this approach but they didn’t have some magic sauce.

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

That was the game. They best players of the game have been winning championships. 

You’re missing the point. The game is definitely about getting recruits and players paid but it has nothing to do with some elaborate bag scheme or coordination. Certain schools are willing to cheat more than others. 

This is why NIL is beneficial to Texas because now they can play the game full throttle moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You’re missing the point.

No. What they did was impressive, regardless of how it was done, and many on here were bitching about Texas not matching their efforts. NIL going forward has nothing to do with them getting so many alumni on board last year that were committed to the cause. If they were dedicated to doing it illegally, they will likely be just as formidable with a legal process in place.

8 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

No. What they did was impressive, regardless of how it was done, and many on here were bitching about Texas not matching their efforts. NIL going forward has nothing to do with them getting so many alumni on board last year that were committed to the cause. If they were dedicated to doing it illegally, they will likely be just as formidable with a legal process in place.

Again, you're missing the point. I'm not arguing aggy wasn't committed I'm arguing it didn't take some elaborate scheme. 

On 12/31/2021 at 8:52 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw this posted from a 247 mod

- Texas signee Neto Umeozulu is one of eight offensive linemen from the Lone Star State at the Under Armour All-America Game. While he might not be ranked as high as others, one of the UA coaches, who has a dozen or so NFL clients, revealed Thursday that Umeozulu might have the highest ceiling of the bunch. He pointed to the fact that Umeozulu, who has worked at both guard and tackle the past few days, is still growing into his body and should only get more physical in the coming years. 

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

247 mod Greg Biggins had an article about five guys who've stood out at the UA practices, and should receive big ratings bumps in the final 247 and Neto was one of the five listed.

Neto is the most underrated recruit in this class. Glad the recruiting services are catching up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

New Surly NLI idea.  This goes to a single second year aggy transfer willing to document and publicly disclose the illegal bag game used in their initial recruitment.   It pays double what can be documented to have been received in elicit funds from aggy bagmen.  This NLI supports the charity ‘Clean Bags’ whose stated purpose is to rid college football of illegal monetary influence of players.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MAUFRAIS said:

What is the benefit of doing it under the table now that legit payment is possible?

If you, or your parents, need money to pay the rent today, I would think a bag of cash today would be preferable to the promise of a monthly payment 9 months from now.

Probably a stupid question/point.

If NIL is above-table and player-specific, perhaps the way some of these schools are obtaining advantages is by funneling cash to the families and handlers.  Most of the major players are/will probably dole out similar amounts for NIL; however, if Uncle, Mom, and Dad are also getting money, that could be enough to hold sway.

I'm sure this has already been discussed.  Carry on.

38 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

What is the benefit of doing it under the table now that legit payment is possible?

Handlers and trainers don’t get NIL deals. As long as they hold influence over the players they will push that direction. I don’t blame them. I also like money. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

Handlers and trainers don’t get NIL deals. As long as they hold influence over the players they will push that direction. I don’t blame them. I also like money. 

This is it, the “taxes” get paid to the middle man instead of Uncle Sam

15 hours ago, Bamboozled73 said:

1st 💰 installment has gone through.  They are trying to create more drama for the hat ceremony.  If you do it right like Stewart, you might even get Ags to pony up some more with the second installment.  

I can understand Stewart going for the quick cash grab by commenting to Aggie but once he has the cash he can go/transfer anywhere and get NIL money.  Aggie will have a hard time keeping a lot of these 22’s in CS once any adversity hits.  

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Probably a stupid question/point.

If NIL is above-table and player-specific, perhaps the way some of these schools are obtaining advantages is by funneling cash to the families and handlers.  Most of the major players are/will probably dole out similar amounts for NIL; however, if Uncle, Mom, and Dad are also getting money, that could be enough to hold sway.

I'm sure this has already been discussed.  Carry on.

The biggest advantage for the bag game is what will also cause it to die off. You can't talk about the bag game, and if you can't talk about it, how are going to flex just how much you are getting paid. On the other hand you have NIL where we can shout it from the roof tops how much money our guys are making and never underestimate the power of clout, what's the point of having money if you can't show it off.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I can understand Stewart going for the quick cash grab by commenting to Aggie but once he has the cash he can go/transfer anywhere and get NIL money.  Aggie will have a hard time keeping a lot of these 22’s in CS once any adversity hits.  

Allegedly, Georgia, Aggy and others don’t pull out the 6 figure bags until the player signs his LOI. Probably why Georgia lost their shit when Evans backed out. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Allegedly, Georgia, Aggy and others don’t pull out the 6 figure bags until the player signs his LOI. Probably why Georgia lost their shit when Evans backed out. 

That has always been true. Georgia lost their shit, because Evans went out and shopped the bag after having an agreement and doing it late. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting