Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Justin Wells: Five Most Important Decisions before early NSD 2022

Covering the Texas Football recruiting beat lately has been like a bottle rocket, whereas before the last few weeks was more like a dud. Now, UT’s Class of 2022 is as hot as any program in the nation. Quinn Ewers, NIL, and Kyle Flood have all played integral parts to putting this group together. Shout-out to the Texas commits themselves on putting in some serious work. This class is why I love college football recruiting. The decisions made today will ultimately affect what happens on the field tomorrow. Let’s check out the five most important decisions remaining for Texas going into the early signing period on Wednesday.

1. CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX): The elite corner has it narrowed down to Texas, Texas A&M, and Alabama. In a way, it was always going to be those three, even though he barely showed the Aggies love throughout the process. UT has been the most consistent with the two-time state champion, going for ring No. 3 on Saturday. Nobody has covered the On3 five-star like @EricNahlin and it feels like it’s been years. Matter of fact, it has been. This is the one that would put the icing on the Texas C/O 2022’s proverbial cake.

2. CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm (Little Elm, TX) (OHIO STATE): This recruitment has been slowly building over the last few weeks. Even before Ohio State hired a new defensive coordinator, Terry Joseph was putting in work with the Brooks’ family. Brooks is all about relationships and development, which is no surprise considering his father, Chet Brooks, played defensive back in the NFL. We’ve been out front on this development from the start and one source inside the program feels like the On3 No. 18 player in the country would play immediately in Austin. Our @HudsonStandish will be on-hand for his signing ceremony. He’s not just the other five-star corner in this state.

3. WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX): As of tonight, it looks like Texas, Baylor, or Michigan State. After being committed to UT for the better part of a year, he famously de-committed during a Texas-Kansas State clash and burned some bridges in doing so. He wants back in the class, but will Texas take him? Baylor is the other school I’d watch, but you have to think the Horns welcome him back considering they have one wide receiver commit in this cycle. Or Sark’s becoming more serious about bringing in kids buying-in to the culture.

4. Running Back Take Two: UT wants another tailback to join Klein Cain’s Jaydon Blue in this cycle. After looking over various options like Newton’s DeAnthony Gatson, the staff stumbled onto Grand Prairie athlete Savion Red. Texas offered the former SMU pledge before his in-home visit with Jeff Banks, and have been building ever since. If for some reason the 5-foot-11, 205-pounder selects SMU or Mississippi Valley State, they’d probably look harder at Winter Park (FL) running back Terrance Gibbs or into the portal. But that’s not likely.

5. Shazz Preston, Saint James (Saint James, LA): The On3 four-star is down to Alabama, Texas, LSU, and Georgia. This has an Alabama feel to it, but we’d heard positive intel on the Longhorns chances of landing the 6-foot, 190-pounder and On3 No. 143 overall prospect in the class. Preston visited Austin and has always been more than gracious about the UT staff. I wouldn’t be surprised if the #22EFFECT pledges have reached out.

Reminder: This cycle is off the rails. Prepare for tomorrow. Hydrate and piss like a champion.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Tell me you don’t know a thing about Ethan Burke without saying you don’t know a thing about Ethan Burke.

I’m not talking about Burke. I’m just saying that seeing all the “#FlipMas 👀” tweets will be really anti-climactic if it’s all because we had to replace recruits who flipped from us in the first place.

Just now, Aslan24 said:

I’m not talking about Burke. I’m just saying that seeing all the “#FlipMas 👀” tweets will be really anti-climactic if it’s all because we had to replace recruits who flipped from us in the first place.

Well it’s flipmas because a kid who was committed to Michigan is now coming to Texas. The circumstances around the flip can be debated but we are getting a kid from our backyard that is a damn good player.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

Listen Asslan, contrary to your belief, these recruits coming together in excitement is more important than your climax.

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Theory: Anthony Jones was the one person in the class that PK was heavily involved with. Is his potential exit an indicator a DC change is coming?

Obviously this year was unacceptable but it’s pretty clear the talent is lacking on defense.  PK was universally lauded when Sark made the hire.  I don’t understand the desire to see him go so quick.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting