Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Marcusshelton said:

I wonder how much of what he normally eats gets burned off by lacrosse. Maybe a year or two of eating, lifting, and not playing lacrosse will help him add weight.

*disclaimer-I know almost nothing about lacrosse and may be talking out of my ass.  

See Jake Smith, former Longhorn and former Gatorade player of the year. High School LAX players are the best conditioned athletes at school. All they do is run, and run away, and throw and catch.  Cat quick w/ lightning reflexes.

Bulk ‘em up for football, and, … , doesn’t translate well. Burke at 275 lbs won’t be quick and won’t have a 46” vertical(?). Move him to TE? Wylie 2.0. Still waiting on him to make a block. 

I’m pumped as shit the way the last 2 weeks have gone. Getting a late flip from a kid I’ve never heard of, from Michigan that rivals Texas for ineptitude the last 10 years, from a suburban HS football factory, for me, perhaps we should take less of a project.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, PTINS said:

See Jake Smith, former Longhorn and former Gatorade player of the year. High School LAX players are the best conditioned athletes at school. All they do is run, and run away, and throw and catch.  Cat quick w/ lightning reflexes.

Bulk ‘em up for football, and, … , doesn’t translate well. Burke at 275 lbs won’t be quick and won’t have a 46” vertical(?). Move him to TE? Wylie 2.0. Still waiting on him to make a block. 

I’m pumped as shit the way the last 2 weeks have gone. Getting a late flip from a kid I’ve never heard of, from Michigan that rivals Texas for ineptitude the last 10 years, from a suburban HS football factory, for me, perhaps we should take less of a project.

Jim Brown played lacrosse. 

The fact you haven’t heard of Burke doesn’t help your argument. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, PTINS said:

This is very insightful.  I also am surprised that they took Burke over all of the 5* edge prospects that were dying to come here.

5 minutes ago, PTINS said:

This is true to a point, but at 6"7 I don't necessarily know if he was a true "runner" as a midi or more than likely a short burst guy playing attack or d pole. Regardless, his size makes him a freak on the lacrosse field and would be a pain in the ass to play against. With how heavily lacrosse relies on lateral agility he may have stayed below what would be his optimal football weight, but it really depends on what other sports he was playing as well.

That being said, the kid is going to be conditioned regardless because everyone runs (even the goalies) and will have exceptional hand-eye coordination and be fairly ambidextrous. 

So putting on mass will really depend on body type, but if he can put on 30 lbs of good weight he could be an every-down end, but if not he can still cause havoc as a specialty passing down only rusher.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Michigan has five 10 win seasons in the past decade. We have one. And you might not want to check who won the Big 10 & made the CFP this year. Let’s not throw stones.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Getting a late flip from a kid I’ve never heard of, from Michigan that rivals Texas for ineptitude the last 10 years, from a suburban HS football factory, for me, perhaps we should take less of a project.

Michigan made the playoffs and has one of the best defensive lines in the country. This is an incredibly stupid argument. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 60HornStampede said:

Anything of substance in 247s latest few notes? 

Nope.

Spoiler

Nick commented on the Neto situation. We are monitoring it as close as we can.

We are also aware of a rumor about Anthony Jones not signing tomorrow. I haven’t confirmed with Anthony but as of now I don’t expect him to be in the class. That might be what cleared the way for Ethan Burke.

I’m starting to hear stronger vibes on Denver Harris. It’s getting closer to what I feel is 50/50.

This has been the most insane class and craziest signing day eve I can recall.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Nope.

Hide contents

Nick commented on the Neto situation. We are monitoring it as close as we can.

We are also aware of a rumor about Anthony Jones not signing tomorrow. I haven’t confirmed with Anthony but as of now I don’t expect him to be in the class. That might be what cleared the way for Ethan Burke.

I’m starting to hear stronger vibes on Denver Harris. It’s getting closer to what I feel is 50/50.

This has been the most insane class and craziest signing day eve I can recall.

Is Denver Harris getting closer to 50/50 according to 247 good or bad? I can't remember who stands where on him

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Michigan made the playoffs and has one of the best defensive lines in the country. This is an incredibly stupid argument. 

It’s not the craziest thing to say he’s a project that we aren’t even sure can put on the right weight and be good at the position in college….   He was going to be a long shot project there and is here too, just cause he signs here doesn’t make him the next JJ Watt.  Someone who could step in and play next year would have been better, but you’re right, no 5 stars were in the mix for the slot.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, TotallyLegit said:

Is Denver Harris getting closer to 50/50 according to 247 good or bad? I can't remember who stands where on him

Good. Roach has been consistently saying 55/45 Aggy for like a week now. 

Still seems most likely that Harris will just not sign until February. Has to make his decision by January since he is early enrollee but I highly doubt he comes to a clear decision in the next 72 hours. 

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

Good. Roach has been consistently saying 55/45 Aggy for like a week now. 

Still seems most likely that Harris will just not sign until February. Has to make his decision by January since he is early enrollee but I highly doubt he comes to a clear decision in the next 72 hours. 

the price to aggy is only going up.  smart of Harris.

Cross posting - Harris and a few other prospects overlap.

A quick summation of Signing Day eve

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

A quick summation of Signing Day eve

Brian Perroni

The full info can be found on the pinned 'One Day out' thread, but here's a quick recap.

-I expect A&M to land the nation's top TE Jake Johnson tomorrow morning. I also expect former LSU QB Max Johnson to transfer to Aggieland and join his younger brother. Consider this my Crystal Ball of 8 on them.

-I looks like A&M will flip 4-star Georgia CB commit Marquis Groves-Killebrew. He tore his ACL in the final game and won't play next year, so there's a chance he could be a greyshirt.

-UGA is trying really hard to flip Deyon Bouie back. A&M feels confident still but he's from South Georgia in a town that the Bulldogs recruit very well. It will be interesting to follow tomorrow as his signing time is not until 4:30 p.m. Central. I expect Evan Stewart to sign with the Aggies.

-Denver Harris may or may not sign tomorrow. I still think it will be A&M if he does, but Texas is still pushing him. There's the chance he could do it Thursday or Friday of not tomorrow, but could also just show up at his school of choice in January without ever signing.

-I still really like A&M to land Enai White and Kam Dewberry tomorrow, in addition to Johnson and Groves-Killebrew (though he might wait to announce depending on when he gets his paperwork). I think they get Anthony Lucas as well, but that one's not completely over yet.

-Five-star Kentucky OT commit Kiyaunta Goodwin eliminated A&M and is down to Kentucky and Michigan State. IMG LB Jihaad Campbell is almost assuredly headed to Alabama.

-The main names to watch in February are LB Harold Perkins, DE Shemar Stewart and S Jacoby Mathews.

(Joe Cook) Inside Texas - Texas Longhorns National Signing Day Preview

As his first national signing day as head coach of the Texas Longhorns program begins, Steve Sarkisian enters the day with a 2022 recruiting class ranked sixth in On3’s rankings Texas’ class currently has 23 commits, with 15 calling the state of Texas home. We’ll track signings, flips, decisions, and more on this page. Join the conversation on Inside Texas Members Only and stay up to date on the latest recruiting news with our Moderators Only update thread.

NSD decisions Inside Texas is watching

Denver Harris, CB, Houston (Texas) Galena Park North Shore
Time: ???
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 17
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 5
Finalists: Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama

Kam Dewberry, OL, Humble (Texas) Atascocita
Time: 3 p.m. Central
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 64
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 12
Finalists: Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma

Armani Winfield, WR, Lewisville (Texas)
Time: 4 p.m. Central
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 224
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 40
Finalists: Texas, Baylor

Larry Turner-Gooden, DB, Playa Del Rey (Calif.) Bishop Alemany
Time: SIGNING TOMORROW, ANNOUNCING JANUARY 8
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 244
On3 Consensus ranking in California: No. 20
Finalists:

Malik Agbo, OL, Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer
Time: 4 p.m. Central on CBSSportsHQ
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 356
On3 Consensus ranking in Washington: No. 5
Finalists: Texas, Auburn, Miami, Oklahoma

Savion Red, ATH, Grand Prairie (Texas)
Time: 2 p.m. Central
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 1281
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 196
Finalists: SMU, Texas

Potential flips Inside Texas is watching

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco (Texas) Liberty
(Texas A&M commit)
Time: N/A
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 4
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 2
Finalists: Texas, Texas A&M

Terrance Brooks, DB, Little Elm (Texas)
(Ohio State commit)
Time: 8:45 a.m. Central on Stadium
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 42
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 8
Finalists: Texas, Ohio State

Bryce Anderson, DB, Beaumont (Texas) West Brook
(Texas A&M commit)
Time: N/A
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 53
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 11
Finalists: Texas, Texas A&M

Ethan Burke, EDGE, Austin (Texas) Westlake
(Michigan commit)
Time: 8:30 a.m. Central
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 538
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 81
Finalists: Texas, Michigan

Xavion Brice, DB, Arlington (Texas) Seguin
(Oklahoma commit)
Time: 7 a.m. Central
On3 Consensus ranking: No. 685
On3 Consensus ranking in Texas: No. 100
Finalists: Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech

You're not laughing, you're literally upset over a post. Is it compulsions to be right that drive you? 
And board contributions? Who gives a shit about board contributions? It's a message board lol. 

You're complaining instead of putting me on ignore. Think about that. You have a solution that you refuse to use. That's pretty sad, man. 
He isnt upset about jack shit dude, he pushes buttons. Thats what he's always done here and you should know that by now. Seems he pushed all yours lol

/insomnia, back to bed

Thanks for ALL the comments. 

It’s brutal getting caught up this past few weeks!!! 

I have liked Michigan since they beat #1 Ohio State in 1969, elevating Texas to #1.  I fondly remember the taunts, “Who’s Ohio State?” We have 2005. Michigan is my team of choice this year.  They are in the CFP and they have a real good team, 2 things that have little similarity to Texas.  They have the luxury of developing projects over 2-3 years. We need players now. I want Corey Redding!!! If not his year, get a 1 yr transfer, and get him next year.

Lacrosse: Jim Brown? Never saw him as a young man, but I lived in Jester East in 1974 with Earl & the other UT athletes. I’m betting Jim looked very similar to Earl & Corey as freshman, like full grown ass men. Playing lacrosse didn’t “Make” Jim Brown.

Putting 10-15 pounds on Jake Smith ruined him. 

I’ve looked at a lot of Hudl’s on here for players we’ve chased. Got spoiled looking at Banks, Cam & Neto. Never heard of Burke til tonight. I like that we’ve added ~3,000 lbs of beef on the OL & DL this cycle. My preference is the pick of the litter.

Thank you all for adding to the cumulative knowledge of Surly!!!

• Hook 'Em 7

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting