Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, this shit is just laughably obvious right now. All these caliber recruits wanting to play for a team that doesn't have a DC. It's Ole Miss level obvious. 

Maybe these kids just want to go to a school like A&M that has such a long and historic championship winning tradition in football along with being located in what many say is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  It has nothing to do with them cheating and paying these kids.

• Haha 5

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

He's the worst DL prospect out of the group. Including Burke. Jones apparently had an average senior year. 

He was definitely processed. 

Really? I haven’t seen his senior tape but people have said it’s pretty good, although I think a lot of people speculated if he was a TE long term 

Watching Aggy outbidding everyone is fascinating to me. When you have millions of living alumni, no matter what occupations majority of them hold (no offense to pool cleaners), it's not hard to raise money.  Aggys have numbers on their side and cult culture - two things you need to rule the bag game.

He stops running around the lecross field and hits the the gym he will put on weight in a hurry. Texas has full time staff to ensure this gets done. Remember Joseph Ossai? He was a damn beanpole. There is a long list of guys that put on the beef. Connor Williams was 264 in HS and I think Cosmi was light in the ass too. Point being, get an extremely athletic long dude, put the weight on and they don't lose the athletic ability and become stars. One I know personally from back in the day was Bubba Franks. 6'6" 220 in high school but a tremendous athlete who redshirted, became freshman AA then AA and eventually the highest drafted tight end ever and a pro bowler.

Agree with everything here except Ossai being a beanpole…I hooped with him at Greg his true freshman year before he ever stepped foot on the field; dude was a fucking monster when he was 18. Made the other freshmen football players who were playing with us look like children physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting