Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Has this guy's name ever been brought up in any capacity at any point during this cycle? Way out of left field.

Steve has been on the 247 staff for like 10 years. He is also a Michigan insider so not really likely that he'd be brought up this cycle.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

@TreatyOak you know Westlake, is Burke a legitimate take?

I’ve watched most Westlake games this year. Hard to get a good read due to how weak the district is, but he’s been a badass all year and played a good game against Katy. Redshirt him and let him fill out and see what happens. The kid is a damn good high school football player 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I’ve watched most Westlake games this year. Hard to get a good read due to how weak the district is, but he’s been a badass all year and played a good game against Katy. Redshirt him and let him fill out and see what happens. The kid is a damn good high school football player 

Oh and being the best player on this Westlake defense has to count for something. Holy fuck this Westlake defense is unreal 

• Hook 'Em 1

The reactions from when Burke committed to Michigan was mostly positive: https://redd.it/r6p5st

Huge fan of this pick-up. Late riser who was committed to Maryland for lacrosse, but he's really blown up for football this year. He's 6'7" 225 and needs to put on weight, but his Hudl tape is still really impressive

Watched him play live, he's an issue every play. Westlake is holding teams to under 7 points a game, with one of the toughest schedules in the state of Texas. They run a 4-2-5 with only 1 guy going D-1, Burke. Burke is a problem.

Dude needs to hit the buffet and the weight room but he looks like a potential terror 2 or 3 years from now. Put on 25-30 pounds of good weight, work on technique, unleash him in 2023.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Michigan tried to sell him on being the next Hutchison.  He’s light in the ass but has length you can’t teach.  He’s a developmental project that you try to put 30 lbs of muscle on and hope you end up with a real live edge setter.  

Looks about as wiry as Omenihu. Good get if he turns out like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas is too good for a recruit committed to a playoff team that happens to be recruited by one of the best defensive line coaches in the country. 

This board is sad sometimes. 

A lot of people talked themselves into Kobie a couple of days ago and Burke looks a lot better on tape than him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Of all the twists and turns in this thread, I find none more surprising than more of you not having Spider on ignore. For the sake of those of us who do, pretty please extend the courtesy of not quoting his drivel. I can honestly feel my brain cells saying "fuck it, I'm out of here," every time somebody quotes him. 

Most helpful post on this thread today. Because I'd forgotten all about the "ignore" feature. Hadn't used in a couple years, but it's come in really handy again tonight. Thanks, Mitch. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The only thing I can think of is using Derrick Brown off ball and this fills his edge spot.

I think that’s the thought. Brown could very likely end up off the ball and Finkley is a tweener who could easily end up inside depending on how he fills out.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I think that’s the thought. Brown could very likely end up off the ball and Finkley is a tweener who could easily end up inside depending on how he fills out.

You're trying to think too much about positioning. This staff thinks the entire DL is trash. They're trying to add numbers across the board because the roster is complete ass. 

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting