Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Clearly you didn’t catch the entire season where he insisted derrian brown was the spitting image of jamaal Charles. In fact, he made that comparison for like every RB we saw over an 18 month period. 

UH, yeah that's incorrect. I jokingly said he would be Adrian Peterson, but I've followed your posts enough to see that you clearly can't read. Maybe sit this one out, champ. 

Roach most importantly with announcement times and a bit of other stuff

Spoiler

— Tomorrow will be a hectic but exciting day for Texas fans. Here are some times we've confirmed for major targets announcing. Xavion Brice (7:00 AM), Terrance Brooks (8:45 AM), Savion Red (2:00 PM), Armani Winfield (4:00 PM) Malik Agbo (4:00 PM). Going to sleep early tonight seems like a mistake given what happens with Sark after dark, but tomorrow will be a long day with an early start. Here's where things stand at the moment.

— I'm fascinated to see how things will play out at defensive back. Numbers are already tight and the Longhorns have two deciding tomorrow. Brice will go before Brooks which is interesting because I just can't see Texas fitting both in the class with the current numbers. Perhaps numbers are a problem they will worry about later, but it's tough to see Texas taking both. I think it's likely that Brice's decision could be a preview for Brooks if Texas gets word on the Ohio State commit this evening. Dominoes should start to fall right after 7, so we will see how things start off early on.

— We've been pretty consistent in reporting the ins and outs of the Terrance Brooks recruitment. Texas has been playing the long game ever since losing Brooks to Ohio State over the summer, and as we reported last week, the staff had a pivotal in-home visit with the family. Despite some opinions on that reporting, Texas momentum hasn't stalled here. Brooks and his family will meet tonight to figure out a decision on what the future holds for them. We've said for a while not to sleep on Texas in this one, and it sounds like others are figuring that out. This is still an extremely tight race, but I feel the trend is inching toward Texas. Yesterday I picked Ohio State, today I would pick Texas. We will see what information we get tomorrow morning.

— I feel comfortable saying that Savion Red is one the safest picks I have for Texas tomorrow. The Longhorns jumped on the Grand Prairie receiver quickly following his decommitment from SMU, and I was told they blew him away on his visit. The only way I could see SMU as the pick is if Red becomes a late number casualty. I don't see that happening because of the need and I feel he's already factored in the math.

— I've been poking around with Armani Winfield and it sounds like the family is still in the process of making a decision. Michigan State is where my pick currently sits, but this one probably comes down to Baylor and Texas. I think Texas is trending alright but nothing is done. I might wait to change my pick until the morning, but I'm leaning toward a low confidence Texas pick at the moment.

— I also feel really good about Malik Agbo as of now. The big offensive lineman will announce on CBS Sports HQ and I expect Kyle Flood to add his fourth commitment of the week.

— I still think Denver Harris ends up at Texas A&M, but there's enough noise around Texas that I can't quite shut the door. I know the family preference has always been Texas, and the Horns are making a late push trying to finish things off, but unless something changes I've still got the five-star headed to College Station. I don't have a time for his announcement.

— I spoke to a source near Maalik Murphy today who told me that he expects the four-star Texas quarterback commit to sign tomorrow.  Murphy is an early enrollee, so if he was going to look around he'd have to make a decision soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Should be pretty cool. Im glad that they are doing this. Live stream recruiting show from 7am to noon with all of the IT staff joining periodically.

• YouTube at 7am CT    Inside Texas Bobby Burton
  • Longhorn Network 7am CT
  • ESPN2 College Football Live: Signing Day Special 2pm CT
  • SEC Network - SEC Now: Signing Day Special 11am CT
  • ACC Network - Packer and Durham Show 6-9am CT

ESPN will deploy a multi-network approach to cover the Early Signing Period on Wednesday, Dec. 15, with coverage on ESPN2, SEC Network, ACC Network and Longhorn Network. Seven recruits in the ESPN300 will make their announcements as part of College Football Live: Signing Day Special on ESPN2 beginning at 3 p.m. ET. The two-hour special will be hosted by Matt Schick and national recruiting director Tom Luginbill, joined by ESPN recruiting insider Craig Haubert, analyst Roddy Jones and reporter Tom Van Haaren. Head coaches Luke Fickell (Cincinnati) and Marcus Freeman (Notre Dame) will also join the show.

Name ESPN 300 Rank Position Rank Schools In Consideration
Kamari Wilson 14 1 (S) Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M
Shazz Preston 15 3 (WR) Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas
Marvin Jones, Jr. 62 6 (LB) Alabama, Georgia, Florida State
Zion Branch 76 5 (S) Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC
Kam Dewberry 107 15 (OT) Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M
Anthony Lucas 121 14 (DT Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, UCLA
Earl Little, Jr. 207 25 (CB) Alabama, Florida State, Miami

SEC Network
Alyssa Lang hosts with Haubert, and analysts Gene Chizik and Roman Harper joining the desk for insight and analysis. Five-minute updates will be given at the top of the hour at 9, 10 and 11 a.m. before the SEC Now: Signing Day Special begins at noon. Coverage will continue throughout The Paul Finebaum Show with a full recap of the Early Signing Period in the 9 p.m. edition of SEC Now.

ACC Network
The Huddle: Signing Day Special with host Jordan Cornette along with Eric Mac LainEJ Manuel and Mark Richt will provide a wrap-up of the day’s events at 6 p.m. The show will focus on top recruiting wins for the ACC with analysis from Luginbill. Guests during the hour-long show include head coaches from across the league as early signing day concludes. Packer and Durham, ACCN’s daily morning show, will also provide reaction to key signees in the ACC on Wednesday morning from 7-10 a.m.

Longhorn Network
Longhorn Network kicks off the morning at 8 a.m. with a two-hour special, Texas Football National Signing Day. The special, hosted by Lowell Galindo along with Fozzy Whittaker and Michael Griffin, as well as Alex Loeb who will be reporting live from the Texas football team office, will focus on head coach Steve Sarkisian’s first official Texas recruiting class. Galindo and Whittaker will be back with Coach Sark at 7 p.m. for a 30-minute recap show, Longhorn Extra: National Signing Day Special.

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

UH, yeah that's incorrect. I jokingly said he would be Adrian Peterson, but I've followed your posts enough to see that you clearly can't read. Maybe sit this one out, champ. 

Yes. 6 folks including yourself pointed out in the last 2 pages that you’re an idiot, but tell me to sit this one out champ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Holy crap we've gotten to the point where A&M reporters are giving hourly updates on a kid.

I fully expect a TexAgs reporter to be knocking on his door tonight Malik Jefferson style.

Or maybe stalk him into a bathroom if they want to achieve aggy legend status

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Of all the twists and turns in this thread, I find none more surprising than more of you not having Spider on ignore. For the sake of those of us who do, pretty please extend the courtesy of not quoting his drivel. I can honestly feel my brain cells saying "fuck it, I'm out of here," every time somebody quotes him. 

Oh buddy, I'm here to haunt your dreams for a long, long time. Prepare your anus 

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes, sit this one out since you're literally too stupid to get a joke about a player, and not even the right player at that. 

The only person surprised that you can’t remember your own posting history is fucking you, dipshit. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:48 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm not saying he's as fast as Jamaal, I'm saying his cut and go is like Jamaal. Dude will never be Jamaal. That's obvious. He's more of a Alvin Kamara kind of back overall, not that he'll BE Kamara. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

I meant his cut and go is like Jamaal. And you're right, he's not and never will be as fast as Jamaal. That would be insane. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:57 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Not in my opinion. He's a very, very good RB. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:43 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Have you seen his hudl? He runs past defenders like Jamaal. I'm not the only person that's made this observation.

On 12/19/2018 at 4:17 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

What the fuck does Drayton actually do? We will have 3 RB's on our roster next year, and we hardly run our best back. People keep saying he was injured, but he apparently wasn't injured enough to take on blocks from LB'S safeties blitzing. Why does Tom and Drayton hate using Ingram? And now we have a Jamaal Charles and Alvin Kamara clone coming in, and he'll probably be used like DJ Monroe (sore subject, sorry). I'm not sorry for saying Brown is my Charles Kamara be other kid can ball. Fuck Cain, though. Jk, good kid who chose poorly. Can't blame him, though. It's not like he got a chance to see Ingram show what he's capable of doing. /rant

I'm going to go speedball some Xanax and Busch beer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The only person surprised that you can’t remember your own posting history is fucking you, dipshit. 

Huh. Well I'll be. Good on you for going all the way back to find it. I stand corrected, and a little weirded out that you care enough to actually search for me. 

Pos rep for proving me wrong, I guess?

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Huh. Well I'll be. Good on you for going all the way back to find it. I stand corrected, and a little weirded out that you care enough to actually search for me. 

Pos rep for proving me wrong, I guess?

It took about 1 whole minute to search for “jamaal Charles” by author. And it was clear because the rest of us with an IQ approaching triple digits remember the multiple page absurdity of your take and subsequent weak defense against posters like macklin, huck, etc because slow motion train wrecks are difficult to forget. 

but tell us more about the Adrian Peterson joke I just didn’t understand. You’re either a blatant liar, a complete fucking moron, or both. Feel free to pick one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting