Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, cashman said:

Imo it’s more exciting than Charlie’s NSDs because these flips were genuine surprises. I feel like the 2015/2016 classes were virtually set like a week before and everybody just ended up announcing on Signing day for added drama

And then Strong went 5-7 and 5-7.

spacer.png

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, cashman said:

It’s only 7 AM in the west coast right now. Relax

I am on the west, so i should know. He has been silent about Texas the last few days, which is not like him. At any rate, this won't be a big loss given how well we have done in positions of need.

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

I am on the west, so i should know. He has been silent about Texas the last few days, which is not like him. At any rate, this won't be a big loss given how well we have done in positions of need.

I’d prefer he signs with us, but remember when we passed on Andrew Luck because Squints was the guy?

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

So who are we targeting that is getting pushed to NSD 2?

Devon Campbell, Omari Abor, Harold Perkins, Jacoby Mathews

Larry Hyphen is supposed to sign today, but might not be allowed to if he wants TX.

Anthony Jones and Champ Lewis look like they are getting processed.

Maalik Murphy and Savion Red sign at 2 PM.

Armani Winfield and Malik Agbo sign at 4 PM.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

How many can we sign total? Assuming Lance St. Louis and Will Stone are greyshirts/walk-ons, and we don't end up signing Lewis and Jones, and we add Winfield back to the class, that would put us at 23, assuming Maalik signs. Wondering how many spots we'll have for February commits.

St. Louis got officially announced like all the other signees, i don’t think they could’ve done that if he didn’t sign a NLI. I think he’s on scholly. The kicker hasn’t been officially announced yet though.

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Devon Campbell, Omari Abor, Harold Perkins, Jacoby Mathews

Larry Hyphen is supposed to sign today, but might not be allowed to if he wants TX.

Anthony Jones and Champ Lewis look like they are getting processed.

Maalik Murphy and Savion Red sign at 2 PM.

Armani Winfield and Malik Agbo sign at 4 PM.

There's no way Texas can take Red right now....right? Especially if we're trying to get one or two of these really highly rated guys? The numbers just don't seem to add up to me.... but what the fuck do I know lol

Just now, Lou_Sassle said:

There's no way Texas can take Red right now....right? Especially if we're trying to get one or two of these really highly rated guys? The numbers just don't seem to add up to me.... but what the fuck do I know lol

We need Red to make the Brooks was here, so was Red thing work.  He's a take all the way.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

We have room for another RB and LB and WR as it stands at this moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

This is dumb and you should feel bad. If he wants to be a contributor and be worthy of a spot on the football team he’ll be in spring practice while the lax team is off playing peepee touch under I-35

As a former UT Lax player, I approve of this message. If he is taking a scholarship on the 40, then he better be all in for football. He can party with the Rugby and Lax teams. That is all. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting