Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

Because you still have Sawyer Goram-Welch, Myron Warren, and Prince Dorbah on the roster.

You have Tapp, Finkley, Brown, and maybe Abor on the edge. I dont think Burke has the ability to drop into space. 

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

If Burke excels at lacrosse, it seems like he'd have the ability to play TE in the Jared Wiley mold.  Seems like he might have Savion Red type positional flexibility.

He was never the best athlete on the lacrosse field. He used his size to create mismatches. 

Where is this depth at edge you're referring to?

This class already has Tapp and Anthony Jones, and potentially Finkley as well. I don’t really see the value in adding another with the situation at WR and in the defensive back seven. We’ll see how it plays out though, would love for him to be JJ Peppers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Terry Joseph gave a decent interview on LHN discussing how the class will allow the playbook to be opened up a bit more. Doesn’t seem like he or PK will be gone after this season. 

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Terry Joseph basically just saying they didn’t have the players needed to open up the defensive playbook and this class is gonna change things in that regard. 

I mean, I can be quite cynical. But I'm not too worried about opening up the playbook when we couldn't even master 1 defensive play last year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

This class already has Tapp and Anthony Jones, and potentially Finkley as well. I don’t really see the value in adding another with the situation at WR and in the defensive back seven. We’ll see how it plays out though, would love for him to be JJ Peppers.

Someone has not been keeping up with the thread.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I can be quite cynical. But I'm not too worried about opening up the playbook when we couldn't even master 1 defensive play last year. 

I think the point being they knew they didn’t have the players and they have worked fucking hard to recruit those guys

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Given the depth of the existing DL/Edge class and needs elsewhere, this doesn’t feel like a great use of a scholarship. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong.

Westlake season-ticket holder here.  Burke is long, quick, agile, and plays smart  He swats a lot of passes away and once he gets his hands on a runner, it's usually over.   He's clearly a project due to his leanness, but I thought that Michigan was making a good gamble when they offered.  My concern at UT is position, as I see him more as a 4-3 DE.  For Westlake DE comparison, I thought at the time that Breckyn Hager was a bad take, since he had exactly one move in HS (speed move outside the tackle).  Burke is much more athletic, versatile, and disruptive. 

• Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting