2021 Hurricane & Cyclone Thread

Rip76

12 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

They would have shut in production wells and set storm plugs and suspended any drilling operations prior to storm. Semi’s would have tripped out of the hole, closed subsea BOP’s, pulled some riser and moved off location to a safer place.

Sucks if the rig is damaged and though.

Our drillships started hauling ass Friday and production facilities were closing in all wells back on Wednesday and people evacuated Thursday.  I'm not with Shell but I am pretty sure they were doing the same.  Hopefully all the downhole safety valves hold on those producers.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

CNN just had a guy on who is riding it out at Grand Isle on a boat. Said they got trapped and the storm came upon them quicker than they expected.

bold GIF

but really. The timeline for the storms arrival has been available for awhile. Not sure how it catches you unexpectedly. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

CNN just had a guy on who is riding it out at Grand Isle on a boat. Said they got trapped and the storm came upon them quicker than they expected.

4 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

bold GIF

but really. The timeline for the storms arrival has been available for awhile. Not sure how it catches you unexpectedly. 

image.gif.730fb97261030c5e20358e18e1432e74.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Just livin' your best life, man. Gotta love New Orleans.

Had to look twice to make sure that wasn't my oldest. He's a pro trumpet player. He has been a bit frazzled over the last year and a half. Thought for a second or two, he might have gone down to the quarter and expressed himself. Not him. He is hunkered down.

• Hook 'Em 5

36 minutes ago, Blotto said:

This prick is making up stuff so mute him. He is saying winds are 160 mph when a NWS airport sensor 100 yards in the open has it i the 70s. He’s a known guy who greatly embellishes data.