Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, they're out of pitching, but they're not a bad team, at all.

They're a just above average college baseball team who played a shit schedule and rallied to beat a few good teams.

That's all they are.

They would finish 7th in the Big 12 if they were lucky

Edited by Cajun

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

God, the fucking excuse machine being cranked up by these announcers is nauseating.

Yeah, I've stopped on the SEC network this weekend when scrolling around between games, and it's non-stop homer bullshit.

And meanwhile on the Longhorn Network, it's endless spin and excuse-making for whoever Texas is playing.  Last night when their pitcher struggled, we heard "It's a blister!" and then "It's a tendon injury" and then when the pitcher air mails one and then just stands there while a runner scores, not a single critical word (which was richly deserved) for a pitcher who throws a wild pitch and can't be bothered to cover home.  No way Texas would have gotten that non-criticism.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Paul Wesley said:

Yeah, I've stopped on the SEC network this weekend when scrolling around between games, and it's non-stop homer bullshit.

And meanwhile on the Longhorn Network, it's endless spin and excuse-making for whoever Texas is playing.  Last night when their pitcher struggled, we heard "It's a blister!" and then "It's a tendon injury" and then when the pitcher air mails one and then just stands there while a runner scores, not a single critical word (which was richly deserved) for a pitcher who throws a wild pitch and can't be bothered to cover home.  No way Texas would have gotten that non-criticism.

It's in the ATX DNA for some reason.  Mystifying.

Always gotta build up the other guy.

I blame Mack.

Guest Lobo
Just now, Barbacoa said:

ASU would look just as pathetic right now. This is what it looks like when you run out of pitching before a game even starts. 

Pretty much.  Didn't really stop to appreciate how bad ASU's injuries in the off-season and during the season were for them.  But either team would have had a pitching coach walking around the locker room asking, "Anybody here start a game on the mound back in high school?"  As Augie "Sun Tzu" Garrido would have said, "A pitching duel is often over before it ever begins.  Mainly because a duel requires a second party to the battle."  

Guest Lobo
Just now, Deej said:

If you can find anechoic Chambers all around the world, then why do we need to brag about ours every commercial break?

One Word........Volume. 

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I hate when catchers do that.  My coach made me practice throwing it hard to the pitchers glove side shoulder over and over until it was rote. It keeps the pitcher engaged and not chasing lollipops all over the mound. 

Plus its fucking lazy.

Lol my high school coach never made it to the majors but was a catcher in the minors for 10+ years; he was the same way.

”Throw the ball back to him the way you want him to throw it to you” lol…