Tell me about UH

GhostofDanJones

42 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Can both teams lose this game? Asking for a friend...

UTSA is actually a two point favorite right now..   But yea Holgorsen is talking shit, he will get fired after this year.  Mafia man won’t like his record after the season. 

25 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

image.thumb.png.bd6e8c796fe0f7831c6507e57d78b20c.png

Nothing says "tradition" like copying the uniform of the beloved NFL team that left over a quarter century ago. Cougar High is desperate to be noticed. And there's no way they would have pulled this while Bud Adams was still alive.

You are 100% correct, and… 

13 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

Nothing you said is incorrect but those unis are completely badass.

All of this, so much that fuck I wish I could cheer for those shitbagging cumstains. 

• Haha 2

i always liked uh.  they were like smu to me, but opposites.  one classed the placed up, the other slummed the place down.  uh is supercompetive and all sports - excellent baseball and basketball history, and pretty illustrious football history - first team to integrate, air raid, art bryles, tom herman, bill yeoman, jack pardee, john jenkins, major applewhite, klingler, keenum, ware.   notice how all those names are offense.   nor much known for a running attack.  uh threw the ball and scored a shit ton. 

i actually always liked and respected holgersen.  he's from the same school of offensive minds but he hasnt done well there, and not sure why he even left wv for uh.  what kind of move is that?  seemed odd then, and still does.  he doesnt seem popular with the players either.  that seems to be his problem.  he needs to not be a head coach, and be up in the booth calling plays.  

On 8/30/2023 at 4:00 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I don't want to hear anything about that garbage school. Don't tell me about their dumpster of a stadium. Don't tell me about their 5th choice student body. Don't tell me about the literal ghetto the school is located in. Don't tell me about the loser fans they have on this board like Iconoclast Texan. Don't tell me about their sweaty, stupid head coach. Just don't tell me anything about them.

We have to play them there this season. Robertson Stadium doesn't exist anymore. TDECU Stadium is their new stadium that they've had since 2014. 

tdecu-stadium.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

Also I was there for a few years for my undergrad before I changed majors. They tore down the shit dorms and finally put in descent housing for upperclassmen. 

As for the neighborhood, yes third ward is the hood, but has it's perks. Cheap housing, but it's also like Oak Cliff in Dallas; one area near campus has a bunch of half a million and million dollar homes and is peaceful. 

Food wise, don't sleep on those mom and pop owned places. Hood ass = good ass. Timmy Chan's is some hood Chinese food, but is outstanding! Also Navy Seafood just down the street from campus is good ass hood seafood. 

Student body is a fair-weather fan base where most kids wear UT, aggy, LSU and even Tech shirts over UH shirts. Also, unless they're a pre-med doing pharmacy or Optometry or are a hotel/restaurant management major or in engineering or architecture, most kids that aren't from the greater Houston area dip and transfer out after freshman year. UH is good at recruiting kids, but notorious for kids bailing. Trust me, I know this first hand. 

Cougar High is because it's a HUGE commuter school where most of the student body still lives at home. It's mainly made up of kids from Houston's area who are going to live in Houston for the rest of their lives. 40K undergrads, yet only about 8K max live on campus if that.

As for fans, they'll probably start to get more ticket holders now that they're in a "big boy" conference. Otherwise, they ain't got no fans. Most of the folks in H-Town don't give a fuck about the Cougars; they're a city that mostly focuses their attention on pro sports only. UH ain't got no fans.  

12 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

image.thumb.png.bd6e8c796fe0f7831c6507e57d78b20c.png

Nothing says "tradition" like copying the uniform of the beloved NFL team that left over a quarter century ago. Cougar High is desperate to be noticed. And there's no way they would have pulled this while Bud Adams was still alive.

Now Holgorsen just needs to come out dressed like Bum Phillips and they're set! 

bum.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, mycox said:

The Cougar High talk is back in the ~2010 era. UH has more dorm rooms than UT these days

I believe this is incorrect.....with the purchase of Dobie Texas has  9,907 beds and they are going to build about 750+ grad student units over near the baseball fields

UH is showing 8,397 beds in 2020 and I do not believe they have built any since then

that is also counting "partner projects" for UH which is private developers building and I believe UH housing managing them (which is a common arrangement for some state universities).....Texas has some similar things off campus, but I do not believe that UT housing has ever managed them for whatever reason (probably because the developers and Texas cannot agree on a pricing point that would make it "affordable" vs "market rates" even if Texas can get them to agree to a lower overall rate for the affiliation and probably for a shuttle bus hook up)

Edited by ButtFumble

13 hours ago, troph said:

You always respected Holgersen? He’s kind of a sleazy drunkard. I mean I guess he fits in here but he’s an ass’s ass. Primo dickface.

so was leach, bryles, gundy, riley, kingsbury, tressell, saban, meyer, and on and on.  most headcoaches are assholes.  what's that got to do with it?   i'm just saying he has a great football mind and any team would be improved if they had him in the booth.

An okie state alum friend of mine swore that Gundy hated Holgo and resented him being thrust on him as an OC. He also claimed that none of Gundy's mandatory meetings and time schedules applied to Holgo. He could come and go as he pleased and was frequently hungover on the rare occasion he made a pre-noon practice. Finally, he said he never had a home while in Stillwater. He rented a room at the Atherton to sleep in, but essentially lived at Eskimo Joe's and the dive bars near campus. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

An okie state alum friend of mine swore that Gundy hated Holgo and resented him being thrust on him as an OC. He also claimed that none of Gundy's mandatory meetings and time schedules applied to Holgo. He could come and go as he pleased and was frequently hungover on the rare occasion he made a pre-noon practice. Finally, he said he never had a home while in Stillwater. He rented a room at the Atherton to sleep in, but essentially lived at Eskimo Joe's and the dive bars near campus. 

There's not just Red Bull in that can 

holgorsen.jpg

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

so was leach, bryles, gundy, riley, kingsbury, tressell, saban, meyer, and on and on.  most headcoaches are assholes.  what's that got to do with it?   i'm just saying he has a great football mind and any team would be improved if they had him in the booth.

see below...

58 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

on person on your list is not like the others.  well two but Briles probably should be simply removed entirely.  it's like saying bobby knight was an asshole and so was tom penders. not the same league, different kind of asshole.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:09 AM, thrillhammer said:

We wouldn't

I have a friend who is not at all into college football, he stopped by a few weeks ago while UH was playing. They showed Holgerson on TV, and my friend, not even knowing he was the head coach, said "that guy looks disgusting. His hair is probably super greasy, like he's the kind of person who is constantly touching it."

Belly laughed at that accurate description.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Damn near 30 fucking years of these bitch losers crying about being "left out" of the Big 12, "Texas cartel" bullshit, basically the biggest game in their pathetic history, and their D-Average student base can't fart out of bed to fill even half of their babydick stadium. Look at this shit, absolutely fucking bush-league.

Screenshot_20230917_012243-2.png

Screenshot_20230917_012134.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

like many coaches his age, he failed to master the portal this pass offseason 

He is the same age as most coaches. 

He failed to master the portal because he can't recruit, period. I think he can coach offense well enough. He can't convince players to come play for him. He doesn't seem like the leader parents want leading their son. He's there because he's friends with the billionaire that backs UH. He had one very good season 2021,then a decent season in 2022. 2023 looks bleak. No players. 

If UH didn't find a way to escape the opener against a banged up Frank Harris that might already be all she wrote for Holgorsen. 

Three losses to in-state programs in UTSA, Rice, and TCU would be a god-awful look. My bet is Holgo would be gone if they were 0-3 with losses to those 3 teams. Now he might have a couple more weeks to prove himself. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

36 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If UH didn't find a way to escape the opener against a banged up Frank Harris that might already be all she wrote for Holgorsen. 

Three losses to in-state programs in UTSA, Rice, and TCU would be a god-awful look. My bet is Holgo would be gone if they were 0-3 with losses to those 3 teams. Now he might have a couple more weeks to prove himself. 

Nah. They just reupped when he won 12 games, then he won 8.

He'll say he didn't have a QB, get Tillman to buy him one, and win 8 next year. 

9 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Nah. They just reupped when he won 12 games, then he won 8.

He'll say he didn't have a QB, get Tillman to buy him one, and win 8 next year. 

Maybe but it's pretty obvious the Holgo experiment is on its last legs. This is where Houston ranks in FEI since Holgo was hired.

'23: #67 (will likely far even more after this weekend's result)

'22: #58

'21: #41 

'20: #66

'19: #66

Winning 8 games in the American doesn't say much. This is a bad, bad, bad program right now.