2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, I've seen umpires do this before in games I'm coaching after they have a second to think about a play. It's the good ones who never let their pride get in the way of making the right call in the end.

welp, so much for that? what the hell just happened?

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....WTF?

You know that over half your team isn't vaxxed (and thus is subject to the protocols).

You know that there's a "bug" going around your team.

And you just DGAF, and let them expose over half your team -- requiring isolation per the protocols that you knew about in step 1?

Jesus. What a dumbass.

I covered the ACC Tournament in Jacksonville several years back.  Avent struck me as a really likeable guy who was unfortunately about as bright as Ben McDonald.  

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

This series has exposed (once again) the need to douche the current umpire vetting process and get serious about providing quality umping in Omaha and NCAA Baseball overall.

well, the umps tried to make it right. it seems they were not allowed to do so.

What a terribly written rule:

image.png.dde147cd36010daf73d4f38c6411c302.png

So they were told from above that the note means that because the ball first touched the ground before the third baseman that conferencing to get that call right wasn't in the "Getting the Call Right" section. That is so clearly not the intent of this section of the rules.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneYouKnow said:

This home plate ump gives Kumar that last strike 3 but won't give this NCST pitcher half the pitches in the zone. I need to stop watching I'm getting upset 

Sounds like the Texas vs. _______________ game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Pimphand said:

So what are we rooting for here?

Vandy whistlers to get sent the fuck home ASAP or Vandy winning here to force another game tomorrow with the risk of them winning again?

I am rooting for NC State to use up Kumar Rocker, and maybe their weird team of pitchers playing 1B, backup Freshmen, and rarely used pitcher playing the game of his life winning. Because that would be hilarious.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I am rooting for NC State to use up Kumar Rocker, and maybe their weird team of pitchers playing 1B, backup Freshmen, and rarely used pitcher playing the game of his life winning. Because that would be hilarious.

me too

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, the umps tried to make it right. it seems they were not allowed to do so.

That is part of what needs addressing. But we know it won’t be. And I am not a proponent of changing the game. Just the obvious fail.

Edited by Wishbone