2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

19 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Dude, stop. No one worth a shit is questioning you. It's kinda late, everyone has had a few drinks. You don't have ta 'splain yourself. But...ya need to take a chill pill and give people some slack. You got to give a lot to get a little. I swear you are gonna have a cardiac incident. You're a good poster, but goddamn.

CHIEF

Sir, I am calm as a bomb. 

GOTJ went off the rails here. I was telling a story about the frailty of coaches “setting the tone” for culture change. He turned it into a research paper and concluded that I did, in fact, not attend the game in Vegas, did not watch it in entirety, and must to be a lying piece of shit to … checks notes … never have claimed either thing in the first place. And then he pulled the bookshelf on top of himself with some bizarre notion that there couldn’t have been footage of either the game or the aftermath because it’s not sufficiently available throughout YouTube. 

In any event, I enjoy the fights. I always assume that is self-evident. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

What kind of closeted queer shares a fucking hotel room with another man? Let me guess, y’all had one big king bed?

Just come out of the fucking closet dude. You’re in the trust tree here, it’s all good

How does a guy record his friend fucking some bar slut if not in the same room?

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

I wonder where he’d go? Anyone would take him. Haven’t heard rumors of him and Texas. And Texas is looking at the QB USC commit.

Would Texas take him if that means no arch?

I think I would. There’s no guarantee Arch will end up picking Texas and I believe Ewers has the stronger arm and is more accurate. Arch is a huge name that would bring a lot of recruits with him, though. I wouldn’t pass on whoever decided they want to jump on board first in that situation. 

8 hours ago, utexas8 said:

I wonder where he’d go? Anyone would take him. Haven’t heard rumors of him and Texas. And Texas is looking at the QB USC commit.

Would Texas take him if that means no arch?

He wouldn't effect Arch IMO due to reclassifying. He'd likely come in here and compete for starting job and could potentially win it as a RS fresh and his 3rd year out of high school would be his RS sophomore year which would be Arch's freshmen year. Arch would be allowed to redshirt which is probably in his best interest. The reclassification definitely doesn't hurt Arch now.

I firmly believe that if Arch's last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't be ranked anywhere near where he currently is judging by the games I've watched and his film. Ewers is the much better prospect IMO.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He wouldn't effect Arch IMO due to reclassifying. He'd likely come in here and compete for starting job and could potentially win it as a RS fresh and his 3rd year out of high school would be his RS sophomore year which would be Arch's freshmen year. Arch would be allowed to redshirt which is probably in his best interest. The reclassification definitely doesn't hurt Arch now.

I firmly believe that if Arch's last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't be ranked anywhere near where he currently is judging by the games I've watched and his film. Ewers is the much better prospect IMO.

Lulz

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

What kind of closeted queer shares a fucking hotel room with another man? Let me guess, y’all had one big king bed?

Just come out of the fucking closet dude. You’re in the trust tree here, it’s all good

Closedinthecloset, imo 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Arch is elite. His mechanics are clean and consistent, he's got easy arm strength, and he's got great genetics. His mind for the game is also advanced, which is just as important as the physical stuff. He's probably still a high 4 star without the name.

Ewers is a more physically talented and battle tested QB right now, but Arch isn't a Bronny type. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Assuming Ewers can get his head right, I agree he's the better prospect.  But right now all I'm hearing are echoes of Jeff George.

• Hook 'Em 2

So much angst for a kid who hasn't even hit the portal. Although I wonder if this is a cautionary tale for NIL if he does, in fact, transfer. It would be a crazy situation with Manning for Steve Lasso if he hits the portal though. 

Edited by Vertigo

Let’s all hope this thread gets hot this winter. Need minimum 2 WRs, 3 OLs, Ewers (lol), 2 edges, 1 LB and a safety. No problem right?

I’d take Ewers simply because he would be here next year instead of the year after like Arch. Ideally, I’d take both.
We have to take some kind of QB though, can’t roll into next year with this shit

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

We have to take some kind of QB though, can’t roll into next year with this shit

Casey’s deep ball, outside of his tendency to leave his feet, has improved dramatically, IMO. His ability to see the field, not so much. It was nice to see him scramble more today, though I thought he should have a few more times. If his receivers hadn’t had so many monumental fuckups, I don’t think we’re bitching too much about his play. Would definitely like an upgrade because I don’t think he has it mentally.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s hard to put much blame on Casey for yesterday’s loss given all the drops by the WR’s and breakdowns in protection. That having been said, there were a couple of times where better thrown balls wouldn’t have been as contested as they were, and I wonder if a few of those balls where Baylor DB’s broke late on the ball for PBU’s could have been zipped in there with a quicker release/stronger arm. 

I don’t think there’s much point in throwing Card in on the road in Ames against a good defense, but we need to figure out what we’ve got with Card and giving him the last three starts might make sense. 

Edited by Duane Moore

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

I really hope Majors gets much stronger this off season, or they may want to bring in a Center through the portal too. He was given the business yesterday by the NG (LSU transfer) 

There is an IOL in the portal who has 4 starts at C, but many posters don't want him because "he's a JAG." We wish our current OL were JAGs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

There is an IOL in the portal who has 4 starts at C, but many posters don't want him because "he's a JAG." We wish our current OL were JAGs.

He's had 2 hip and 2 knee surgeries and got beat out for Wisconsin's starting C spot. That's why people aren't that high on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He's had 2 hip and 2 knee surgeries and got beat out for Wisconsin's starting C spot. That's why people aren't that high on him.

You don't think he would be worth kicking the tires on and at least getting him in for a workout? Jake Majors is allegedly 310, but gets blown up like he's 50 lbs lighter. Not sure if Logan Parr is the answer. Ghirmai is definitely not.  

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

You don't think he would be worth kicking the tires on and at least getting him in for a workout? Jake Majors is allegedly 310, but gets blown up like he's 50 lbs lighter. Not sure if Logan Parr is the answer. Ghirmai is definitely not.  

I'd wait and see what else ends up in the portal.

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Are you going to want every OL that enters the portal? How about we wait and see if better options come available.

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Are you going to want every OL that enters the portal? 

At this moment, yes, absolutely.

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

How about we wait and see if better options come available.

This is probably the prudent thing to do, but I have my trepidation if this coaching staff will be late to the punch when it comes to repairing the roster in the offseason.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

No, he's worse than what we have 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)