2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

LOL. I wonder if this is what ultimately kills the bag game for high schoolers. Nothing stopping them from taking the bag and then jumping for another bag after a year or two.

It may take a few years, but with NIL I don't think there's any doubt that college football is about to have full-on free agency.

You could be right, but Eric Dickerson driving his aggy Trans Am to SMU didn't start a trend. Evans is just a shitbag.

I am curious how much tampering is actually going on with players on other rosters with the portal being what it is now. Clearly it is happening, or else Evans just spent all of his payday on hookers and blow and is seeking suitors for next season through his brother. 

Edited by Vertigo

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Evans is just a shitbag.

Yeah he's a real gem.  Behind the scenes at the North Shore HS playoff game where he didn't play because he wouldn't give up his cel phone to the coaches, he told his Mom to STFU because he was paying for her phone.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am curious how much tampering is actually going on with players on other rosters with the portal being what it is now. Clearly it is happening, or else Evans just spent all of his payday on hookers and blow and is seeking suitors for next season through his brother. 

No inside info but I would imagine there is basically unlimited tampering practically speaking

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The tampering is real, and Texas better be aware of it on both ends, or we're liable to lose some guys like Worthy. 

Evans has now established that he is talented at the college level. I imagine in his mind that confirms he can transfer wherever he wants and get more bags. I mean, it's the same mentality he displayed in HS. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

The tampering is real, and Texas better be aware of it on both ends, or we're liable to lose some guys like Worthy. 

Evans has now established that he is talented at the college level. I imagine in his mind that confirms he can transfer wherever he wants and get more bags. I mean, it's the same mentality he displayed in HS. 

Hasn't Worthy already used his transfer?

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Yeah.  My understanding is he can't transfer again without sitting out a year.

My understanding also. 1 no sit transfer. I'm sure he can transfer and sit but why would he with all the targets he gets. Bijan gets lots of love also. Who else on the roster is another team going to throw a bag at? 

56 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Bama WR Agiye Hall's Twitter activity is pretty interesting - a lot of Likes about leaving Bama, but the juicy part is multiple likes about Xavier Worthy and one about what he could do at UT

think there's some real baggage there, Hamilton was throwing water on the idea earlier this week saying the coaching staff shouldn't bother

4 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Yeah.  My understanding is he can't transfer again without sitting out a year.

isn't there a difference between being released from your NLI and a bonafide transfer? 

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Tons but you can’t snitch about it because you’d just be shooting yourself in the foot. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

think there's some real baggage there, Hamilton was throwing water on the idea earlier this week saying the coaching staff shouldn't bother

isn't there a difference between being released from your NLI and a bonafide transfer? 

247 shows him as a recruit and not a transfer. I know I have heard him referred to as a transfer on numerous occasions.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is your view that schools will offer one-time bags to transfers, or just guarantee big NIL deals?

As an example, I would think Worthy will be making 6-figures per year easily here going forward which is more than a traditional bag. So to really entice someone like him you probably gotta guarantee a lot more than the usual.

5 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Well they wanted him at Bama so I'd imagine they're ok with whatever it is. Who knows though. 

And yeah technically I don't think Worthy was a transfer. 

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Is your view that schools will offer one-time bags to transfers, or just guarantee big NIL deals?

As an example, I would think Worthy will be making 6-figures per year easily here going forward which is more than a traditional bag. So to really entice someone like him you probably gotta guarantee a lot more than the usual.

I mean, I'm sure it's both, but my head was focused more on big NIL deals. But I don't think paying a player enough to sit a year is a non-starter either.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I'm sure it's both, but my head was focused more on big NIL deals. But I don't think paying a player enough to sit a year is a non-starter either.

Yeah so literally under-the-table free agency. "We'll get you $x per year to come here" just like a salary.

I guess the best way to defend that is just to help get our guys big deals while they're here

15 hours ago, quigley said:

OU got good run from Robert Congel this year.
He's a guy who (I think)
initially walked on at A&M, and then played some there
then transferred to a terrible Arizona team, played a lot there
then portaled OU and started 3 games at center.

Low ceiling, medium floor
Good take, one year rental

OU's also seems to be benefiting from taking Wanya Morris
Top 100 recruit from Tennessee
Portaled to OU this year and has played in most games until Kansas
High ceiling, low floor
Will be in the mix to start at OT for what should be a good OU OL next year.
Good take, 2-3 year player

This is like

The worst poem

I've ever read

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

On 10/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, westexhorn said:

supposedly he got passed up by a 2 year younger player and never lived up to his potential.  do we take him still? i guess better to take a chance and add some bodies to compete than what we have now.

He’s prob better than 90% of what we have 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Maybe pissed that Fat Gare won't give him 35 carries a game?

Fat Gare would love to give him 35 carries. Evans however prob would not like 35 carries.

Dude is a talented cancer. He only cares about himself. Any team bidding for him probably knows what they are going to get from him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hypothetically, if Ewers were to hit the portal and pick Texas, would we have a chance at getting both Arch and Ewers since they’re now two years apart, or would it seal the deal for Manning to Georgia/Bama? I could see, in a perfect scenario, Ewers coming here for two years then going to the NFL, which would still leave an opportunity for Arch to start after 2023.  

Edited by TXRed

2 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Hypothetically, if Ewers were to hit the portal and pick Texas, would we have a chance at getting both Arch and Ewers since they’re now two years apart, or would it seal the deal for Manning to Georgia/Bama? I could see Ewers coming here for two years then going to the NFL, which would still leave an opportunity for Arch to start after 2023.  

If Adriana Lima wants to come have sex with me every night, but then Elle MacPherson and Heidi Klum decide that they want to come double-team me twice a day, but only if I promise to kick Adriana to the curb, then I guess I gotta break up with Adriana. 

(since we're dreaming up unlikely scenarios at this point...)

• Haha 1

We’re in the transfer portal thread in October, pretty much every scenario discussed in here right now is unlikely. I was just wondering how having an alpha QB like Ewers already on the roster would affect the recruitment of Manning.

2 minutes ago, TXRed said:

We’re in the transfer portal thread in October, pretty much every scenario discussed in here right now is unlikely. I was just wondering how having an alpha QB like Ewers already on the roster would affect the recruitment of Manning.

Poorly. It would affect the recruitment of Manning poorly. But you already knew that. You just wanted to do some wishcasting.

Doubt anything is happening now but I think the chance of Ewers in the portal eventually is actually pretty real. He's #4 on the depth chart and #2 is a 5-star in the same class who's looked good when he's played. Ewers ain't gonna wait 3 more years if he can't pass McCord soon. Idk how his NIL stuff plays in I guess.

If we're playing fairy tale, it wouldn't help but may not totally kill our chances with Arch. With 2 years of separation, Arch could take one redshirt year and then be the starter. Plus, our Arch competition has studs to compete with / wait behind too. If anything, just levels the field on that criteria. Ultimately, bird in the hand > bird in the bush though so you'd have to try to get him regardless.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

If Adriana Lima wants to come have sex with me every night, but then Elle MacPherson and Heidi Klum decide that they want to come double-team me twice a day, but only if I promise to kick Adriana to the curb, then I guess I gotta break up with Adriana. 

(since we're dreaming up unlikely scenarios at this point...)

5s1jwk.gif

• Haha 1
  • Drool 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)