2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

22 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

QB and OL would be my biggest priorities. Buy we need to hit up the portal for a bunch of impact players.

Oline, d-line, WR in that order, and then get more O-line, D-line, WRs,  and after that is done get some more O-line, WRs, dline.  Then look at LB and QBs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The most important position on the team in terms of consistent success is the QB position. When we had Colt McCoy behind shitty OL's Texas still went 25-2.

We likely don't have a QB currently on our roster that would be considered top half of the current Big 12 and that is saying something because the QB play in the conference is way down.

I agree that we need to fix multiple holes in our lineup, but you absolutely need to address the most glaring hole on the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The most important position on the team in terms of consistent success is the QB position. When we had Colt McCoy behind shitty OL's Texas still went 25-2.

We likely don't have a QB currently on our roster that would be considered top half of the current Big 12 and that is saying something because the QB play in the conference is way down.

I agree that we need to fix multiple holes in our lineup, but you absolutely need to address the most glaring hole on the team.

I just think it's too early to start taking a guy like the Wisconsin dude. I think better quality will present itself after the season.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Oline, d-line, WR in that order, and then get more O-line, D-line, WRs,  and after that is done get some more O-line, WRs, dline.  Then look at LB and QBs

I think if the class holds up as of now, interior DL will be solid.  I feel we still need a DE/OLB that can rush the pocket without creating a 5 yard lane for a scramble or late handoff.  Excited for the (hopefully) '22 edge rushers who will be here in June.

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

We need a QB that can hit a wide open Worthy with no one within 10 yards of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

What’s the bet?  I’m on a flight so I may not be able to answer immediately.   I need a trustworthy surlisian to hold the purse 

The bet is that there isn't a QB currently on campus that will be starting for Texas next year, barring injury to whoever is the starter, which would nullify the bet. Day one starter for the Louisiana Monroe game. I'll go with $500-$1000 if you're game. I don't know your age or career path, so if that's not a fair amount for where you're at, just pick a lower number that works. I'm not trying to be a bully about it and a bet will make it fun. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The bet is that there isn't a QB currently on campus that will be starting for Texas next year, barring injury to whoever is the starter, which would nullify the bet. Day one starter for the Louisiana Monroe game. I'll go with $500-$1000 if you're game. I don't know your age or career path, so if that's not a fair amount for where you're at, just pick a lower number that works. I'm not trying to be a bully about it and a bet will make it fun. 

I mean/ why suggest $500-$1000?  If you are going to suggest a totally and completely inconsequential amount of money you might as well go Duke brothers and bet $1.00

my goodness I hope that you are correct btw. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean/ why suggest $500-$1000?  If you are going to suggest a totally and completely inconsequential amount of money you might as well go Duke brothers and bet $1.00

my goodness I hope that you are correct btw. 

Listen, I would murder every single person on this board for $500. I'd murder you and several others twice for $1k. That range is still plenty fine to chase in my world.

• Haha 5

How much would it take for you to murder Sydney?  
how about What about Buck?

I like our bet that is going to require you to write a love letter to Tom Herman spring of 23. 
hopefully sark isn’t so bad by then people will take it for truth. Even if it’s trending that way. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, I would murder every single person on this board for $500. I'd murder you and several others twice for $1k. That range is still plenty fine to chase in my world.

While our QBs certainly suck, a strong running game led by the OL (not the rbs) and time to throw would make a big difference. I would assume we have feelers out for both, but I so want our OL problems to go away. We have more problems than successes on O. We have 1 WR, some okay TEs, and a running back.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

How much would it take for you to murder Sydney?  
how about What about Buck?

I like our bet that is going to require you to write a love letter to Tom Herman spring of 23. 
hopefully sark isn’t so bad by then people will take it for truth. Even if it’s trending that way. 

I would murder either of those guys for free. You need to keep sharpening your pencil regarding spring games in two years. It's happening.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm putting together a list of posters that I'm pretty sure have $1k stuffed in their matresses.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would murder either of those guys for free. You need to keep sharpening your pencil regarding spring games in two years. It's happening.

I’m just saying that I won’t stand in your way of free murder. I can even give you a bullshit alibi for Buck. 
it gets easier by the day to miss Tom Herman damn it. 

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We need a QB that can hit a wide open Worthy with no one within 10 yards of him.

Card and Casey could, if they could gain confidence in the line.  Since they have the appropriate level of confidence and no coaching on footwork,  it seems they cannot.  

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

So does the Tennessee guy Harrison Bailey. The QB talent in the portal sucks right now.

Right now Texas has one Guy that could only win the the Texas Longhorn Long Pass Competition if Case McCoy was the only other entrant. 

The other one is Adonis in shorts, but maybe a deer in headlights. 

Literally the only reason I would like  to see Card start the last 3 games, is for Sark to judge how much effort he needs to put into finding a QB in the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Right now Texas has one Guy that could only win the the Texas Longhorn Long Pass Competition if Case McCoy was the only other entrant. 

The other one is Adonis in shorts, but maybe a deer in headlights. 

Literally the only reason I would like  to see Card start the last 3 games, is for Sark to judge how much effort he needs to put into finding a QB in the portal. 

EA645AD1-11D7-435D-B557-3C0682C49736.gif

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And just to be clear - are you saying that barring injury, none of Casey, Card, Wright, or Lourd will be the starting qb for the ULM game? Or at any point in the season none of them will start a game?

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Card and Casey could, if they could gain confidence in the line.  Since they have the appropriate level of confidence and no coaching on footwork,  it seems they cannot.  

Casey is a JAG. He's a poor man's Applewhite, but with less feel for the position. The OL is an issue, but it's not the reason Casey sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I'd suggest betting a thumbdrive full of crypto, and let immamac keep the keys. That way you can watch your money grow, and then when the bet resolves, immamac can send the keys to the winner. 

Or just hand the thumbdrive to whichever recruit y'all deem appropriate.

They should bet their wives. I'll hold them in escrow until the winner is determined.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

1k works. Ok. I think our game 1 starter for 2022 is on Campus. Cut and dry right?  If he gets usurped in game three you still lose. Deal?

1 hour ago, immamac said:

can you guys please clarify your murder as like "murder with words" or something - this page would look awful suspicions if there was a bunch of dead surly posters in the next few months lol

I can escrow the bet as well if we want to go that route. 

I’m in for 1000 but only because it’s not possible to escrow 1 years worth of McRibs which is well over 1000 in monetary value

Edited by closetohumping
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)