What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

17 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Houston sending their lowlifes to Austin area to thieve people.

The driver suspect was shot in the mouth. The other suspect took a Lyft from Cedar Park back to Houston. Paid all that money and still got arrested.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/cedar-park/cedar-park-police-bank-jugging-victim-went-after-shot-suspect/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Cedar Park police said a man who had money stolen in a “jugging” situation took it upon himself to follow the suspect and it led to a shooting.

Jugging, according to previous KXAN reporting, happens when a suspect watches a victim withdraw money, then follows them to another location and steals it from them.

What is ‘jugging’? Austin police see uptick in cases

That’s what Cedar Park police said happened Monday, when a man withdrew cash from a bank near Ranch to Market Road 1431 and U.S. Highway 183, then went to a gas station in Lago Vista, where he said someone broke his car window while he was inside.

Police got a call from a man at 4:10 p.m., telling them he was “following a car who had just stolen money from him and was trying to stop the car.” At that time, he was near South Lakeline Boulevard and Cypress Creek Road.

Police said the man pulled in front of the car he believed the suspects were driving, saw they had a gun, and pulled out his own gun and fired. It hit the driver of the suspect car in the mouth, police said. The man fired again, and the other car drove off.

Police said soon after, a man who had been shot showed up at a nearby hospital. Around 5:30 p.m., police tweeted about “a disturbance where possible shots were fired,” and asked people to be on the lookout for a man in his early 20s last seen walking in the area. Police believe the passenger in the car walked away, then grabbed a Lyft to Houston.

“The Houston Violent Crimes Task Force arranged for a takedown of the Lyft vehicle in Houston and were able to stop, identify, and detain the other male suspect and recover the money,” Cedar Park police wrote in a release.

Police have not released the identities of anyone involved in the case and said it was still being investigated.

What idiot leaves his cash in his car ?

Dumbass.

21 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Police said the man pulled in front of the car he believed the suspects were driving, saw they had a gun, and pulled out his own gun and fired. It hit the driver of the suspect car in the mouth, police said. The man fired again, and the other car drove off.

In the mouth?  Dude was not fucking around.  Curious what kind of money we are talking. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a "Back the Blue" rah-rah guy, but I probably am more pro-law enforcement than most of the CR folks.  Stems from having two family members who were cops.  I was skeptical of the DPS in-fill of APD by the state government.  But I eventually came around.  The crime rates are about what they've been since our city exploded about 25 years ago.  Right thinks we're living in a hellscape of rape and murder, left thinks we're the idyllic utopia the rest of Texas should emulate.  Facts are we're about one of the safest big cities around the country, but lots and lots of low-level crimes are going with no arrest, no investigation, no effort.  Particularly around homeless communities and entertainment districts.  So I came around on DPS helping out because of this.  

I believe they can help with beat patrols, drugs, and the like, while APD resources can be freed up to work robbery, assault, homeless, etc. 

We are not breaking down centuries of local control for a fucking goddamn sorority girl's brakelight you fucking asshats!  You're not gutting the structure of law enforcement because of the smell of marijuana, or a rolling stop, or loud music after 10:00pm.  You were brought in to backfill and assist with important shit, the shit your boss claims is running rampant on every street corner.  So stand a post and quit telling people to get to Pep Boys with that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'm not a "Back the Blue" rah-rah guy, but I probably am more pro-law enforcement than most of the CR folks.  Stems from having two family members who were cops.  I was skeptical of the DPS in-fill of APD by the state government.  But I eventually came around.  The crime rates are about what they've been since our city exploded about 25 years ago.  Right thinks we're living in a hellscape of rape and murder, left thinks we're the idyllic utopia the rest of Texas should emulate.  Facts are we're about one of the safest big cities around the country, but lots and lots of low-level crimes are going with no arrest, no investigation, no effort.  Particularly around homeless communities and entertainment districts.  So I came around on DPS helping out because of this.  

I believe they can help with beat patrols, drugs, and the like, while APD resources can be freed up to work robbery, assault, homeless, etc. 

We are not breaking down centuries of local control for a fucking goddamn sorority girl's brakelight you fucking asshats!  You're not gutting the structure of law enforcement because of the smell of marijuana, or a rolling stop, or loud music after 10:00pm.  You were brought in to backfill and assist with important shit, the shit your boss claims is running rampant on every street corner.  So stand a post and quit telling people to get to Pep Boys with that shit. 

We’ve got some issues in Austin. I really want to respect the police but this is consistent with every cop I have known or encountered.  The police are populated with either former military types who think they are still in Iraq or those who probably were good people when they started but have become something else because the job really is shit. 
I have never encountered one professionally, socially or otherwise that I haven’t walked away from the conversation thinking that they were an asshole or had a screw loose. 
Go by Rudy’s on Lamar in the morning and listen to their conversations and look at all the tactical gear they are wearing around their beer bellies. It’s amazing that they can balance themselves to walk.  Oh, and the entitlement they feel from businesses to get free stuff is pretty amazing. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Reading the thread, Abbott / dps can suck a dick 

I think Abbott is going full Broken Windows theory. The local leaders are speaking out against racial profiling but DPS responds to Abbott so they don't give a fuck about public perceptions with local minority leaders.

Yeah, local minority leaders barely get the ear of APD...I didn't think DPS would pay them any mind.  

But this is a moment for DPS officers to show their grit and gravitas, and they open with this kinda limp-wristed shit?  

It's like your regular strength ass has to move, and you can't do it alone.  And you ask your muscle-head friend to help you in exchange for beer, pizza, and gas money.  So he obliges comes over, sees 4 rooms filled with furniture.  Packs a box up and labels it "Books", and then sits on your couch watching sportscenter the rest of the moving day.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

what a horrible situation in Austin ….

I mean DPS was dumb but having a bad brake light is a completely normal traffic stop and if they smelled weed then searching the car is standard operating procedure. It appears they found trace amounts of marijuana so the citation was likely warranted.

If it got thrown out for not properly conducting the search or testing the ‘substance’ then the girl is really lucky they were incompetent.

I don’t see why this a noteworthy issue. If you don’t like marijuana being illegal then call your congressmen, donate and vote for reform. But until then the law is the law no use bitching about the enforcement of it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I mean DPS was dumb but having a bad brake light is a completely normal traffic stop and if they smelled weed then searching the car is standard operating procedure. It appears they found trace amounts of marijuana so the citation was likely warranted.

If it got thrown out for not properly conducting the search or testing the ‘substance’ then the girl is really lucky they were incompetent.

I don’t see why this a noteworthy issue. If you don’t like marijuana being illegal then call your congressmen, donate and vote for reform. But until then the law is the law no use bitching about the enforcement of it.

light was working but not bright enough, is how I read that 

And yes, we're aware that marijuana is still illegal in Texas (though I thought there was some kinda catch 'n release for really small amounts in Austin, could be wrong).  

Technically DPS followed procedure, ain't nobody got issue with that.  What's just funny is this "Austin is a crime-ridden hell scape, APD is helpless, won't somebody think of the children and stop roving gangs of Antifa and people lacing our children's lunch with fentanyl" rant from the Law & Order crowd.  Then DPS guts legal precedent to show up and do low-level, rookie cop bullshit like brake lights and a half joint?  I mean, you wanna jump on in and help solve our homicide rates or dead bodies in Town Lake, let's rock 'n roll.  We don't need your massive budget and sharp uniforms to determine brake light illumination levels.  I can get a guy from AutoZone to do that and he doesn't need an M-16 and K-9 unit to do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Less than 2oz of Marijuana isn't functionally illegal in Travis county. It will be immediately dismissed by the DA. DPS is just wasting everyone's time here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I think the point is that this type of crap is not what Austin needs help with. I’d much rather them be at least busting up all the graffiti than hassling people for traffic violations.  

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

I think the point is that this type of crap is not what Austin needs help with. I’d much rather them be at least busting up all the graffiti than hassling people for traffic violations.  

I mean, this along with protecting the capital is pretty much all DPS does, right?

38 minutes ago, texasdago said:

All four squad cars 

Yeah man, Abbott's got 'em working in shifts.  

This flex was sold to us as like the U.S. troop surge in Iraq.  And then they show up and it's a buncha MP's checking footlockers for booze.  

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

I think their point/goal is utilizing state troopers (and maybe even complicit APD officers) to issue citations that our DA won’t prosecute. They’ll use these stops for arguments/evidence at the legislature to “reign in rogue DA’s” with bullshit bills….which they’re trying to push through.

This isn’t about the tail light. Or the weed.  It’s about the politics in my opinion. 

And you’re right. We don’t need nor want help with those particular issues. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Agreed, it’s about setting up for a state takeover of APD or the DAs office.  Just like they took over Houston ISD.

And it’s not because they want to help or they would do things that help.  They want to own the libs and score points.  

Edited by TexasEd

16 hours ago, Jester said:

I think their point/goal is utilizing state troopers (and maybe even complicit APD officers) to issue citations that our DA won’t prosecute. They’ll use these stops for arguments/evidence at the legislature to “reign in rogue DA’s” with bullshit bills….which they’re trying to push through.

This isn’t about the tail light. Or the weed.  It’s about the politics in my opinion. 

And you’re right. We don’t need nor want help with those particular issues. 

Okay - but APD and the DA were legitimately sucking at their jobs either way. Of course we don't need help with weed citations and minor traffic violations. We do need help with property crime and public safety - whether it's the increase in violent crime or legitimately dangerous traffic violations like reckless driving and DWI. 

The DPS mouthbreather takeover doesn't appear to be the solution but there needs to be solution at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Okay - but APD and the DA were legitimately sucking at their jobs either way. Of course we don't need help with weed citations and minor traffic violations. We do need help with property crime and public safety - whether it's the increase in violent crime or legitimately dangerous traffic violations like reckless driving and DWI. 

DPS should take over drunk driving enforcement as that unit of APD got sliced a couple years ago. 

Tapeworm piece-of-shit DA. I do understand this animal was told he wouldn't get a lollipop when leaving court. So there, take that. 

Dude should have his fucking nuts severed.

AUSTIN, Texas - Tuesday, Antonio Cordero-Rios was sentenced to 10 years probation for aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury and injury to a child. 

His victims packed the courtroom after waiting years for this day.

"Your sentence is too lenient. You got off easy for what you did. I have heard no remorse from you. I have heard no apology," said Lynn Isaak, a victim.

On June 30, 2021, Isaak became the first of 10 victims. She spoke after her perpetrator’s sentence was read.

"You are a monster, and I don’t forgive you for what you did to me," she said.

That day, Isaak was attacked while on a run by a stranger in a mask. Her Apple Watch captured the chase and struggle which lasted seven minutes. After being told by police it would be tough to find the person who did it, Isaak went on Nextdoor and found out other women had encountered the suspect.

"While you were hiding, all your victims were piecing together the clues to find you. In the end, it was you who helped us," said Lynn.

Those victims were able to piece together the make and model of the car as well as the license plate. They even created a map of where all the incidents happened. These efforts eventually lead to Cordero-Rio's arrest.

"This, in my opinion, is such an incredible story as women in our community coming together, using social media in a way that's positive," said Kelsey McKay, victims' attorney/founder of Respond Against Violence.

Even though Isaak was the only victim who spoke out, the other victims were right there in support. 

"We were very lucky to come together and bring all the women together to support each other," said Lynn.

On top of 10 years of probation, the judge announced Cordero-Rios must stay away from all victims and children and register as a sex offender.

Cordero-Rios’s attorney, Jorge Vela, told FOX 7 his client felt remorse for what he did.

"My client, in pleading guilty, recognizes his actions," Vela told the news station. "He’s accepting responsibility."

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Tapeworm piece-of-shit DA. I do understand this animal was told he wouldn't get a lollipop when leaving court. So there, take that. 

Dude should have his fucking nuts severed.

AUSTIN, Texas - Tuesday, Antonio Cordero-Rios was sentenced to 10 years probation for aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury and injury to a child. 

His victims packed the courtroom after waiting years for this day.

"Your sentence is too lenient. You got off easy for what you did. I have heard no remorse from you. I have heard no apology," said Lynn Isaak, a victim.

On June 30, 2021, Isaak became the first of 10 victims. She spoke after her perpetrator’s sentence was read.

"You are a monster, and I don’t forgive you for what you did to me," she said.

That day, Isaak was attacked while on a run by a stranger in a mask. Her Apple Watch captured the chase and struggle which lasted seven minutes. After being told by police it would be tough to find the person who did it, Isaak went on Nextdoor and found out other women had encountered the suspect.

"While you were hiding, all your victims were piecing together the clues to find you. In the end, it was you who helped us," said Lynn.

Those victims were able to piece together the make and model of the car as well as the license plate. They even created a map of where all the incidents happened. These efforts eventually lead to Cordero-Rio's arrest.

"This, in my opinion, is such an incredible story as women in our community coming together, using social media in a way that's positive," said Kelsey McKay, victims' attorney/founder of Respond Against Violence.

Even though Isaak was the only victim who spoke out, the other victims were right there in support. 

"We were very lucky to come together and bring all the women together to support each other," said Lynn.

On top of 10 years of probation, the judge announced Cordero-Rios must stay away from all victims and children and register as a sex offender.

Cordero-Rios’s attorney, Jorge Vela, told FOX 7 his client felt remorse for what he did.

"My client, in pleading guilty, recognizes his actions," Vela told the news station. "He’s accepting responsibility."

Fuck this town.  Damn.

• Hook 'Em 1

JP4 map touches the triangle of I35, 71 and 183 it appears?

35 has the most fatalities every year in Austin, but don’t know fatality stats for 71/183 East of 35 compared to 290, Mopac, Research etc. 

List of traffic fatality locations for 2023

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-traffic-fatality-map-2023/amp/

Edited by ChickenSandwich

• 2 weeks later...