Tim Beck Thread

OU Sucks

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Beck is not really the problem. He is in no way the solution either, unfortunately. 

There is nothing wrong with Beck.

We finally have a line that can block and running backs that can run.

Everyone wants to bitch about play calling because it is what fans do......and 99% of them have no idea what they are talking about.

I maintain Tim Beck is a cyborg and he just went in the "hospital" for a systems upgrade... Prepare to witness the greatness of Tim Beck 2.0

Added features/changes:

• 2 running backs allowed to exist in backfield on same play
  • middle of the field now accessible
  • C Johnson and LJH allowed to get open and no longer limited to 50/50 catch attempts
  • RB screen plays to the sides unlocked
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Post game press conference made it sounds like osteomyelitis or septic arthritis.  To paraphrase, he had a bacterial infection on his elbow that he tried to tough out, ended up spiking a fever, needed IV antibiotics plus a surgical wash out

Note to self:

Don’t go elbows deep on some Beck haters Mom.

I maintain Tim Beck is a cyborg and he just went in the "hospital" for a systems upgrade... Prepare to witness the greatness of Tim Beck 2.0
Added features/changes:
  • 2 running backs allowed to exist in backfield on same play
  • middle of the field now accessible
  • C Johnson and LJH allowed to get open and no longer limited to 50/50 catch attempts
  • RB screen plays to the sides unlocked

I think it must be a state constitutional amendment that we aren’t allowed to run screen passes.

“Elbow” infection:

1) in the true joint is uncommon and usually associated with some chronic disease predisposing to infections (diabetes, rheumatoid/psoriatic arthritis on biologic, etc).

2) in the front of the elbow (antecubital fossa) is usually from shooting up.

There are exceptions, and I have zero personal knowledge specific to his case except what I’ve read here.

5 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

There is nothing wrong with Beck.

We finally have a line that can block and running backs that can run.

Everyone wants to bitch about play calling because it is what fans do......and 99% of them have no idea what they are talking about.

Did Beck hack this account while he was in the hospital?

Glad Coach Beck out of hospital.....

Like Beck as a man and a recruiter, but my fear is that he truly is the classic example of  a "Peter Principle" type of guy.

Just finished watching Orlando & Hand's Coordinator Press Conferences from today and their confidence and competence is just so much better in a press conference setting than Beck's...... They demonstrated much better leadership qualities than Coach Beck does during his press conferences.

Probably safe to say that the same amount of confidence & competence also shows up in the Coaching Rooms with the players of Orlando & Hand.

Last year we kept complaining about how repetitive and predictable the QB draw we kept running was. Especially since it kept getting stuffed.

This year? blOU had no goddamn idea how to stop it. Three TDs, all run the same way, came from that formation. 

Edited by satyanash

I don't know if it was Beck or The Committee but the offense showed some very nice concepts yesterday that we hadn't seen before.  In particular the jump pass from LJH in the Wildcat formation and the RPO applied to the reverse where LJH hits a wide open Sam in the right flat.  That wildcat jump pass is going to go for big yards against a short-yardage defense on a longer field. 

The play design on the wheel route to Watson was also notably good.  Both of our big play WRs were lined up playside and cleared out the DBs while pulling the safety towards the middle of the field.  LJ runs a crossing route and CJ goes on a slant to occupy the safety.  That leaves Watson isolated on a LB who is sprinting towards the sideline to cover the wide open flat.  Watson has both a speed and angle advantage when he turns upfield. 

Congrats to Tom Herman, Tim Beck and whoever else was on the headset for the play calling and play design against OU.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

I don't know if it was Beck or The Committee but the offense showed some very nice concepts yesterday that we hadn't seen before.  In particular the jump pass from LJH in the Wildcat formation and the RPO applied to the reverse where LJH hits a wide open Sam in the right flat.  That wildcat jump pass is going to go for big yards against a short-yardage defense on a longer field. 

The play design on the wheel route to Watson was also notably good.  Both of our big play WRs were lined up playside and cleared out the DBs while pulling the safety towards the middle of the field.  LJ runs a crossing route and CJ goes on a slant to occupy the safety.  That leaves Watson isolated on a LB who is sprinting towards the sideline to cover the wide open flat.  Watson has both a speed and angle advantage when he turns upfield. 

Congrats to Tom Herman, Tim Beck and whoever else was on the headset for the play calling and play design against OU.

Are you the sushihorn who used to post about the economy, navy stuff, etc some years ago?

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Yes.  I quit posting on Shaggy about 5 years ago.  Bigups told me they've cleaned up a lot of stuff on this new site and I should give it a try.

Welcome back. While I didnt always agree with everything you posted, I usually learned something.

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Yes.  I quit posting on Shaggy about 5 years ago.  Bigups told me they've cleaned up a lot of stuff on this new site and I should give it a try.

Good to have you back. Stay away from the politics forum. It’s a cesspool.

• Like 1

SIAP, but kansas’ SB Nation site is maintaining a tracker of potential candidates, and guess who is on the list...

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2018/10/10/17958396/kansas-jayhawks-football-tracking-potential-head-coach-candidates-for-ku-football-week-5

Please let this happen. My body is ready.

(in all seriousness, we don’t know he wouldn’t be a (Kansas) good head coach)