Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

A&M has had good coaches before, but their careers died, they were investigated by the NCCA, or they leapt to a better job. They got Jimbo Fisher after he peaked, and everybody knew it except the brilliant negotiators at Texas A&M University in Texas, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band.

Anybody who doesn't get a deal like Jimbo will either leave or crash. Traylor seems to be an extraordinary coach. If her were to take the A&M job and win the conference, do you think he wouldn't be more interested in a job at Alabama, LSU, or Texas? RC, Sherman, and Fran would have been happy coaching there for eternity but not many others.

Also, I don't care where Traylor coaches just like I don't care much about recruits choosing schools we play rather than going to Europe or something. He may improve A&M to being a national contender (doubtful due to DNA), so we get a better game every year. 

I think we are on a great track right now. I don't envy anybody.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, cafe society said:

Deion is not going to ATM.  I would think that after Elko they would pursue Mullen.

I was thinking of this very thing the other day.  He doesnt like to recruit, but he doesnt have to there.  They will money whip kids to come, and he really is a good coach or at least has been at his last three stops including Florida. 

11 hours ago, cafe society said:

If Saban retires soon, that's who I think they will pursue.

That would be interesting to watch. I'm not sure he'd want to do that to Oklahoma and be in the same conference, but it would be interesting to watch how much of a retread his is this long out of the game. 

I'd put bigger stock in him taking over his alma matter , have to imagine Kirk is close to hanging it up there 

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mullen has already made a lot of money. He talked last spring on XM84 about enjoying not coaching and looking forward to being a studio analyst. Maybe that is all bullshit, but if there is even an ounce of truth to it, how the fuck is he going to look at the mess that is the ATM football program and think "yeah, let me get in there!"? I honestly wonder how any coach worth a shit would. They're all egomaniacs, so of course someone would be all over it, but it really does look like a place where careers go to die. 

It really is fascinating to witness the whipsaw these morons have worked themselves through in just one week. They went from, in virtual unison, bleating that Texas wasn't going to know what hit it in Tuscaloosa and that a title-contending Alabama team was going to tear this Texas team limb from limb on national tv to now declaring, with absolute certainty, that this is the worst Alabama team since 2007 and Texas still isn't ready for the real SEC.

Reality is stranger than fiction. I don't think this shit could be made up. 

Texas being not good is an anchor point to their alternate reality. It can’t change, so the fantasy world has to change around it. So Alabama had to go from really good to pretty bad on a span of 3 hours. 

another tent pole for them is how terrible we are as fans, co-workers, students, and people in general. Makes it easier to claim moral superiority for themselves when they cast us as such. 

• Hook 'Em 7

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

F6E6mdlXYAAFRBA?format=webp&name=mediumF6E6mqjXEAAZ7Ib?format=webp&name=mediumF6E6m5qXsAAACbW?format=webp&name=mediumF6E6nGlXsAAqnGA?format=webp&name=mediumF6E6ndzX0AANj4j?format=webp&name=largeF6E8z2hWgAAXfRo?format=webp&name=small

Here it is, folks. The time honored "Now is the time to rally around this team, and if you do'nt rally around this team you're not a good Ag!" Fucking clockword. 

You know how needs to be here to appreciate this moment? @Bruh Man

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It happened at FSU. I don't honestly remember much about it, but I am sure it is out there somewhere online. @TBGFL, if he's around right now, might have details. 

Looks like the actual good video has been made private:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

There is always a tinge of guilt inside me when I read this thread. What is the point of dunking on these hopeless retards day-in, day-out? Their existence itself is comedy come alive. What benefit is it to me if these mental midgets beclown themselves on the regular? 

But no! It does serve a very valuable lesson. It is an antidote to today's world of propaganda, gaslighting, lies and blind devotion to party/person (no CR). It is a reminder of what a life inside an ideological bubble looks like, how the cult processes events outside it and what the markers of groupthink are. Oh well!

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

There is always a tinge of guilt inside me when I read this thread. What is the point of dunking on these hopeless retards day-in, day-out? Their existence itself is comedy come alive. What benefit is it to me if these mental midgets beclown themselves on the regular? 

But no! It does serve a very valuable lesson. It is an antidote to today's world of propaganda, gaslighting, lies and blind devotion to party/person (no CR). It is a reminder of what a life inside an ideological bubble looks like, how the cult processes events outside it and what the markers of groupthink are. Oh well!

No one dunks on UTEP. Because UTEP people aren't fucking loud-mouthed, obnoxious, mentally ill dickslaps who's whole idenity in life is a degree from fucking UTEP. When I no longer have guys pull up at a stoplight next to me and scream WHOOP and give me the horns down for having the temerity to follow traffic laws while having an alumni license plate frame, then maybe I'll stop dunking on those stupid, fat, opposable thumb lacking shitpiles. But what I won't do is hold my breath. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.e3951198520a60ecf61beefac9d3957c.png

Wheelhouse! Nobody, no-bod-ee, wins at losing better than the dear old Texas Aggies. They're walking algorithms constantly misprocessing information so that their losses make them better than other teams who have worse losses. Hell, the losses may as well be wins!

I've seen the Aggies claim they were better than Texas after losing to Texas based on common opponent scores.

Kings of Losing. Welcome to the party, Fla, Clem, LSU, TCU, and Bama!

image.png.ce09231fcef4105b4a2c806d6a057be0.png

1 What? Why haven't I heard about this?

2 Nobody here wants that. Winning our conference and going to the playoff is not enough. How the Aggies will laugh at us for having a better year than they've had since things were trending Hitler's way.

Same idiot:

image.png.1a77792d84a223633f8eef04f54879ea.png

We see another Aggie myth in the making. Should Alabama decline starting this season, it will be because the Aggies beat them 2 years ago. Like the moon, they control The Tide.

image.png.6a8459ab5124fa089300d131079d12b7.png

Ain't nobody want to hear that.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3

I was waiting for at least one self aware aggy to acknowledge Jimbo's (and Rumlin's) W/L records have been padded with the usual SEC cupcake feasts, (wasn't so soft last year lolol) and consider that Texas hasn't played an FCS opponent in more than a decade. But nope, not a single one.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I look forward to the obvious excuses coming from aggy after they lose to "the worst Alabama team in the Saban era."

It's like AgGPT at this point.

• "Sip did not play THIS Alabama team."
  • "T-Ewe didn't face THIS Jalen Milroe."

or if Milroe gets replaced:

• "Sips got lucky to play Jalen Milroe, who Jimbo and Co. almost beat last year!! If (current Bama QB) had played, no way Sip woulda won."

It really does write itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sejjr said:

I look forward to the obvious excuses coming from aggy after they lose to "the worst Alabama team in the Saban era."

It's like AgGPT at this point.

• "Sip did not play THIS Alabama team."
  • "T-Ewe didn't face THIS Jalen Milroe."

or if Milroe gets replaced:

• "Sips got lucky to play Jalen Milroe, who Jimbo and Co. almost beat last year!! If (current Bama QB) had played, no way Sip woulda won."

It really does write itself.

Buchner's starting vs USF. It's all baked in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

This talking point perfectly encapsulates the aggy worldview. Texas can't be judged based on one game against the worst Bama team in 15 years. Yet the entire premise of Bama being "down" is based on the same sample size of one game. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

A&M has had good coaches before, but their careers died, they were investigated by the NCCA, or they leapt to a better job. They got Jimbo Fisher after he peaked, and everybody knew it except the brilliant negotiators at Texas A&M University in Texas, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band.

Anybody who doesn't get a deal like Jimbo will either leave or crash. Traylor seems to be an extraordinary coach. If her were to take the A&M job and win the conference, do you think he wouldn't be more interested in a job at Alabama, LSU, or Texas? RC, Sherman, and Fran would have been happy coaching there for eternity but not many others.

Also, I don't care where Traylor coaches just like I don't care much about recruits choosing schools we play rather than going to Europe or something. He may improve A&M to being a national contender (doubtful due to DNA), so we get a better game every year. 

I think we are on a great track right now. I don't envy anybody.

You Sure About That GIFs | Tenor

UTSA
0-1, 0-1 AWAY
UTSA Roadrunners
Final

1 2 3 4 T
UTSA 7 0 0 7 14
HOU 7 3 7 0 17

Houston
1-0, 1-0 HOME
Houston Cougars

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Seems like I repeatedly read, "Sark has never won 10 games in a season before so he never will".  I won't attempt to find the logic in that.  But those poor bastards' heads are going to explode when they won't be able to say it after this season. 

That'll be championship sark to those fuckers after this season ! 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

F6AEdUJXAAAt5ma?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEdgnWgAAppm9?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEdsUWYAAy9jp?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEd4oWwAAMmCq?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEhf0WYAA_1J-?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEhrdXQAA3cFW?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEh4LW4AAQeuA?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEiGtXsAARFeg?format=webp&name=mediumF6AEifMW4AAyPib?format=webp&name=large

He's also a thin-skinned prick who runs a dirty program, so they don't have to change anything but the nametags

Holy shit that conversation is a perfect illustration of the logical fallacies the typical Aggy and other rubes live off of, and they simply don't see it.  Reading it is almost akin to watching an alien lifeform behind a glass barrier and seeing it do some unexplainable shit.

2 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Having waited patiently to see this shift happen in the collective perception between Texas & Texas A&M, and now seeing it happen basically overnight on the eve of entering the SEC has just been overwhelming. Like a warm tidal wave.. every Aggy tear a dose of sweet nectar.

shia-shia-labeouf.gif

The timing on all this is pretty fucking great

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Traylor is a good coach but I have zero faith in him long-term until I see what he does without Frank Harris. He's had a once-in-a-lifetime QB for a G5 school. Harris is an absolute stud. 

Traylor is a winner. Has won consistently everywhere he has been as a HC in HS and college so far. UTSA was a laughing stock before he arrived. Even in 2020 in his first season when he had to play 4 different QB's because of injuries he still won 7 games for the second time in school history.

Frank Harris has certainly helped but his ability to motivate and get guys to play above their heads is impressive. They were starting defensive tackles on the OL last year because of injuries and still won 11 games. He also has had several assistants hired away for P5 jobs which is a good sign.

He seems to have a good head of his shoulders so my guess is he knows it is about time to jump ship with Houston, Baylor and potentially some bigger Texas jobs about to come open. I'll be mildly surprised if he is coaching UTSA in Austin next season.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2