Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Durkin probably called his best game at aggy on Saturday. I think Bama wins, but I don’t like where aggy and the SEC is trending right now. Mild competence on offense and defense might net aggy 8 wins. I think they’d beat LSU right now. 

Max Johnson is not delivering 9 wins for them. I think they lose to Bama, Ole Miss and LSU.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Well, they did set a record….. with help from the refs.

Other than that, aggy hasn’t been a factor in records since Thomas Edison invented the phonograph.

LSU won that game 3 different times, but the refs were having none of it. Finally A&M won it once and the refs called “Ballgame!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I think we're actually very good. I don't think we'd mudhole everyone else in the top ten. We belong there, but we haven't replaced Alabama or Georgia or Ohio State.

I will remind them and anyone else who has forgotten about one of the most impressive things Texas did against Alabama; we ran the ball to maintain possession for the last 7 minutes of the game. They knew we would run. They had to get the ball back. They failed to stop us.

That's tough, hard-nosed football. As Fred Akers once said before an OU game, "Men, it's going to be tough out there. We're going to make it that way."

Good days.

Texas has a very good team. We only have 5 games with a complete tool box; lot of meat still on that bone.

Equally important, they have a great COACHING staff who is getting the best from the players.  Like Patrick Mahomes has given Andy Reid the QB he always wanted to make his offense go, Sark has the skill guys he needs to get his engine purring at 6,800 RPM. The last 2 games were getting the large humans in sync. Time to put it all together and really stretch our legs Saturday.

My favorite Fred OU quote, "... something, ... something..., I'll tell you one thing, they better have their headgear strapped on tight.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Well, they don’t understand that Sankey was scouting what is about to become a big money-maker rivalry classic for the SEC. 
Something aggy hasn’t accomplished in their “100 Year Decision “ yet.

Correct. But man, that arky/aggy traditional, national, must see game at Jerry World is a must see spectacle.

• Haha 1

I’m sure there are discussions going on about how tx/ou will look in the sec. And it makes total sense that the sec commish would want to come see how the event is done currently in order to understand why it’s at the cotton bowl and not Jerry world. There is always pressure to move it to Jerry world going on in the background.

27 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I’m sure there are discussions going on about how tx/ou will look in the sec. And it makes total sense that the sec commish would want to come see how the event is done currently in order to understand why it’s at the cotton bowl and not Jerry world. There is always pressure to move it to Jerry world going on in the background.

Those applying the pressure should hope I never get diagnosed with a terminal disease. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We need the heavy hitters to bring us some grist. I'll add the quote below from Olin Egghead Buchanan.

image.png.8a0250fb7edbc2a39131fc922a86a4a8.png

1 Totally equivalent. Totally

2 See 1 above

3 Because they're Aggies. 

4 Boy, they wear out cliches. I think playing with a chip on the shoulder is the step right before getting their swagger back.

5 Get used to it.

6 See 5 above

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We need the heavy hitters to bring us some grist. I'll add the quote below from Olin Egghead Buchanan.

image.png.8a0250fb7edbc2a39131fc922a86a4a8.png

1 Totally equivalent. Totally

2 See 1 above

3 Because they're Aggies. 

4 Boy, they wear out cliches. I think playing with a chip on the shoulder is the step right before getting their swagger back.

5 Get used to it.

6 See 5 above

It's this kind of crap, this bizarre sense of entitlement, that puts people off even more than their weird traditions.

A&M ain't Bama. That's obvious to even a casual observer of college football. Alabama is a historic blue blood in the sport that has been on a historic tear of winning and championships for the past decade or so.  They've earned any deference shown to them. A&M hasn't earned squat, but simply assumes it's due similar deference. 

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No, Alabama's 2 starting safeties were not out against Texas.

Alabama rotates 3 safeties - all 3 have 300+ snaps and have played in all 5 games.

Once something becomes a "fact" in their pea brains, it becomes incontrovertible.

Like the Patton "quote".

Or like DKR signing massive classes to keep all the best talent away from A&M because there were no scholarship limits in the 60s.  You can point them to the proof that the SWC had scholarship limits starting in the early 60s.  You can show them that A&M signed, by far, the largest recruiting classes in the 60s.  It does not make a dent.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Looking at that chart, Sark is about to get paid.  

I believe Sark is at around $7.5M per year on his initial contract. I can see that easily getting bumped to 10M+ per year if he gets us to the CFP this season and we get off to a solid start in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1