Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

28 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

LMAO at the ag who would rather see Texas lose than aggy win.  That's some next-level jealousy.

Watching A&M lose is one of my favorite things to do. And there are some Aggie defeats that I'd MUCH rather re-watch than some Longhorn victories. Different forms of pleasure.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Married to a 3%er. God love her, she doesn’t care enough to follow anything other than watching the games, but is passionate about the games. Mentioned the plaque Sharp gave Jimbo and she…🤨😳… “Who does that?”

She asked to watch the replay of the Big XII championship game because she enjoyed watching the game. I want her to change teams so bad. My own personal flipmas. 🤘🏼😎

I'm married to an ag as well.  Similarly, she doesn't follow anything other than watching the games, which she is very passionate about.  But she also watches Longhorn games with me and will pull for Texas when we're not playing the ags.  She's been indoctrinated since birth so she'll never actually switch, but she's just fine with pulling for Texas under most circumstances.

She also thinks horns-down is stupid and is extra cringe when the TV shows ags doing it in games when they're not even playing us.  She says, "That's what ousux is supposed to do, but not us."  On second thought, maybe she will eventually come around...

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Watching A&M lose is one of my favorite things to do. And there are some Aggie defeats that I'd MUCH rather re-watch than some Longhorn victories. Different forms of pleasure.

Watching aggy lose gets a chuckle and a head shake out of me, knowing they should have won many of these with the talent disparity on the field. (See App st)

I don't re-watch many games.  I don't think I've ever re-watched aggy unless we were playing too. 

48 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Oh, I enjoy watching aggy lose as well, no question.  And in some instances (e.g., 77-0, App State, etc.), the enjoyment is even greater than usual.  But it doesn't come close to outweighing the pleasure I get from seeing Texas win.  I guess it's just difficult for me to fathom the depth of the hatred that has to exist in order for a person to take more pleasure in the demise of another team than in their own team winning. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Oh, I enjoy watching aggy lose as well, no question.  And in some instances (e.g., 77-0, App State, etc.), the enjoyment is even greater than usual.  But it doesn't come close to outweighing the pleasure I get from seeing Texas win.  I guess it's just difficult for me to fathom the depth of the hatred that has to exist in order for a person to take more pleasure in the demise of another team than in their own team winning. 

Samesies.  Hell, I'm to the point now that I'll come out of the wknd happy if all of my teams lose except TX.  

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd much rather watch aggy stick their crank in a blender against Ole Miss than watch us beat BYU 35-6, as a for example.  So, if I had to watch one or another and we were playing Rice or Wyoming and I knew they were going to lose I'd watch that one. But them losing doesn't come anywhere near the joy to me of us winning if it's an important or meaningful game.  Also- them losing can never be bad for me. Us winning- like- say UH- can be really irritating and not a cause for joy.  I'd take us firing on all cylinders over them firing on none every day of the week and twice on Sunday, but you aren't giving it credit for the proper amount of nuance.

All the same applies to OU of course. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ajax said:

Some more gems from 2021. The whole thing is gold, but I had to highlight the best part.

Screenshot_20231208-1145532.thumb.png.d1faab67e43127683e05cbd5ef2172e3.png

And I don't even know what to say about this one.

Screenshot_20231208-1147292.thumb.png.1fc694841772d65aeb7654beed8162a7.png

So which one of you wants to take credit for being the "cousin" in CheersforBeers' post?  I have no cousins who are aggies, so it can't be me . . .

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.815a110029fd351944e7801e2c762434.png

image.thumb.png.79dd785b8afba0e0e3ad2b5644b183f2.png

I refuse to set up an account on SECRANT but this shit is hilarious, there are literally fans who think they would win the big12 because they are SEC HARD now as if they already aren't bleeding recruits, wouldn't lose most of their recruits if they went down a division, much less than they never even won when they were in the big12. 

When super leagues form I can't help but imagine they'll be tossed out an airlock

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, RabidM said:

aggy doesn't have the guts to go back and dominate the b12.

A&M to the B12 would be their doom. Not only do you still have to deal with a bunch of quality coaches in Kliemann, Leipold, Fisch, Campbell, Gundy, Wittingham, etc. but you would lose the one recruiting token that you have relied on for the last decade. They would be getting second and third tier players after Texas, LSU, and OU filled up, and they have never shown an ability to out scheme anyone. They would also be the new Texas in terms of having the perpetual target on their back. They have only gone on runs of sustained success when rampant paying of players took place, followed by NCAA sanctions. They would still only be a mid level B12 program with 2-4 conference losses per year.  

Edited by Vertigo

25 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

image.thumb.png.815a110029fd351944e7801e2c762434.png

image.thumb.png.79dd785b8afba0e0e3ad2b5644b183f2.png

I refuse to set up an account on SECRANT but this shit is hilarious, there are literally fans who think they would win the big12 because they are SEC HARD now as if they already aren't bleeding recruits, wouldn't lose most of their recruits if they went down a division, much less than they never even won when they were in the big12. 

When super leagues form I can't help but imagine they'll be tossed out an airlock

They'll be around - the same way Tottenham was in the European Super League. Wealthy teams with lots of gullible fans who routinely lose to power programs are a perfect base to round out the numbers.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, Leanderman said:

My lovely wife is a UT Grad but got her master's from Gomersville, due to her major (archeology) . Really funny she watches UT Games with me and wants nothing to do with Colllie Station.

They must have a great archeology program as God knows they are always dwelling in the past.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

He forgot Florida State on his list of most recent teams to win a national championship without a great coach

Give them time they will get there for sure, Aggie was the only school to have claimed another school's MNC as their own. That bandaid will crust and fall off without them peeling it off.

Nice of ol’ gunny to acknowledge how powerful UT is. He should be thankful that we don’t abuse that power for football more often than we do. 

you’re welcome, gunny, for allowing your school to go to the SEC.  A decent head start was only fair, glad your school was able to capitalize so well on the advantage. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

They'll be around - the same way Tottenham was in the European Super League. Wealthy teams with lots of gullible fans who routinely lose to power programs are a perfect base to round out the numbers.

As a 'Spurs supporter, I resent this statement as much as the truth behind it kills me.

As long as the money's there, we'll always get a seat at the table. If there's a seat at the table, there's a shot that something in the club changes and we win the league.

And that is the Aggiest thing I've ever said. It must be miserable to be them.

26 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

As a 'Spurs supporter, I resent this statement as much as the truth behind it kills me.

As long as the money's there, we'll always get a seat at the table. If there's a seat at the table, there's a shot that something in the club changes and we win the league.

And that is the Aggiest thing I've ever said. It must be miserable to be them.

Eh, Spurs have won a championship much more recently that the aggies. 

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

20231209_083225.jpg

20231209_083227.jpg

20231209_083229.jpg

20231209_083230.jpg

I love how they keep taking about the timeline of when they expect to be “getting a natty” with no mention whatsoever of a conference championship game appearance, conference title, or other milestones on the way to marked improvement. They’ll never understand why they’re further from greatness (or actual relevance) than they believe. Never change, aggy. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

I love how they keep taking about the timeline of when they expect to be “getting a natty” with no mention whatsoever of a conference championship game appearance, conference title, or other milestones on the way to marked improvement. They’ll never understand why they’re further from greatness (or actual relevance) than they believe. Never change, aggy. 

I wouldn’t worry about change. As far as institutional culture goes, change is their most hated enemy.