Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

A&M has not finished in the top 3 since 1939.

Eh, even 1939 is entirely debatable. Most of the polls ended after the regular season and there were multiple undefeated teams. Tennessee was undefeated, untied, unscored upon, and "defending" national champions at the end of regular season play. They did lose to USC in the Rose Bowl though. Some polls have other teams as the champion and a gang of teams claim a 1939 MNC. Cornell and USC both claim 1939 MNC's.

So, their MOST legitimate NC claim is still somewhat iffy depending on who you're talking to and what polls they're going off of. This is completely disregarding the two other MNC's that aggy claims. Both of which they conveniently started claiming in 2012--the same year they entered the SEC. Gotta impress their new big bros with ALL THREE of those antique MNC's.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

They did not really finish top 4 in 2020.  The top 4 teams made the playoffs.  Their Orange Bowl win against UNC sitting their entire offense was nothing special.

We finished top 3 in 2023.  A&M has not finished in the top 3 since 1939.

All the groupthink about how our season was no more impressive than their 2020 also forgets that they lost to Bama by 4 fucking TDs.  I must have missed our 4 TD loss this year.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

They have a point about us having needlessly close games. The flip side of the close games is that we were at one point dominating all of them. 

Going for it on fourth against Houston instead of kicking the field goal woke their asses up. Same thing in other games. Would have been nice to have another three points against OU, but we went for it on fourth.

The good news is that I think Sark has learned. We throttled back on that shit at the end of the season.

We had an exploitable secondary last year without a great edge rush. It's actually remarkable that we did as well as we did. Those weaknesses are being addressed and I don't think we'll have a certifiable weak spot next year. 

• Hook 'Em 6

16 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Those dipshits downplaying a season where we:

• Finished in the Top 4 - they've done it only twice* in their history (includes bullshit Covid year)
  • Won 12 games - they've done it only once in their history
  • Won 10 games against P5 teams - they've done it only once in their history
  • Won the conference - they've done it only 16 times in their history
  • Beat a Top 5 team on the road - didn't look up how many times they've done that, but apparently the Bama team we beat is one of their worst teams in DECADES including the team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Saban's first year there.

16 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

They did not really finish top 4 in 2020.  The top 4 teams made the playoffs.  Their Orange Bowl win against UNC sitting their entire offense was nothing special.

We finished top 3 in 2023.  A&M has not finished in the top 3 since 1939.

RM is a good poster in general, but Drebin is 100% correct here. A top 4 finish during the playoff era is being in the actual final four. No one other than whiny aggies should give one fuck where a poll put anyone. Things were settled on the field. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

No one other than whiny aggies should give one fuck where a poll put anyone. Things were settled on the field. 

Oh, you mean like bragging about finishing #2 in a baseball poll the same year they didn't make the College World Series?  Best team EVER!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite part with these screenshots is where they value ATM returning 72% of their production, and then using that to firm up their "9-3 or bust!" hubris while simultaneously casting aspersions on the notion that Texas returns 70% of its production and using the same model to do both things. They continually find new ways to astonish me with these takes. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

Also, it's simply a hilarious constant that these idiots are able to whip up hypothetical wins for themselves and losses for others. They don't just do this for games that were never played, for which they're basically undefeated, all time. No, they do this with games that have already been played, whether those are ATM games or someone else. They use that maneuver to firmly convince themselves that a true outcome actually happened in the past in which someone like Texas lost more games than the records reflect, and of course everyone knows this, while ATM actually performed better than most people realize. That one rube writes as a matter of fact that they actually beat Ole Miss the last two years, which apparently also means that beating Texas this season is a given. 

This gif always works in regards to aggy

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

• Haha 2

image.png.8e83db0afb4795ff2d2d45863482fe47.png

It's funny how every thread does as he describes. Every post about Texas never uses Longhorns. A few say Texas. Most do as this idiot and refer to us as "the sips." We're in his head even as he tries to tell everybody else that they shouldn't obsess.

image.png.0daf2d1900e2599e1c9f61269cf811ba.png

1 This only applies to schools not called Texas A&M. 

2 One coaches instead of coach's is understandable. Twice in two lines is a reflection of your college education.

3 No shit.

4 New Aggie fact. Media lying about Texas' returning talent.

5 Scary. I sure hope Sark and his future NFL QB can figure something out. 

image.png.231b0225cae9d2f9042c7c8d41e34134.png

Wouldn't be surprised if A&M won 11 games. User name checks out.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, it's simply a hilarious constant that these idiots are able to whip up hypothetical wins for themselves and losses for others. They don't just do this for games that were never played, for which they're basically undefeated, all time. No, they do this with games that have already been played, whether those are ATM games or someone else.

Similarly, they always use their close losses to argue that they are just a hair’s breadth away from being an elite team, yet they use our close wins to argue that we are weak and overrated.  

• Hook 'Em 3

The delusion of each aggy class was kick-started at Fish Camp. It’s generational “fact feeding” that was built on generations of future aggy spewing out the same beliefs. Bunch of non-thinking idiots.

Generational Morons are what makes up aggy.

Hook’em!!!

36 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Welp that does it for us against them this year. Elko is gonna focus on the run. We’re doomed. 

Dude. I have a super secret source in Sark’s office. 
Sark is planning to only pass when 3rd and 20+. He feels confident that Ewers offseason will make him into the 2nd greatest running qb in UT history. Elks plan could doom us. 

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Dude. I have a super secret source in Sark’s office. 
Sark is planning to only pass when 3rd and 20+. He feels confident that Ewers offseason will make him into the 2nd greatest running qb in UT history. Elks plan could doom us. 

I mean, it’s genius. Planning on stopping the run? Why has this never been tried before?

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2024 at 6:22 PM, nnm said:

I love the one guy who says any bragging about UT’s 2023 season can be countered with one simple argument:

T

C

U

Yes, the same TCU that didn’t just get to the CFP, but actually convincingly won a game against Harbaugh UM. And finished #2. And has more conference championships, top 10 and top 5 finishes in the last 25 years than TAMU ever. 

Doesn't TCU have more top-5 finishes all-time than A&M?

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite part with these screenshots is where they value ATM returning 72% of their production, and then using that to firm up their "9-3 or bust!" hubris while simultaneously casting aspersions on the notion that Texas returns 70% of its production and using the same model to do both things. They continually find new ways to astonish me with these takes. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

72% of ass is still ass, my dudes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Oh boy!

image.png.af598777ff7b5d4881ccb8bd28c7e1a4.png

Aggies discover use of fertilzer to enhance plant growth! Breakthrough stuff. Game changer. Really cooking with gas, now!

image.png.10026f76ad8d75d929a3ac2d0bcc4b5a.png

"Up to" 3/4 moondust mixture with earthworm shit and fungi. Lessee, that's at least 1/4 total weight of soil is earthworm shit and fungi. Hmmm. I'm sure NASA will want to devote precious payload weight to those items.  They'll probably dedicate an entire spacecraft to the effort. Below, two assholenauts pose in front of the new space scow.

mel-karen.jpg

Aggies say that next time it rains on the moon, astronauts can harvest the earthworms that come to the surface and harvest fungus by deveoping athlete's foot on the feet of all astronauts. Further study is needed to determine if crotch rot fungi can used for farming as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Oh boy!

Aggies discover use of fertilzer to enhance plant growth! Breakthrough stuff. Game changer. Really cooking with gas, now!

"Up to" 3/4 moondust mixture with earthworm shit and fungi. Lessee, that's at least 1/4 total weight of soil is earthworm shit and fungi. Hmmm. I'm sure NASA will want to devote precious payload weight to those items.  They'll probably dedicate an entire spacecraft to the effort. Below, two assholenauts pose in front of the new space scow.

mel-karen.jpg

Aggies say that next time it rains on the moon, astronauts can harvest the earthworms that come to the surface and harvest fungus by deveoping athlete's foot on the feet of all astronauts. Further study is needed to determine if crotch rot fungi can used for farming as well.

I’m no longer surprised by any form of buffoonery in this world.

image.gif

45 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Actually, as someone who is interested in seeing sustainable spaceflight happen in my lifetime, demonstrating the use of lunar regolith in growing food that humans could eat is pretty significant.

This is hardly groundbreaking.  Hydroponic plant culture using inert media like regolith has been in practice for decades.  "Simulated" regolith is just some bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Actually, as someone who is interested in seeing sustainable spaceflight happen in my lifetime, demonstrating the use of lunar regolith in growing food that humans could eat is pretty significant.

It's neat enough, but the University of Florida did most of the heavy lifting already

https://www.nature.com/articles/s42003-022-03334-8

GG-4mB_X0AEaEHw?format=jpg&name=small

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, OregonHorn said:

This is hardly groundbreaking.  Hydroponic plant culture using inert media like regolith has been in practice for decades.  "Simulated" regolith is just some bullshit. 

I'm not going to go all nerd-nik on you, but this is just not the case. This review article from 2022, for example, suggests that the agricultural potential of lunar regolith has "rarely" been studied. Look, I love laughing and mocking aggy as much as the next asshole on this site. But I think the concept of farming on the Moon is fucking cool, OK?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SimkinsMan said:

I'm not going to go all nerd-nik on you, but this is just not the case. This review article from 2022, for example, suggests that the agricultural potential of lunar regolith has "rarely" been studied. Look, I love laughing and mocking aggy as much as the next asshole on this site. But I think the concept of farming on the Moon is fucking cool, OK?

Me too.  Tell me how aggy simulated moondust is somehow relevant to the topic, though.

6 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Well, until we actually start landing Starships on the Moon and bringing back buckets of lunar regolith, these kinds of simulants are the best we've got. And they're getting better

If we bring back the Helium-3 from the moon to fuel new nuclear fusion reactors, I'll be here for it.  Lulz.

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

Eh. We have to pack the nutrients and we have to pack the co2 and we have to pack the containment for the co2.  This may reduce the overall payload burden, and by weight and volume bits a significant enough savings to be noteworthy, but it’s not game changing. 

i guess the co2 from human respiration could be a source?  I was assuming a crop growing outside of the human habitat but even then maybe there’s some scavenging that can be done to the air to recover co2 and move it?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Well, until we actually start landing Starships on the Moon and bringing back buckets of lunar regolith, these kinds of simulants are the best we've got. And they're getting better

Interesting.  I read the composition of a couple of the simulants.  They were inert wrt organic plant nutrients, so this demonstration of chickpea growth in an inert substrate with the addition of worm castings and beneficial microbes is not a revelation.  It's not worth mention.  aggy interest in space hummus is, though.  But when they run short on tahini..

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

I'm glad you recognized the importance of sound scientific knowledge in a post that includes a picture of a couple standing in front of a Honey Wagon. So often the gravity of my tone is missed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Oh boy!

mel-karen.jpg

To be honest, I thought that was Elko for a fleeting moment when I glanced at that pic