Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

22 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The Joe Jon Finley hire is another savvy move by Jimbo Fisher on the recruiting trail. As Looch stated, he was likely Barry Odom's best recruiter on staff at Missouri. He's a native of Arlington so he'll add another strong DFW presence to the staff. The Aggies have cleaned house in Texas this year, and the hire of Finley should only help that trend going forward. 

Love the confidence..."likely" his best recruiter. In other words, he wasn't. Such a savvy move for the team who has absolutely "cleaned house" in Texas this cycle. At least, until signing day.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Love the confidence..."likely" his best recruiter. In other words, he wasn't. Such a savvy move for the team who has absolutely "cleaned house" in Texas this cycle. At least, until signing day.

Best recruiter st Missouri!  And exactly how good were their recruiting classes while there?

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Best recruiter st Missouri!  And exactly how good were their recruiting classes while there?

They have been 43, 43, and 39 in the 247 composite while he has been in Columbia (37, 25, 43 in the three years before he arrived). I am sure that 4 spot increase this year was all due to relationships Joe Jon formed during the prior two years. That ranking was probably a lot higher, but since he left they surely had a rash of decommits. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Decommit season is cool, guys! Addition by subtraction yo

DtqV5DsU0AMx6LE.jpg

A Carter decommit would drop them a good bit.  They may still be higher than us in the end since we will probably add some JUCO's and they aren't rated very high.  We'll still have more 5/4* commits though. 

We are going to kill it in 2020 though.

I'm sure they tell recruits Austin is close enough to spend the weekend in. Reminds me of the time I went to watch fireworks at the Georgetown July 4th festival with my in-laws probably around 2001 or so. They had a big presentation about how great Georgetown was and 90% of the features that made it great were actually in Austin but being close to those things meant Georgetown was great.

One of my dad's coworkers when I was in high school was an aggy. 

He was trying to convince me on how great college station was. The first was some bullshit about giant parties at apartment complexes where everyone has kegs in the back of their pickups and the second reason was "Austin is only 90 miles away"

So I said if the second best thing about CS is Austin is only 90 miles away wouldn't it make more sense just to move to Austin?

He was dumbfounded and never talked to me about it again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Decommit season is cool, guys! Addition by subtraction yo

DtqV5DsU0AMx6LE.jpg

I literally received a text message from annoying aggy friend yesterday that said exactly that..."addition by subtraction" and he was bragging that they passed us. Fucking clowns.

51 minutes ago, blacklab said:

One of my dad's coworkers when I was in high school was an aggy. 

He was trying to convince me on how great college station was. The first was some bullshit about giant parties at apartment complexes where everyone has kegs in the back of their pickups and the second reason was "Austin is only 90 miles away"

So I said if the second best thing about CS is Austin is only 90 miles away wouldn't it make more sense just to move to Austin?

He was dumbfounded and never talked to me about it again.

Hell Southwest Texas State had the most awesome apartment parties in the world... Back in 76 even.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

I literally received a text message from annoying aggy friend yesterday that said exactly that..."addition by subtraction" and he was bragging that they passed us. Fucking clowns.

This is why I don't have annoying aggy friends

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

Ask him if jimbo will play for the conference championship in his 2nd year there. Or for that matter the 5th.

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

DeMarvin Leal just got bumped to a 5-star in the composite.  #30 player overall in the country.

https://247sports.com/player/demarvin-leal-94703/

Baylor Cupp got bumped up to the best TE in the country - #48 player overall.

https://247sports.com/player/baylor-cupp-46050629/

Yeah the Pennsylvania LB is now a composite 4*.  They are now at 91.30 class composite average.

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

DeMarvin Leal just got bumped to a 5-star in the composite.  #30 player overall in the country.

https://247sports.com/player/demarvin-leal-94703/

Baylor Cupp got bumped up to the best TE in the country - #48 player overall.

https://247sports.com/player/baylor-cupp-46050629/

Leal is somewhat surprising...Cupp is not. He's a stud. But if I remember correctly at one point he was like top 300 and his shuttle up was meteoric. 

Leal I suppose is proof that the rankings are based on pro potential, unless of course aggy starts ranting about position switches of their commits. Leal's senior film didn't seem like he did anything to get bumped up to a 5 star. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Where's @Fud? What are the projected # of kids that we think Georgia is taking?

They signed 26 each of the last two classes, so I doubt they can take a ton, but as far as what the exact number is, it's probably easiest to go to a Georgia board and see what their mods/posters are saying