Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

It’s really hard to read an article when the writer does not know, when to use commas. It is distracting to the point, where I do not even want to finish reading what Lucci, says. So, A&M passed on every, guy that they did, not sign? 
And they hired someone, who clearly, did not, go to school, to learn, how, to write?, 
Bilbo didn't offer?

6 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Only aggy could argue with the straight face that fast guys aren’t suited to play defense. They’re actually so delusional and wrapped up in confirmation bias that they believe it. 

If your secondary averaged a 5 second 40 you'd want to believe that too.

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

Only aggy could argue with the straight face that fast guys aren’t suited to play defense. They’re actually so delusional and wrapped up in confirmation bias that they believe it. 

Darrell Green could. not play for Texas A&M

Jimbo's post Jameis QB takes are instructive with him taking Foster (who Bama, LSU, and Auburn passed on), Calzada (who everyone passed on except Georgia when they were looking for late backups in case the didn't flip the Ohio State kid), and Hornsby

Via Tarp --  Jimbo: Calzada is basically Brett Favre 

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher appeared on The Audible with The Athletic's Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel to talk about the Aggies' 2019 recruiting class, which was wrapped up this past Wednesday on National Signing Day.

The Aggies finished with 25 signees and were ranked fourth in the 247 Sports Composite rankings nationally as it was one of the best classes in A&M history. Although it included two five-star prospects and 14 four-star players, none of those higher-rated prospects were quarterbacks. That is interesting, given Fisher's background developing players at the position - which includes former Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston and two other signees that were eventually selected in the first round of the NFL Draft.

However, Fisher feels quite strongly about the quarterback he did sign, Georgia product Zach Calzada, who spurned a late run by in state Georgia - after five-star backup Justin Fields transferred - to stick with A&M in the early signing period. Calzada's numbers as a senior weren't overwhelming - in part due to the talent around him - and he struggled in the Under Armour All-American game last month. Even so, Fisher is quite high on Calzada for different reasons than most people might think, preferring not to talk about any particular aspect of his game but rather who Calzada reminded him of when Fisher watched him play.

"You got an old-school type of guy," Fisher told The Athletic. "For lack of a better term, a Favre-ish type guy who can just pick the ball up, play, and put guys around him and can make plays and make them win."

Brett Favre had a gunslinger mentality that tended to get him in and out of trouble but the Hall-of-Famer had a big arm, mobility, and the ability to galvanize the people around him. Fisher sees some of the same physical attributes in Calzada, who is listed at 6-foot-3 and has an arm that can make throws to all parts of the field.

"He has all the physical talents in the world," Fisher told Mandel and Feldman. "He's really blossoming up now, with his size and potential. I think he has a tremendous future ahead of him."

Fisher has been one of the preeminent developers of quarterbacks in college football for years as evidenced by the work he did at Florida State with Winston who not only won the Heisman Trophy as a redshirt freshman but also led the Seminoles to a national title. Fisher also helped transform junior to be Kellen Mond into a much better passer as a sophomore after he lost his starting job in 2017 to Nick Starkel. Mond ended up throwing for over 3,000 yards with 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions in leading the Aggies to a 9-4 record and a win over North Carolina State in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

"For lack of a better term, a Favre-ish type guy who can just pick the ball up, play, and put guys around him and can make plays and make them win."

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Calzada's numbers as a senior weren't overwhelming - in part due to the talent around him - and he struggled in the Under Armour All-American game last month.

So...Jimbo likes him because you can just put guys around him and he can make them win. But he struggled because he was surrounded by lesser talent and then struggled when surrounded by all stars?

Makes sense.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chopper said:

Not only did his teammates suck, but Calzada was also hampered by the shitty talent surrounding him at the UA high school all star game. Nobody can compare to Calzada. He's just that damn good. 

If I were him, i would just petition the Maurice Clarrett way and get him moved to the NFL with his kind. No need to waste such talent on those college kids. 

51 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

So...Jimbo likes him because you can just put guys around him and he can make them win. But he struggled because he was surrounded by lesser talent and then struggled when surrounded by all stars?

Makes sense.

My first thought as I read this most insightful and interesting article.

57 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Not only did his teammates suck, but Calzada was also hampered by the shitty talent surrounding him at the UA high school all star game. Nobody can compare to Calzada. He's just that damn good. 

He's just so competitive. You can't coach that. Nobody was harder on his teammates than calzada. All the UA players were mental midgets compared to him. It was kind of unfair to calzada to put him in that position. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

True story, my wife (no pics) was walking by when I posted this and this conversation ensued:

Her: WTF are you reading? Why are you looking at a pic of Blossom?

Me: *Tries to explain the meandering nature of discussion topics on this board*

Her: Ya, but what does Blossom have to do with it?

Me: *explain article and general dumbassery of aggy*

Her: Wait, so you posted this? You are the weirdo?

Me: Hardly, there is this one fatkid on here that thinks all black people look alike.

She shook her head, turned, and walked out of the room.

OLOt.gif

Makes sense.

Ya flawed logic, just like the flawed logic of taking a project as your top QB when he probably would have joined anyway with a second QB.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

True story, my wife (no pics) was walking by when I posted this and this conversation ensued:

Her: WTF are you reading? Why are you looking at a pic of Blossom?

Me: *Tries to explain the meandering nature of discussion topics on this board*

Her: Ya, but what does Blossom have to do with it?

Me: *explain article and general dumbassery of aggy*

Her: Wait, so you posted this? You are the weirdo?

Me: Hardly, there is this one fatkid on here that thinks all black people look alike.

She shook her head, turned, and walked out of the room.

Whoa

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Big arm but inaccurate/dumb decision maker. 

If they wanted that they could have kept Starkel. 

I still can't believe that aggy choose Mond over Starkel. He's got a much better arm than Mond and a better fit to the Jimbocoast offense.

Edited by HtownHorn

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I still can't believe that aggy choose Mond over Starkel. He's got a much better arm than Mond and a better fit to the Jimbocoast offense.

Rumor is starkel wasnt loved by teammates. The word thrown around a lot was “weird.” He easnt hated, but he didnt relate well with his team, apparently. 

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jimbo doesn’t need 5 star talent because he’s a good developer of talent.  As proof, look at how he developed 5 star Winston jameis who was good enough from day 1 to win a heisman and NC and whose results got worse his next year of development under jimbo. 

This. Why the fuck is Jimbo being showered with praise for his QB development? Winston was a can't miss generational prospect, who arguably got worse under Jimbo's tutelage and rape covering. Who else did Jimbo "mold" into an amazing QB? Christian Ponder? JaMarcus Russell? 

19 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

This. Why the fuck is Jimbo being showered with praise for his QB development? Winston was a can't miss generational prospect, who arguably got worse under Jimbo's tutelage and rape covering. Who else did Jimbo "mold" into an amazing QB? Christian Ponder? JaMarcus Russell? 

Same reason that Sumlin was hailed as the QB whisperer while at A&M. Aggy controls the aggy narrative to the SEC and ESPN. I remember when SEC game day was at college station for a game a few years back. They had this graphic that came up on the Finebaum show about all the things you need to know about A&M. Some of the stuff on that list were ridiculous lies. The first bullet was A&M was the first University in the state of Texas.