Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Just now, Magus Ossis said:

Good thing they have a 5* OT OG coming in to help out playing OT as a true FR. Should help them continue their dominance over the Bama, Clemson, LSU, and (now also UGA) DL.

Also, they might just get called for all of their holding this year vs LSU since the game's not in collieville.

17 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take out Ellison and Mowry and the signed a total of 6 linemen ( 3 OL, 3 DL ).  Doesn't sound good for a team in the so-called "Line-of-scrimmage" league.  If those were our numbers they'd be talking about our "7-on-7" class.

Really they signed 2 Green and Leal, and a 4 guys that will be processed by 2021.

22:00-25:30 Looch and Brauninger still belly aching and conspiracy theorizing so hard against Texas' 247's rankings, says WE'RE the ones that are celebrating a moral victory over UGA when aggy beat the team that beat Georgia by 3 touchdowns(?!?!) 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0111808-kahk.mp3

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bizzle said:

you may want to watch derick hunter and layden robinson's film again. 

Slow day today so I watched half of Robinson's senior video.  He's exactly the kind of guy that recruiting services overrate.  He's huge and uses that size to push smaller defenders around at the LOS.  His slow feet don't prevent him from mashing a HS DL lined up directly over him.  It looks impressive when the guy is 100 lbs lighter and gets driven 5-6 off the ball.  It's what you DON'T see that matters.  There is only 1 highlight of Robinson locating and driving a LB flowing to the ball and nothing WRT 3rd level defenders.

But the worst part was poor balance and technique in pass blocking.  Robinson repeatedly gets his weight too far forward and falls down about half the time.  Since these are highlight, they only show the ones where he took the defender down with him.  But it's pretty obvious there were others not seen where he missed and left the DL a clear path to the QB.  In fact if you look at 5:06 that's exactly what happens when the DE beats him inside and Robinson just grabs him and throws him down.

So good: big, strong, solid HS run blocker.  Bad: slow, poor balance, bad pass protector, little ability to operate in space.  Looks like JAG to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

22:00-25:30 Looch and Brauninger still belly aching and conspiracy theorizing so hard against Texas' 247's rankings, says WE'RE the ones that are celebrating a moral victory over UGA when aggy beat the team that beat Georgia by 3 touchdowns(?!?!) 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0111808-kahk.mp3

I don't think they understand the concept of actual victories vs moral victories. 

Edited by sushihorn

Eh. That’s not really true at all. I think a lot of college DCs would at minimum be willing to interview for an NFL DC gig, regardless of whether they were happy in their current situation 
Not when your HC is Jimbo. There are several top NFL DCs just begging to come learn under Jimbo and have the chance to dominate the SEC. They see what's coming, and they want in.

13 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Speaking of Figurelli, he got hired at my buddy’s company using his new persona. Highly sought after gig I’d imagine.

He lasted only a few weeks after he had acted so strangely and lied about so many random things that people in the company started to look into him. They found out about his name change, followed the internet bread crumbs, and canned him immediately. Dumbass legitimately seems to possess some necessary intelligence and works hard, and his radical aggyness has ruined his professional life and general reputation.  

Some lies I remember were about his grades in grad school and the time in which he ran marathons. There was a frequent marathon runner around when he was bragging about his times and knew they were like Olympian level and the suspicion grew from there. 

Still trying to be an accountant? Because being a pathological liar seems like a disqualifying attribute in that profession.

Edited by texifornia

36 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Slow day today so I watched half of Robinson's senior video.  He's exactly the kind of guy that recruiting services overrate.  He's huge and uses that size to push smaller defenders around at the LOS.  His slow feet don't prevent him from mashing a HS DL lined up directly over him.  It looks impressive when the guy is 100 lbs lighter and gets driven 5-6 off the ball.  It's what you DON'T see that matters.  There is only 1 highlight of Robinson locating and driving a LB flowing to the ball and nothing WRT 3rd level defenders.

But the worst part was poor balance and technique in pass blocking.  Robinson repeatedly gets his weight too far forward and falls down about half the time.  Since these are highlight, they only show the ones where he took the defender down with him.  But it's pretty obvious there were others not seen where he missed and left the DL a clear path to the QB.  In fact if you look at 5:06 that's exactly what happens when the DE beats him inside and Robinson just grabs him and throws him down.

So good: big, strong, solid HS run blocker.  Bad: slow, poor balance, bad pass protector, little ability to operate in space.  Looks like JAG to me.

your commitment to your internet bit is unflappable, and i commend you. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bizzle said:

I realize that you people tend to get really, really caught up with rankings, whether you're citing them like the Bible or dismissing them as charlatanism to serve your current agenda, but lets not pretend Robinson's ranking is all that great. Mid to high 3 stars very often end up being JAGS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bizzle said:

I think you guys have a wonderful strategy of loading up on offensive lineman who are 320+ pounds with a 5.9 forty in high school. I commend the outside-the-box thinking and wish you well in your future endeavors.

By the way, sushi undersold his lack of mobility. It's not just 5:06, the guy gets beaten badly and just grabs his opponent frequently in his film. Take a look at 3:30 in this film. Good news for him and you is that holding gets called less and less every year. If you watch Robinson's senior film and don't sense potential mobility issues then I have no idea what you were watching.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize that you people tend to get really, really caught up with rankings, whether you're citing them like the Bible or dismissing them as charlatanism to serve your current agenda, but lets not pretend Robinson's ranking is all that great. Mid to high 3 stars very often end up being JAGS. 

And OL is THE toughest position to evaluate and the place where rating systems miss mostly often and by the biggest margins.  Robinson has 3 of the classic red flags for a bust at OL: heavy feet, poor balance and inability to block smaller players in space.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

You could watch 3 of the 4 2020 aggy OL commits ( minus Akinola) and pretty much write the same thing.

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Well, they’ve practiced being prolific losers for their entire history. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I welcome any rebuttal of the points I made that you'd care to offer.

he's going to be playing center or guard at the next level. you are correct he does not have elite feet. i think he compares favorably to erik mccoy at this stage, albeit a bit stiffer. 

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

. . . thats the joke . . . 

and i fear you've confused me for someone that cares about rankings. going back to hornfans a decade ago, i always enjoyed looking at the film of these guys and trying to figure out who offered and why, and what these guys potential ceilings are. 

i fear most of the people who did the same have been driven away, but i - always a glutton for punishment and animal husbandry - remain steadfast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

He's stiff. No hip flex. I heard it's because of the steel rods he had inserted into his back after the accident a few years ago. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bizzle said:

he's going to be playing center or guard at the next level. you are correct he does not have elite feet. i think he compares favorably to erik mccoy at this stage, albeit a bit stiffer.

I'm glad you're up for a serious discussion.  The stiffness is potentially a major issue.  Check the pad level on Robinson's run blocking.  His weight is very high and he basically pushes DL into the ground on a lot of plays by dropping his weight on them.  It could be this is just poor technique which can be resolved through better coaching.  But with other indicators out there it seems more likely he isn't very flexible and can't get much drive with his pad level down.  That would be a serious liability in an interior lineman.  Also the lack of ability in space is a big issue for an OG if his team pulls linemen at all or when blocking for screen passes.

Edited by sushihorn

1 hour ago, rickyspub said:

This from the guy whose latest bit was claiming no internet in Vancouver! Bravo, bizzle, bravo!

Just to let everybody know that on my taxi ride from airport that taxi driver told me they just got full time internet here. 

City leaders are discussing the possibility of a holiday and a parade to celebrate here in Vancouver. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Still trying to be an accountant? Because being a pathological liar seems like a disqualifying attribute in that profession.

No clue. Like many sociopaths, he made a good first impression and it unraveled quickly from there. The company ended it abruptly but on good terms so they wouldn’t draw any attention towards the situation. No one wants to be the group that accidentally hired Figurelli.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caddox said:

Speaking of Figurelli, he got hired at my buddy’s company using his new persona. Highly sought after gig I’d imagine.

He lasted only a few weeks after he had acted so strangely and lied about so many random things that people in the company started to look into him. They found out about his name change, followed the internet bread crumbs, and canned him immediately. Dumbass legitimately seems to possess some necessary intelligence and works hard, and his radical aggyness has ruined his professional life and general reputation. 

Some lies I remember were about his grades in grad school and the time in which he ran marathons. There was a frequent marathon runner around when he was bragging about his times and knew they were like Olympian level and the suspicion grew from there.

But, but huge aggy network of biznismen?