2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Speaking of Covid, what’s our update in terms of vaccination % in our program? If we’re gonna lose a game this year I don’t want it to be because of a Covid forfeit on our end 

LOL, have you seen the infection rates for those who have been vaccinated? 

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 48

1 hour ago, westexhorn said:

So Dixon's ankle is hurt again? How unlucky are we... Who the fuck voodoo cursed our WR corp?

My first reaction to hearing Dixon was back at practice was "Too soon". Whenever the athlete says they feel good to go, you need to add two weeks to a high ankle sprain. They just don't heal the same way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I'm a doctor and I'm not anti-vax, I've had lots of vaccines

So you aren't vaccinated against Covid?

Also it's less about limiting infection rates, but more about avoiding testing positive or forced quarantine due to potential exposure.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

<trigger alert - no bitcha to me>

Kai kinda reminds me that Jordy Nelson kid that wasn't overly fast or super athletic. He just seemed to materialize all by himself 8 yards down field on 3rd and 7. Everyone in the stands would just yell, "Why won't someone cover that little fucker?".

I immediately thought of Jordy Nelson when I saw the post above. 15 years ago he would have ended up at KSU and none of us would have cared until he scored 3 TDs against Texas. Then Mack would remind everyone that winning is hard.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Kai kinda reminds me that Jordy Nelson kid that wasn't overly fast or super athletic. He just seemed to materialize all by himself 8 yards down field on 3rd and 7. Everyone in the stands would just yell, "Why won't someone cover that little fucker?".

who exactly are you talking about? because it’s not the jordy nelson from KSU/Green Bay.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

LOL, have you seen the infection rates for those who have been vaccinated? 

Heres a link to the NCAA policy on COVID testing/protocols.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-covid-19-medical-advisory-group-updates-guidance-testing-fully-vaccinated-individuals

tldr; vaccinated players who are asymptomatic will not be subject to weekly testing that unvaccinated players have to submit to.

And here is a link on why its important everyone on the team is vaccinated:

https://big12sports.com/news/2021/8/17/conference-big-12-game-threshold-policy-announced.aspx

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Heres a link to the NCAA policy on COVID testing/protocols.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-covid-19-medical-advisory-group-updates-guidance-testing-fully-vaccinated-individuals

tldr; vaccinated players who are asymptomatic will not be subject to weekly testing that unvaccinated players have to submit to.

And here is a link on why its important everyone on the team is vaccinated:

https://big12sports.com/news/2021/8/17/conference-big-12-game-threshold-policy-announced.aspx

There is literally built in advantage for being vaccinated per protocol/policies.  Why the fuck would we not want to encourage this is beyond me.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Speaking of Covid, what’s our update in terms of vaccination % in our program? If we’re gonna lose a game this year I don’t want it to be because of a Covid forfeit on our end 

We’re over 90% as of 8/5.

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/horns-report/steve-sarkisian-optimistic-heading-into-first-training-camp-at-texas/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

I immediately thought of Jordy Nelson when I saw the post above. 15 years ago he would have ended up at KSU and none of us would have cared until he scored 3 TDs against Texas. Then Mack would remind everyone that winning is hard.

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be stupid than open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Given the fact Covid policies directly affect our team this season means they are not mutually exclusive. It’s completely on-topic to discuss the teams vaccination rate whether you like it or not. 

Yep. And the difference between how you are

treated a way fully vaccinated team vs not hitting the threshold is so disparate that I seriously think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to

tell every athlete to bad or GTFO. It’s bad teammate territory not to Vax with the team wide consequences that can happen in terms of testing and quarantine of asymptomatic people. No reason to become the NC State baseball team. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

<trigger alert - no bitcha to me>

Jordy Nelson was fast. Very fast. And not little... He was just white and playing for KSU so everybody thought he was just some dude...

So, like Money in respect, but way more physically gifted.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1