Trevor Bauer releases a statement

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Bauer may have a case against the MLB to recoup his lost contract.

To be clear- he didn't lose his contract (he was suspended and that is probably legit b/c he brought a negative spotlight to the league). The Dodgers were told to pay him the rest of his contract and they did so, and then promptly told him to fuck off.  That money counted against their cap and was paid to him.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

To be clear- he didn't lose his contract (he was suspended and that is probably legit b/c he brought a negative spotlight to the league). The Dodgers were told to pay him the rest of his contract and they did so, and then promptly told him to fuck off.  That money counted against their cap and was paid to him.  

In that case, seems all is fair in love (even fake love) and war.

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2023 at 3:46 PM, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Still think Bauer is proven bad teammate/locker room cancer/not a great guy and won't be back in MLB... but fair amount of people, including lots of media folks who were making him out to be some kind of monster may have got some explaining to do...

I was skeptical and mystified by this whole thing from when I first heard about it, while the world was almost unanimously calling for burning him at the stake with flimsy to virtually zero evidence or opportunity to defend.

People wanted to bury this guy for something they had no real clue about, just because he was a bit different.

If it were one example it might not be as troublesome, but the media is so toxic, and people are so easily swayed. It's why we can't have nice things, and the country and the world plunges further down the shitter every year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 10/2/2023 at 4:07 PM, Hornsbay22 said:

Feel bad for the guy. Sometimes you can see when things have Jesse Smollett all over it, but everyone would rather have outrage over facts. 

Moral of the story is this was never about choking. It was always about him being a doucher. This news does nothing for me. He’s a weirdo who’ll never get another shot in the MLB. Hard to tell who had the worst posts in here - Derka or Imma. 

6 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Moral of the story is this was never about choking. It was always about him being a doucher. This news does nothing for me. He’s a weirdo who’ll never get another shot in the MLB. Hard to tell who had the worst posts in here - Derka or Imma. 

I hope the astros take him .....on the cheap. 

4 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Answer Waiting GIF

Waiting for all the ESPN talking heads who shit all over him and fueled the fire to line up and apologize. 

Why would they?  He’s one of the most unlikable people ever. Just because he was “right” here doesn’t mean he’s owed a damned thing. 

21 minutes ago, Hornsbay22 said:

I hope the astros take him .....on the cheap. 

I hope you do too. Because the Astros and their fans are just too darned likable. 

On 10/3/2023 at 7:40 PM, DougO said:

I was skeptical and mystified by this whole thing from when I first heard about it, while the world was almost unanimously calling for burning him at the stake with flimsy to virtually zero evidence or opportunity to defend.

People wanted to bury this guy for something they had no real clue about, just because he was a bit different.

If it were one example it might not be as troublesome, but the media is so toxic, and people are so easily swayed. It's why we can't have nice things, and the country and the world plunges further down the shitter every year.

The dude was a freaking douchebag, earning zero benefit of the doubt.

Whether he was right/ wrong didn't really matter at that point.  It was an opportunity to watch a guy crash and burn, that had already deservedly earned the title of fucktool.

He suffered from karmatic fever, something fierce.

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Being an unlikeable asshole justifies an onslaught of slanderous attacks without evidence or conviction? The media didn’t demand a de facto lifetime ban and public shunning of Kobe when he ass raped that teenage girl in Colorado, and he was a pretty big asshole with a million dollar smile. 

I also think Bauer is a huge asshole, but I don’t condemn assholes to false accusations of violence and give the media a free pass to convict before proven guilty and never issue a mea culpa after tanking someone’s reputation and career. 

I don’t care. 

7 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Buying known lying POS Trevor Bauers little one sided vlog story and running to this thread to white knight for him and demand an apology from ESPN was an interesting choice.

Anyone white knighting for this guy is a cunt. 

21 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Buying known lying POS Trevor Bauers little one sided vlog story and running to this thread to white knight for him and demand an apology from ESPN was an interesting choice.

The audio recording didnt work with the Judge because she literally says she asked for all the hitting and choking.    Sounds like a woman who convinced a guy for kinky sex to extort money later.  The only other possibilty is she asked for a donkey punch and had buyers remorse. 

• Like 1

It is totally possible that all of the following is true:

That girl is a conniving foolish money grubbing whore

Trevor Bauer is not a criminal

Trevor Bauer is an unlikable garbage human being who gets rough with women (in a totally legal way) and deserves all of the public ire he’s received

Fuck Trevor Bauer.

15 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Better chance of the Astros fans realizing nobody actually has a problem with their team, it's their cuntnugget fans that we can't stand.

Yeah gonna have to stop you right there, plenty of people got problems with the Astros...mostly because since 2017 they have just been better than whoever their team is...

end yes GIF

34 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Not sure anyone around here is actually "White Knighting" for Bauer, but sure does seem like the media mob got this one wrong and no one appears to be lined up to eat their crow...

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Yeah gonna have to stop you right there, plenty of people got problems with the Astros...mostly because since 2017 they have just been better than whoever their team is...

end yes GIF

Not sure anyone around here is actually "White Knighting" for Bauer, but sure does seem like the media mob got this one wrong and no one appears to be lined up to eat their crow...

This is it.  That and most people are self-righteous cunts…

• Hook 'Em 1

If they were actually better they wouldn’t have had to cheat. They weren’t better than anyone else, hence the cheating. 

And it’s hilarious to see them all line up to crucify Bauer just because he used to donkey punch them regularly when he played in the MLB. Like they didn’t all rejoice when Osuna got signed. You can look back at the early pages of this thread for the evidence.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

If they were actually better they wouldn’t have had to cheat. They weren’t better than anyone else, hence the cheating. 

And it’s hilarious to see them all line up to crucify Bauer just because he used to donkey punch them regularly when he played in the MLB. Like they didn’t all rejoice when Osuna got signed. You can look back at the early pages of this thread for the evidence.

Out of all of the outlandishly wrong/stupid things I have read on this website written by you, this might be the most. Congrats?

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz. They won 103 the next year and 107 the year after that. They were absolutely better than 95% of the rest of the league including the Yankees. You’re just being a bitch. Tom Brady cheated, he’s still the goat. Nick saban has paid for the best players for 10 years now, cheating his balls off, still the goat. 

11 hours ago, slorch said:

The problem is just Astros fans...

Yet Altuve and Bregman are roundly booed on the road( keep doing it!)

That hypothesis is full  of shit though.

You have to realize, when you hear boos when Altuve and Bregman come up to bat; the dumbass fans aren't booing the players.  They are booing you and me.  I fucking love it.  I'd rather be hated than irrelevant.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:46 AM, Snake Diggity said:

It is totally possible that all of the following is true:

That girl is a conniving foolish money grubbing whore

Trevor Bauer is not a criminal

Trevor Bauer is an unlikable garbage human being who gets rough with women (in a totally legal way) and deserves all of the public ire he’s received

Fuck Trevor Bauer.

Deserves public ire for kinky sex (if legal)?  That would be uniquely driven public ire directed his way nobody else deals with. Agree with all the rest.  

On 10/6/2023 at 9:27 PM, petscii said:

I think 3 things are true and not exclusive. 

1 - The Astros are just plain better.

2- They cheated at a sport built around cheating.

3- Fans are douchebags.  

I forgot something 

4 - GO FUCKING ASTROS!!!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 months later...