Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

How was the atmosphere at Lambeau for that playoff game? Looks like damn good view.  

So many missed opportunities in that game. Way beyond the catch no catch play. Rodgers on one leg just disected our defense in the 2nd half. A rookie Davante Adams made his mark that day

I’ve said it before, but Demarco Murray has to be pretty fucking happy that dez situation happened. If it didn’t, his egregious fumble would’ve been the biggest play of the game 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ve said it before, but Demarco Murray has to be pretty fucking happy that dez situation happened. If it didn’t, his egregious fumble would’ve been the biggest play of the game 

Regardless of if Dez caught it or not, I always thought airing it out on 4th and short in that situation was not the best play. With how our defense was playing, I thought just keep marching down the field and taking as much time off was the best bet. I believe it was just a one read play. We were going deep to Dez the whole way. 

Don't forget, GB had three different 3rd downs where the defense could have got off the field after the Dez catch was overturned to get us the ball back and they failed every single time. I think the last 3rd down was a pass Rodgers just threw up. 

And I have no idea why I am reminiscing about this game 7 years later lol. 

I don’t understand why we can’t employ the old royal blue jerseys for color rush alternates. I love our navy look, but not as much as our whites. If I had my way, I’d make our white jerseys with silver pants our home unis, keep our navy and gray for the road, and go to old school royal blue for the alternates. 

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

How was the atmosphere at Lambeau for that playoff game? Looks like damn good view.  

So many missed opportunities in that game. Way beyond the catch no catch play. Rodgers on one leg just disected our defense in the 2nd half. A rookie Davante Adams made his mark that day

Freaking Demarco Murray fumbling cost us the game.

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That was the year before the fun season. 2006 season but the playoff game was January 2007. That 2006 team was going nowhere. 2007 team is the one that had a legit chance but fell apart. 

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If I remember correctly, Patrick Crayton dropped two HUGE passes. Changed the entire game 

the one where he stops his route pisses me off more than the drop. he was a solid player for several years but fuck that guy.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2018/2/22/17034330/the-year-the-cowboys-should-have-won-a-super-bowl-but-didnt-even-win-a-playoff-game

5F9C5417-332F-41FD-905E-5704D5BB7324.gif

169082FB-ADF5-434C-9CBA-6BDECF8EE2F7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Looking back at the season two of the four losses, Tampa and Vegas, were toss ups that didn’t go our way but aren’t a strong indictment against the team. And the other 2 losses, Denver and kc, those were indictments. Those were bad losses. On the whole, 2 major losses. And though Chargers/pats were wins, they were toss up wins. So we were 2 for 4 in toss up games, 2 strong losses, and 9 strong wins. That’s pretty encouraging.

Full starting oline set to play together for the first time this year: smith, Williams, biadaz, Martin, collins.

Zeke needs to keep that knee brace on and get healthy for the playoffs.

If we can knock the eagles out of the playoffs that would be sweet.

I hate how Kyler falls down with pressure so he never takes a hit. I hope somebody hits that little mfer.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Forget about the Dez' catch the real turning point in that game was DeMarco's fumble. Not only was it a momentum changer, but Murray was going to go 59 yards on that run and put us up 21-10 in the 3rd which would've given us a 2-score buffer for the exchange of TDs between the 2 teams over the next few drives.

Could've sworn the Rodgers on one leg game was during the 2016 season playoff game with Dak at the helm?!?!?

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Regardless of if Dez caught it or not, I always thought airing it out on 4th and short in that situation was not the best play. With how our defense was playing, I thought just keep marching down the field and taking as much time off was the best bet. I believe it was just a one read play. We were going deep to Dez the whole way. 

Don't forget, GB had three different 3rd downs where the defense could have got off the field after the Dez catch was overturned to get us the ball back and they failed every single time. I think the last 3rd down was a pass Rodgers just threw up. 

And I have no idea why I am reminiscing about this game 7 years later lol. 

I've watched that highlight a million times and have seen a screen shot of the moment before Romo flings the pass. Beasley is wide ass open over the middle for a first down on that play. But in all honesty I loved Romo for attempting plays like that and it's what made him a favorite of mine. He was just snake bitten. I imagine Cowboys fans a bit older than me feel the same way about Danny White. 

Here's the play here: 

Beasely is lined in the slot on the right side and you see he's wide open. 

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean they’ve already beat them once this year. You can definitely run on GB and the weather was going to make it that type of game. It was possible. Not probable, but possible 

Yeah, but how much shittier can your backup be when your starter is Kirk Cousins?  <checks roster>  Wait, Kellen Mond?!?!?!

4 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Looking back at the season two of the four losses, Tampa and Vegas, were toss ups that didn’t go our way but aren’t a strong indictment against the team. And the other 2 losses, Denver and kc, those were indictments. Those were bad losses. On the whole, 2 major losses. And though Chargers/pats were wins, they were toss up wins. So we were 2 for 4 in toss up games, 2 strong losses, and 9 strong wins. That’s pretty encouraging.

Full starting oline set to play together for the first time this year: smith, Williams, biadaz, Martin, collins.

Zeke needs to keep that knee brace on and get healthy for the playoffs.

If we can knock the eagles out of the playoffs that would be sweet.

I hate how Kyler falls down with pressure so he never takes a hit. I hope somebody hits that little mfer.

image.gif.16c29e1f2284885d509e2e73cc0de7aa.gif

6 hours ago, futureman said:

the one where he stops his route pisses me off more than the drop. he was a solid player for several years but fuck that guy.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2018/2/22/17034330/the-year-the-cowboys-should-have-won-a-super-bowl-but-didnt-even-win-a-playoff-game

God damn, I was at that game. There was this Latina girl behind me (kinda hot, but really annoying) yelling “let’s go G-men” all fucking game long. I’ve seen the Boys step on their dick a few times, but that one is burned into my memory because of that bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Forget about the Dez' catch the real turning point in that game was DeMarco's fumble. Not only was it a momentum changer, but Murray was going to go 59 yards on that run and put us up 21-10 in the 3rd which would've given us a 2-score buffer for the exchange of TDs between the 2 teams over the next few drives.

Could've sworn the Rodgers on one leg game was during the 2016 season playoff game with Dak at the helm?!?!?

This. DeMarco would have been gone to the house. That game was far from Romo's fault

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Regardless of if Dez caught it or not, I always thought airing it out on 4th and short in that situation was not the best play. With how our defense was playing, I thought just keep marching down the field and taking as much time off was the best bet. 

It was ballsy as fuck, and it reminded me of the Street to Peschel play. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, futureman said:

The second play was wayyyyyy worse. Drops happen. It fucking sucked but still. That second play, he just fucking stopped and gave up thinking he was not getting the ball. Had he kept running, that was an easy pitch and catch. My uncle still talks about that play. He was at the game in person and saw it unfold. You couldn't see it on the tv telecast because it was off the screen. 

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I've watched that highlight a million times and have seen a screen shot of the moment before Romo flings the pass. Beasley is wide ass open over the middle for a first down on that play. But in all honesty I loved Romo for attempting plays like that and it's what made him a favorite of mine. He was just snake bitten. I imagine Cowboys fans a bit older than me feel the same way about Danny White. 

Here's the play here: 

Beasely is lined in the slot on the right side and you see he's wide open. 

That is how I thought it played out. Have not seen the breakdown of the whole play in forever. But I do remember that following offseason, watching it many times. And remember Beasley running underneath for an easy conversion. I think the call was if Dez got single coverage, they were going up top deep. In today's game, that is a catch and maybe we win. That is more of a call on 3rd down and that distance and then coming back for the short conversion play. 

But the fact we are discussing a divisional round game 7 years later, shows how much lack of success we have had over the years.

And since we are on divisional round failures and key points, how about the 2016 Packers game....

1. On our last drive where we tied it on a long FG, we picked up a 1st down and were moving and had GB on their heels. And what does Garrett do? Calls a fucking spike. Kills all sense of momentum, we lose a down and are now behind the chains. You should have had 2 plays called and got up and called it and kept moving. Next play was a dumb ass short pass that went nowhere and boom, we go from 1st and 10 and moving to win that game to now 3rd and long. Settled for 3. Never saw the ball again.

2. On GB's final drive to win it, right before the play that killed us, someone came off the edge and had a clear shot on Rodgers. He laid a good pop on him and the fucker did not fumble at all. We had a player standing there for an easy scoop and score had he fumbled.

3. Both of Crosby's FGs looked missed off his leg. He had some crazy ass hook on both of them. Remember, when we tied the game the first time, they tried a 56yd FG. It looked bad off the leg and then hooked in. We get the ball back after that miss, we could of put that game away.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And since we are on divisional round failures and key points, how about the 2016 Packers game....

1. On our last drive where we tied it on a long FG, we picked up a 1st down and were moving and had GB on their heels. And what does Garrett do? Calls a fucking spike. Kills all sense of momentum, we lose a down and are now behind the chains. You should have had 2 plays called and got up and called it and kept moving. Next play was a dumb ass short pass that went nowhere and boom, we go from 1st and 10 and moving to win that game to now 3rd and long. Settled for 3. Never saw the ball again.

2. On GB's final drive to win it, right before the play that killed us, someone came off the edge and had a clear shot on Rodgers. He laid a good pop on him and the fucker did not fumble at all. We had a player standing there for an easy scoop and score had he fumbled.

3. Both of Crosby's FGs looked missed off his leg. He had some crazy ass hook on both of them. Remember, when we tied the game the first time, they tried a 56yd FG. It looked bad off the leg and then hooked in. We get the ball back after that miss, we could of put that game away.

Seems like we've got some payback to dish out to the Packers

• Hook 'Em 1

So how are we feeling after this week? 

This was the Raiders game all over again. Another home loss. Another shitty offense for too long. Had to play catch up and too little too late. Throw in some shitty officiating and it's another loss. To a team we might see in 2 weeks. Defense didn't make any real plays and allowed Murray and this offense to constantly get points on drives that had no business getting points. Coaching was bad. Just an all around bad game. Had every fucking thing in front of us. Win out and we most likely get the 2 seed. That gives us a guaranteed 2 home games in the playoffs. And we come out and lay that kind of egg. Hell, how are going to look like next week in Philly? Another QB who can use his legs to kill you. On the road. And while not a great team, they are looking to make a statement going into the playoffs. We could see them as well in a few weeks depending on how things play out. 

I feel like you cut the suckass kicker who was an integral part to the loss (there were many others but his mistake is the most obvious on the scoreboard) If nothing else just to make a fucking point but probably more importantly you can't go into the playoffs with that unreliable jackass.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, that’s why I usually don’t get excited about the Cowboys. Every time I do, which isn’t often, they lay a great big turd. Back to expecting them to lose in the first round and finding a team to cheer for in the Super Bowl.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I feel like you cut the suckass kicker who was an integral part to the loss (there were many others but his mistake is the most obvious on the scoreboard) If nothing else just to make a fucking point but probably more importantly you can't go into the playoffs with that unreliable jackass.  

If we were to do this, is anyone out there available worth a damn? What happened to the guy we brought in either last year or the year before when Greg was injured. All his kicks looked really good.

Playoff games are generally close and missed kicks are a huge kick in the nuts. Missed points and the other team gets good field position right after. Huge shifts in momentum. And he doesn't just miss FGs, it's even the XP's. He's a fucking beating now.

Call me crazy but I think in two weeks we beat Arizona like a drum. We have the tape and the horses to go again and win. Classic “hard to beat someone twice in a season” scenario like the time the Giants beat us in the playoffs after we beat them a few weeks before in regular season.

That said, would take a sports miracle and a just a pure heater of a playoff run (think: Eagles in 2017 with Foles) to win it all— we are way too inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

If we were to do this, is anyone out there available worth a damn? What happened to the guy we brought in either last year or the year before when Greg was injured. All his kicks looked really good.

Playoff games are generally close and missed kicks are a huge kick in the nuts. Missed points and the other team gets good field position right after. Huge shifts in momentum. And he doesn't just miss FGs, it's even the XP's. He's a fucking beating now.

It can't get no worse

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Call me crazy but I think in two weeks we beat Arizona like a drum. We have the tape and the horses to go again and win. Classic “hard to beat someone twice in a season” scenario like the time the Giants beat us in the playoffs after we beat them a few weeks before in regular season.

That said, would take a sports miracle and a just a pure heater of a playoff run (think: Eagles in 2017 with Foles) to win it all— we are way too inconsistent.

I don't think we have an answer for the ewok and I don't think these guys give much of a fuck and they play like it a lot.  no one really inspires the team it appears.  they play flat as shit all the time when not playing the little sisters of the poor. 

was really pissed at Quinn for not bringing heat on the last drive.  you had to bring enough to cut off the lanes for the ewok and hope he missed throws.

Dak is top half of the league type QB, too many shitty throws, but that contract is gonna kill us along with zeke's.  we have passive as fuck WR's and we never try to go deep. 

We'll see if the D can play out of their minds.  I think they have potential to and its basically our only chance.

Additionally, the shine is off Moore IMO. he had a couple of nice calls today but that was it.

38 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I don't think we have an answer for the ewok and I don't think these guys give much of a fuck and they play like it a lot.  no one really inspires the team it appears.  they play flat as shit all the time when not playing the little sisters of the poor. 

was really pissed at Quinn for not bringing heat on the last drive.  you had to bring enough to cut off the lanes for the ewok and hope he missed throws.

Dak is top half of the league type QB, too many shitty throws, but that contract is gonna kill us along with zeke's.  we have passive as fuck WR's and we never try to go deep. 

We'll see if the D can play out of their minds.  I think they have potential to and its basically our only chance.

Additionally, the shine is off Moore IMO. he had a couple of nice calls today but that was it.

Disagree in that I think we gameplanned and contained Kyler pretty well-- a couple plays here or there and it's a turnover for us (e.g. helmet catch on fake punt, Kearse INT, etc.). I think we did well against him until Kliff broke out the option run which we clearly didn't game plan for and expect and which was a great coaching move because nothing else on the ground was working for AZ with QB & RB all game.

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

OK: you’re crazy.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This was the Raiders game all over again. Another home loss. Another shitty offense for too long. Had to play catch up and too little too late. Throw in some shitty officiating and it's another loss. To a team we might see in 2 weeks. 

Pshhh. There aint no consolation bracket in this tournament!

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Say what you want about PFF, but this is the reason Diggs gets the grade he gets from them. Turnovers aren’t a predictive stat. In a lot of ways it’s out of your control. 

I love Diggs and his ball hawking ability, but that’s not great, Bob. 

How would you even measure that? Like seriously, what a stupid and meaningless stat. They have no way of knowing who a defender's assignment is on a given play. Is the person who Diggs is supposed to be guarding getting those yards? Is he supposed to have safety help? Or is he just the nearest guy to the play and getting blamed?

I can think of the Patriots play that he gets blamed for that went 75 yards but really the safety got in the way of him making a play. I can remember an outstanding catch made by a Washington WR, Sims i think, there's 45 yards right there. So 2 plays accounts for over 100 yards? And on those plays i would not say he was out of position or getting beat.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Starts with the o line. Can’t run the ball against anyone. 2yards avg is a drag race into a brick wall in the nfl. The line has Zack Martin and the rest are old, broke, or shitty. It’s on the o line and on zeke.

These wrs can’t break press coverage. We don’t pressure reliably. Why is vanderesch on the field? He’s as bad as Jaylon smith.

Dak has terrible mechanics. Something is wrong.

Zuerline. Fucking cut him tomorrow.

Gallup out. Been a tough year for him. Maybe he stays on a one year prove it deal, but likely gone.

4 hours ago, youdunnf&#x27;dup said:

Say what you want about PFF, but this is the reason Diggs gets the grade he gets from them. Turnovers aren’t a predictive stat. In a lot of ways it’s out of your control. 

I love Diggs and his ball hawking ability, but that’s not great, Bob. 

Yeah, I've kind of thought of him as a feast-or-famine guy this year. I love the takeaways but I felt like there was a stretch where he was overly aggressive going for a pick and getting burned for a big play. The idea that some were saying he's in the running for DPOY along with Parsons is crazy. Parsons definitely deserves it.