Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

41 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

And no coaches will come here if you fire a respected guy in year one. But please do continue with y'all's irrational meltdown. 

There is nothing irrational about it. This is a pivotal moment for our program. We can mitigate the disaster or make rationalizations for why we can ride it until the firing. 

I say F--- every 9.95er in the Texas sports universe who sold Sark as a hire to the fan base.  At the announcement I knew this was a bad hire.  He is a nobody who has done nothing.   But these assholes kept saying how great of a mind he was and celebrated, celebrated his hire of PK.  The staff is dogshit.  The roster is dogshit too.  But Kansas roster is double dogshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

If sark loses out, hes definitelt getting canned in december

Doesn’t matter. The culture is established. These guys guys are Turtles, who learned to lose from Strong who learned from Mack’s worse years. Sarks guys will learn from the worsts worst worst.

Not only does Texas get everybody’s shot because of their reputation for the last 8 decades…but they aren’t any good nor have they ever looked good since the McCoy days

Saban is literally the only guy I can think of that could fix this is under 4 years. We’re looking at 6+. We know sark sucks and the poor guy who gets this mess will get 2 seasons before Texas fans will be calling for his head. Maybe he’d at least beat Kansas

24 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It is one of the worst points in program history. No doubt. But the best way to maintain that is to keep recruiting transition classes and then blaming the current coaches for the failures of the previous ones. 

This staff already had their transition year mulligan. This will be the second transition year. And then the one where we actually fire this horrible staff. How many does Sarkisian get. How much deeper can he dig the hole?

Just now, Horn Dogg said:

Does anybody honestly see this thing turning around under Sark?  If not, then don’t waste the next couple of years and move the fuck on.

He's clearly not getting fired after year 1. So, if we see him fire PK and his strength coach and make two great hires, possibly

12 seasons, 4 coaches, four athletic directors, three school presidents.  Constant top 15 recruiting classes.  

I mean, Sark sucks.  But I said it before.  It’s Austin.  I love Austin.  But it’s Austin.  

Well, despite what you heard 2021 Austin.

Ohhhh there is a cool sushi restaurant now? Fuck off.

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

12 seasons, 4 coaches, four athletic directors, three school presidents.  Constant top 15 recruiting classes.  

I mean, Sark sucks.  But I said it before.  It’s Austin.  I love Austin.  But it’s Austin.  

Can we give this team to the University of Austin and start over?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

If he doesn’t get fired because we decide we can’t afford to buy him out after 1 year I could understand that.  But if we think there’s a fucking chance in hell he can turn the program around, he should be fired today because Sark building this program ain’t happening. 

It comes down to what costs more, his buyout or having the Texas football program and the Texas fan base go into hibernation for 2 more years until there is a reason to be excited about the program again?  

Edited by Lhorn

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

He's clearly not getting fired after year 1. So, if we see him fire PK and his strength coach and make two great hires, possibly

Do you think Sark can lead Texas to a national championship?  I’m seeing Charlie Strong level game management and coaching here, what’s the fucking point of hanging on other than “that’s how we have always done it?”

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He’s not getting fired after 1 season. 

But he best clean house this offseason and burn this program to the ground to rebuild it from scratch. 

But wasn’t his staff supposed to be the reason why he was a good hire?  The idea that he would bring along his Bama buddies and a DC with an impeccable resume? 

4 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I've heard this argument, but you can't tell me Vince Young and that squad was eschewing partying and 6th Street during their time on the 40.

Just now, Horn Dogg said:

Do you think Sark can lead Texas to a national championship?  I’m seeing Charlie Strong level game management and coaching here, what’s the fucking point of hanging on other than “that’s how we have always done it?”

Like I said, perhaps. He would need the right compliment of assistant coaches. We all thought this was an all-star cast, but we were wrong. He needs a tough ass DC like a Muschamp to play the bad cop to his player's coach good cop.  He's clearly a great offensive mind. Can he pull the other parts together, well we'll see because you're fucking kidding yourself if you think he'll be fired this year or next

21 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I doubt he can, but he has no choice not to. If he doesn’t, might as well fire him after the first loss next year and save the time. 

Or now. There’s nothing to be gained by him coaching another game here. It will just be lost time and money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

That is a tall fucking order. 

He's inept and won't fucking doing it. 

PK is garbage and Sark would do himself a favor by firing him,  or at least demoting him tonight and go out and get the best interim DC you can get.  Shit, Muschamp is an analyst at Georgia, offer him big bucks to come fix this shit, or at least make it way less embarassing...

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

If he doesn’t get fired because we decide we can’t afford to buy him out after 1 year I could understand that.  But if we think there’s a fucking chance in hell he can turn the program around, he should be fired today because Sark building this program ain’t happening. 

It comes down to what costs more, his buyout or having the Texas football program and the Texas fan base go into hibernation for 2 more years until there is a reason to be excited about the program again?  

That new SEZ might get people fired up.

Wait.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

You don't recover from losing to Kansas. Waiting 2+ more years to fire him only lets the corpse rot further. 

Yeah I just can’t see him being able to bring talent to this catastrophe of a program.  Not after losing 7 straight including Kansas at home.  Once that hope is lost the HC is done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?