Plundering, pillaging, and ransacking: your resource for looting

Enchubben

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Dunno if the cops will be much good.

I had some staff on the ground in NOLA in the aftermath of Katrina. A couple of them were out after curfew and got caught by a cop. The cop took them for the cash that was in their wallets.

wVbkv6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just wanted to have a theoretical discussion about the best looting strategy.  I have no intention to actually loot.  I also don’t know much about video games, not my thing, but they seem to be in-demand items that aren’t too bulky and cumbersome.

Foot Locker received millions in insurance payouts after last summer, so maybe start there?

15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

If its groceries... I just can't go after people for that kind of stuff. 

I don't think anyone has a problem with people breaking into a grocery store for food, water, batteries, etc. during an event like this.  Probably not even illegal if the legal defense of justification applies.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Super hard to believe sheriffs deputies would give you absolutely terrible legal advice. Wait. No, it’s perfectly on brand.

One night about 9 years ago when my daughter was an infant, I was sitting outside on my front porch waiting for the night nurse to show up. My wife was asleep and both kids were asleep, so I was waiting outside in the dark so the night nurse would not ring the doorbell and wake up the whole house (dog would bark like an imbecile).

Anyway, I see a black man walking down the street checking cars to see if they are locked.  I go inside and grab my AR and call the cops.  When gets to my truck in the driveway and tries the handle, I am about 30 feet away.  I yell loudly, "what the fuck are you doing."  He hauls ass down the street.  I sit there and wait for the cops to show up and give them his description.  They see my AR leaned up against the wall on the porch and told me I should have just done the world a favor and shot the guy.  Yeah, that would've been smart. Cops don't always give the best legal advice.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They see my AR leaned up against the wall on the porch and told me I should have just done the world a favor and shot the guy.  Yeah, that would've been smart. Cops don't always give the best legal advice.

In their defense, the guy was black.  You got a nice bit of insight into how the cop mind works.  It's not a pretty sight.

14 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I know a few of the 80 some-odd idiots fairly well that stayed in Port A during Hurricane Harvey. The next day she found this scene at the liquor store across from IGA. She went across the street and got a cart at IGA and filled it up. I don’t really blame her.

C041C91F-3D40-4730-94A0-1928A53FB32D.jpeg

shouldve stole a magnifying glass as well

• Haha 2

Why is a white guy looting?  That can't be right.  

Also curious, what's more likely to wake up a baby---a doorbell ringing or an AR-15 popping off a few rounds?  

Sounds like if you just yell, 'What are you doing?', crisis averted, babies asleep, nobody has to die over a yeti mug and car charger. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Also curious, what's more likely to wake up a baby---a doorbell ringing or an AR-15 popping off a few rounds?  

Sounds like if you just yell, 'What are you doing?', crisis averted, babies asleep, nobody has to die over a yeti mug and car charger. 

I only had it in case he wanted to get jerky after I called him out.  I had it in my lap and was locked in loaded in case he made a move. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not the looter that was a woman. he’s stocking the shelves for when the locals come back. Seriously, TABC made them pour all of that out. Everyone stood around watching and laughing/crying.

• Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

So, let’s talk strategy.  If I decided to be a looter, not to feed my family, but just to get my loot on, what establishments should I target?  I’m guessing the jewelry stores clear out the store if a big hurricane is inbound.  You can only realistically carry 2 large TVs, not much bang for the buck there.  If I could get my hands on a few cases of the right booze, that might be a good option.  I think I would do my best to locate PlayStations and Xboxes.  Thoughts?

First spot to hit is your liquor store.  You'll finally get all that alcohol you can't afford.  If you see red lights flashing, it's time to retire.  Turn that liquor store into a structure fire.

Next stop to hit is the music shop.  It'll just take one brick to make that window drop.  Finally you'll get your own P.A.  Then we can hear that guitar you'll be playing today.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

One night about 9 years ago when my daughter was an infant, I was sitting outside on my front porch waiting for the night nurse to show up. My wife was asleep and both kids were asleep, so I was waiting outside in the dark so the night nurse would not ring the doorbell and wake up the whole house (dog would bark like an imbecile).

Anyway, I see a black man walking down the street checking cars to see if they are locked.  I go inside and grab my AR and call the cops.  When gets to my truck in the driveway and tries the handle, I am about 30 feet away.  I yell loudly, "what the fuck are you doing."  He hauls ass down the street.  I sit there and wait for the cops to show up and give them his description.  They see my AR leaned up against the wall on the porch and told me I should have just done the world a favor and shot the guy.  Yeah, that would've been smart. Cops don't always give the best legal advice.

Maybe not. Iirc back somewhere in 04 to 06 there was a guy walking back from the paramount to his pay car park on Congress and saw a guy trying to get into his car from a distance. Before he could get there the potential thief gave up and walked away. Guy ran after him and shot him in the back a block away from his car and didn’t get charged. 

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

What kind of shitty thread is this?  I came in here looking for tips on the best places to grab some stuff.  Completely useless.

My suggestion is to try New Orleans. I hear there may be some opportunities there. The fat bubbas with guns are cowards, pay them no attention. Might not even bother you if you're the right hue.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

jesus christ.

i mean, i live in a not too terrible neighborhood, and the facebook group will post some videos of dudes trying car doors. it would never occur to me to come outside with my 9mm or shotgun and confront the dude. our cars are locked and there ain't nothing in there anyways. even if they wanted the car, i'm not going out there blasting. my car is not worth my life, or, frankly, the person trying to steal it.

but yeah, those cops...they saw you and your privilege, and accorded you what they thought they owed you. do you think they would have told a black dude with a gun in any neighborhood the same thing?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ.

i mean, i live in a not too terrible neighborhood, and the facebook group will post some videos of dudes trying car doors. it would never occur to me to come outside with my 9mm or shotgun and confront the dude. our cars are locked and there ain't nothing in there anyways. even if they wanted the car, i'm not going out there blasting. my car is not worth my life, or, frankly, the person trying to steal it.

but yeah, those cops...they saw you and your privilege, and accorded you what they thought they owed you. do you think they would have told a black dude with a gun in any neighborhood the same thing?

My truck had been broken into twice, and I was tired of it. I wasn't going to shoot him for fucking with my truck or even if he smashed my window and I had to get it replaced for a third time.  I did not come out blasting either.  I would have only shot him if he came at me when I called him out for coming on my property at night and touching my property.  That would be on him, not me. 

As to what some cop I do not know would say to some hypothetical black man, I can't say. Not sure how that is relevant to the shitty legal advice they attempted to give me. Maybe they would have given the black guy the proper legal advice that you don't really want to shoot someone for checking door handles.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

a) it would never occur to me to kill someone breaking into my car. 

b) always keep your garage door opener in your house and not in your car. And keep that door locked from your garage to your house.

c) if you have a Ford 150 truck (I have stories)

Me neither.  It's why I did not shoot the man.

I put a gate in after this incident and now park behind the gate.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ.

Take this shit to the CR.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My truck had been broken into twice, and I was tired of it. I wasn't going to shoot him for fucking with my truck or even if he smashed my window and I had to get it replaced for a third time.  I did not come out blasting either.  I would have only shot him if he came at me when I called him out for coming on my property at night and touching my property.  That would be on him, not me. 

As to what some cop I do not know would say to some hypothetical black man, I can't say. Not sure how that is relevant to the shitty legal advice they attempted to give me. Maybe they would have given the black guy the proper legal advice that you don't really want to shoot someone for checking door handles.

i mean, he was touching your property. 

but yeah, i want to make peace and say that, yeah, you might be in a striped jumpsuit in a courtroom if you shot a guy in your driveway. those cops were shit.

30 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I put a gate in after this incident and now park behind the gate.

That's a very high level strategy.  I like it.  You installed a gate.  And you then parked your vehicle behind the gate.  Had you not mentioned that second part, I would just picture this gate to your driveway with your truck sitting out in the street.  I once installed some doors with locks on my home to prevent break-ins.  And we now sleep behind the doors as opposed to the old way.  I always get great safety tips on this site.

24 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Local rats had a hell of a hurricane after party.

it was crazy. Roof gone, all the walls gone but the shelves were fairly intact and well over half the bottles were fine.

That's the closest thing to a miracle I think I've ever seen.

19 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

When we were down boat-rescuing people during Harvey, the Sheriff’s dept told us that if we were fired upon to fire back without regard, and if we witnessed looting to fire without impunity 

I launched a duck boat at Briar Forest/Wilcrest area to go help some friends on the Bayou. I’m not a big pistol guy, so I had the only one I owned at the time, a little five shot .38 revolver.   Launched the boat in the street, parked truck, and went about our business.  Upon return, I realized I had made an unplanned donation.  A gentleman from the (now decrepit apts) on Lakeside Estates was in the process of walking my trailer down the street.  Dude didn’t even have a busted apt to live in any longer, but really needed that new aluminum duck boat trailer. Luckily we had a pretty big group and it was just him, so he gtfo pretty quick when we hollered and gave chase. But he had it a good 50-75yrds down the road.   100 people on the street just watching it happen. Loaded the boat up and went home.  I had no intention or want to use the gun, but when brazen theft like that is rampant, who knows what else could happen (things worse than theft).  

ETA: there were police at the next intersection. Guess they didn’t think it was odd for a man to be humping a trailer down the middle of the road. useless af. 

Edited by fattyflattie

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I launched a duck boat at Briar Forest/Wilcrest area to go help some friends on the Bayou. I’m not a big pistol guy, so I had the only one I owned at the time, a little five shot .38 revolver.   Launched the boat in the street, parked truck, and went about our business.  Upon return, I realized I had made an unplanned donation.  A gentleman from the (now decrepit apts) on Lakeside Estates was in the process of walking my trailer down the street.  Dude didn’t even have a busted apt to live in any longer, but really needed that new aluminum duck boat trailer. Luckily we had a pretty big group and it was just him, so he gtfo pretty quick when we hollered and gave chase. But he had it a good 50-75yrds down the road.   100 people on the street just watching it happen. Loaded the boat up and went home.  I had no intention or want to use the gun, but when brazen theft like that is rampant, who knows what else could happen (things worse than theft).  

ETA: there were police at the next intersection. Guess they didn’t think it was odd for a man to be humping a trailer down the middle of the road. useless af. 

Where we put in, there were people trying to commandeer boats that were out trying to help rescue people.  SOme of the pirated vessels were then rolling up and robbing people trying to be rescued.  It was a pretty intense situation especially because we were using our boat as a ferry from swifter moving waters to dry land areas (smaller boats would pick people up and bring them to our boat)  

• Rage+1 1