Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

HEY TED CRUZ WENT TO PRINCETON AND HARVARD WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL TOUGH GUY?  

Somewhere where I had plenty of time to learn to throw a baitcaster after class. (Actually I learned when I was about 10, but my grandfather was a hard ass like that. Made me fix my own backlashes, too)

You see, a lot of people would have you believe that the Birthplace of Texas was Washington-on-the-Brazos in 1836.  

What Allen West's Gonzalez/Gonzales 1835 book suggests is, "What if it wasn't?"  /wildcatwildcat

6 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Public opinion favors masking, vaccines, and is against the draconian abortion bill. If I were Beto, I’d be trying to make the election about Covid and the bounty system bullshit. Throw in failure to protect the electric grid for good measure. There’s a winning message out there for Dems in TX, but companies like Apple need to start speaking out about the women’s rights issues. If people think Abbott’s social policies may negatively impact the economy, it’s got a better shot of resonating with more voters. 

it’s still probably too steep a hill to climb. I bet Abbott wins with something like 57% of the vote. 

I'd really like to know what messages the TDP needs to be putting out.  What is short and succinct and shows that's it's ok to be a Texas Dem?  Not that the party is great right now, but there is just no message out there.    Everything is reactive  and not proactive.  The TRP has a game plan, and they have some big money behind it right now.   Even when you get your messaging right, especially in the rural areas the media or papers won't carry it.  Social media is no go, since broadband is so sketchy.   Any ideas would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

And I'd bet money that's the Texas Democratic party take on it. It's a loser mentality. Abbott has made Texas free for the taking from the top down.  Get someone who has a chance and let Beto support them and campaign for them. Down ballot is great, but flipping the Governor seat changes the narrative completely for years to come. If they can't formulate a strategy to beat Abbott given all the ammunition they have been given by Abbott himself how are they ever going to get over the hump??

It's rather telling there is no strategy now that should be fighting back.  

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't know.....he got people drunk and then let them climb the moontower, and that's pretty f'n dangerous.

But the bongo lapel pins will be collector's items!

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

With Trump doing a little campaigning for him, he won with less than 56% in 2018 against no-name Lupe Valdez from Dallas.

A lot has changed since then, and a competent Democrat should be able to narrow that substantially, especially given that Abbott abandoned moderates and independents to chase after MAGA.

That is what they are afraid of and what was driving SB1.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I'd really like to know what messages the TDP needs to be putting out.  What is short and succinct and shows that's it's ok to be a Texas Dem?  Not that the party is great right now, but there is just no message out there.    Everything is reactive  and not proactive.  The TRP has a game plan, and they have some big money behind it right now. 

Yep.  TDP is reactive, TRP is proactive, and we know what wins in politics.

Democrats need to stop worrying about who they will upset.  They need to get out there and be willing to piss off people and have the attitude of "fuck 'em, they weren't going to vote for us and they are trying to shit all over our constituents, so we don't give a shit if we piss them off!"

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

That is what they are afraid of and what was driving SB1.  

And I have the feeling that Abbott's data people crunched the numbers and looked at the polling and decided the Democrats were too weak/disorganized to chase after the moderates/independents that Abbott is driving away, and so he can risk pissing them off while chasing down the MAGA crowd.

It's a very risky game that Abbott is playing - he is counting on the Dems to not run a candidate with name recognition, and he is counting on them to be disorganized.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

The dems totally fucked up with Hispanics in the valley and even in all the cities in 2020. No personal outreach due to Covid and I bet got killed on Spanish language radio ads. Republicans are smart that way.

Could they make the same mistake again in 2022? Of course. But assuming they will again is no certain thing. They need to learn from the mistakes of 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Tarrant, Williamson and hays county all voted for Biden in 2020. You guys that think Beto can’t ever win are well, not looking at the trends. I bet a lot of republicans assholes in Arizona in the past thought the same thing. 

If that new map gets finalized, are voters in Williamson County willing to drive to College Station to vote? Cause CS and the eastern part will have 90% of the polling locations and the western part of the district will probably have one, maybe two. Take that libtard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If that new map gets finalized, are voters in Williamson County willing to drive to College Station to vote? Cause CS and the eastern part will have 90% of the polling locations and the western part of the district will probably have one, maybe two. Take that libtard.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Texas state senate, which won’t flip to the dems for a very long time. That sucks but not much can be done about it. 

I am talking about statewide voting, which right now the republicans control 100 percent. But they won’t in the future, it’s a dying party. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Is there serious candidate for the Democratic Party nomination - other than Beto? 

Didn't he do well in the RGV (please correct me)?

I don't think he did. From what I remember he didn't put a lot of effort into targeting the RGV.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Is Ted fishing in my leather-weave belt from freshmen year of high school?  nothing says sportsmen like being outfitted by "The Gap:  Angler Edition"  

I'm betting the campaign maximum donation amount that it's looped over itself up front in early 90's style.  

You native Texan gun-owning badasses must be so proud of your fellow Alpha-male tough guy.  Seriously, you guys ever get sick of being so weak?  

You think that belt is 10 feet long?

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

It’s estimated that 64% of Texans don’t own guns. The ways we’re portrayed, I think most people would be surprised…

I mean, a large portion of Texans can’t own guns (too young, felon, etc).  So the number you give of people owning guns actually seems higher than I expected. 

Edited by Xian

Wouldn’t hurt.  Just a good ol boy with 9 figure in-laws and an Ivy League education, out here enjoying this Texas holiday. I’m sure no one will see thru more of his bullshit. 

Wut

Let’s compare.

Beto O’Rourke
-Native Texan
-Ivy league education
-Son of a local politician/realtor and a furniture store owner, married rich

Ted Cruz
-Immigrant Cuban father, Texan by way of Canada
-Ivy league education
-Parents owned a company in the oil and gas industry

Greg Abbott
-Native Texan
-Educated at UT and Vandy
-Parents - homemaker and stockbroker/insurance salesman

Ken Paxton
-born in North Dakota, At various times, lived in Florida, New York, North Carolina, California, and Oklahoma.
-Educated at Baylor and UVA
-Parents - military
-Wife - politician

Dan Patrick
-Native Marylander
-Educated at U of Maryland
-Failed radio, television, and media personality
-Married middle class

John Cornyn
-Native Texan
-Military family - father was a colonel
-Educated at Trinity, Saint Mary’s, and UVA
-Wife is a political operative

If Beto is just a “vacationing Texan”, he’s in fantastic company.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, Bama Chick said:

If Beto is just a “vacationing Texan”, he’s in fantastic company.

I don’t believe he’s a “vacationing Texan”. I believe he’s a disingenuous prick, but that’s neither here nor there.  That response was  to someone suggesting he doll himself up for dove season and become one of the good ole boys from Texas.  That’s not who he is, and I think it would be just as stupid as when those other idiots do it (Cruz fishing? gtfo) The best thing he can do imo is stick to who he is, and limit his 180* positions on issues that are important to many Texans, like he did with guns.  

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The best thing he can do imo is stick to who he is, and limit his 180* positions on issues that are important to many Texans, like he did with guns.  

Are folks not permitted to change their beliefs when their beliefs collide with reality? 

I wonder if he had changed from being in favor of gun restrictions, and then changed his mind to favor expanded magazine capacity, for example, would you feel the same way? (Maybe a herd of feral hogs kill his dogs).

Wasn't the mass murder at Walmart part of his change of heart?

27 minutes ago, Xian said:

I mean, a large portion of Texans can’t own guns (too young, felon, etc).  So the number you give of people owning guns actually seems higher than I expected. 

When one makes the distinction between owning and possessing guns, is it really?

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Love when republicans assume that democrats are just like the ratfucks they vote for.

Stonekettle published a piece today that spoke to your point.

Spoiler

You can't trust the government! 

Sep%2B20-1.png

You can't trust big pharma! 

You can't trust for-profit business!

But most of all, you can't trust government!

I'm not anti-vax per se, buuuuuut you can't trust ...

Right? 

First thing in my feed this morning is Sarah Palin looking like she's about two weeks into her third Rehab, doing some interview, wait, people still interview Sarah Palin, why? She was describing how she's not anti-vax per se mind you, but she's not vaccinated for reasons that sounded a lot like if you took the text of a Trump COVID speech and had it transcribed by a monkey working its way through a couple tabs of acid. 

Do your own research, she says.

And, of course, you just can't trust the government. 

I mean, this what I hear from both Republican politicians and right-wing anti-vaxxers.  You just can't trust the government. You can't trust Big Pharma. You can't trust anybody.

They'll trust some anonymous troll on the Internet. 

They'll trust their idiot uncle or some blowhard pundit or that one blonde with the big tits on Fox News. 

They'll listen to some rap star who's got a cousin who knows a guy with swollen nuts. 

But you just can't trust the government, you know, man? 

These people they couldn't wait for Trump's Warp Speed vaccination. He's so smart, he's so handsome, he knows what he's doing, he knows more than the doctors ... well, according to Trump anyway. 

But the minute Trump was out of office they stopped believing in that vaccine and so did Trump. 

You can't trust the government says Trump, and he should know, shouldn't he? 

We'll come back to that. 

Don't trust the government say people who blindly take every word Donald Trump says, no matter how bizarre, insane, or obviously wrong it is, as gospel. 

This has become Republican ideology, you can't trust the government. It's literally the only thing they believe in. 

And why? 

Why can't you trust the government? 

Well, I mean, look at history. 

Richard Nixon, for example. That guy didn't just lie his way into office, he actually colluded with Henry Kissinger -- who betrayed the administration he was supposed to be working for -- who sent Kissinger's pal Anna Chennault to sabotage the Paris Peace talks and prolong the Vietnam war so that Nixon could get elected. That little maneuver prolonged the war by years and cost us another 20,000 American lives. And then the greasy son of bitch committed even more crimes to get re-elected and got caught. And was impeached. And then resigned. 

See? You can't trust government.  

Sep%2B20-3.png

But I know people to this day, who think Nixon didn't do anything wrong. Or, well, okay, maybe he did, but hey, you wouldn't have wanted a liberal in office would you? And not just a liberal, but George McGovern! 

Better a crook than a fucking hippy, right? 

Or how about Reagan? You'd never guess the people who worked for Nixon and pulled his strings were right there doing the same for Ronald Reagan a few years later, would you? Same people backdoored Jimmy Carter with Iran just like they did in Paris. All's fair in love and war. Anything to get elected. But, then once Reagan was in office he had to make good on that deal. So, he sold weapons to our enemies and financed a secret illegal war in Central America. And when it all went sideways he charmingly forgot everything, left Ollie North to take the fall, and CIA director William Casey died before he could be subpoenaed. How convenient! 

Man, you just can't trust that government. 

Sep%2B20-2.png

Still, as crooked as Reagan was, maybe even up to committing actual no shit treason by selling weapons to our enemies, man, you know, he loved America! Hero. Cowboy. Man's man. A real president. Better than that wimp, Jimmy Carter. I mean, sure, Carter actually lives the life Americans claim to admire, honest, humble, truthful, hardworking, godly, selfless... 

Reagan might have been a senile traitor, but you wouldn't want Carter, would you?

Well, at least George H. W. Bush was a decent guy, right? Never mind he was Chairman of the Republican National Committee during the worse years of the Nixon Administration, literally in charge of the GOP's Dirty Tricks operations when "ratfucking" actually became an accepted mainstream political term. Or that as such, he tried to use that position to influence the corruption investigations of Spiro Agnew and later Nixon himself. Or that part where he was the head of the CIA running Operation Condor and directly assisting military dictatorships in Central America. And those ratfuckers who were behind Nixon and Reagan? Guess who George put in charge of everything? Yeah, but in fairness, he kinda owed them. Anyway, the guy who promised not to raise your taxes did anyway. 

Can't trust government, right? 

Sep%2B20-4.png

Couple years later and it's George W. Bush and who was it pulling the strings? You guessed it. Same old dirty ratfuckers from the Nixon Administration, same ones who worked for his dad, name for name. And sure enough, they lied us into two wars that would go on for 20 years and cost us another generation -- and that was maybe the least horrible thing that came out of that administration of secret laws and waterboarding and indefinite detention and rendition and ... well, you get the idea. 

You just can't trust these people. 

Sep%2B20-5.png

But hey, at least we didn't end up with that stiff, Al Gore, right? Mr. "I invented the Internet." Boring!That guy couldn't commit a crime if you gave him a thousand bucks in cash and dropped him off in Vegas at the Adult Video Network Awards after-party. 

And then they elected Trump. 

The you-can't-trust-government crowd elected the single least trustworthy human being in America.

Maybe the world.

This guy broke every promise he made -- and then lied about it right to our faces. 

This guy lied about every minute of every day he was in office, clumsy stupid lies like a child would tell -- and then he went golfing and lied about that. 

This guy hired crooks and liars and grifters and they proceeded to steal, lie, and grift -- and they didn't even try to hide it, they're still doing it. 

And all the while, Republicans cheered. 

Ha ha, they sneered like mean rotten brats. Cry more, liberals! Owned! Fuck your feelings! 

They were proud of it. 

And now? 

Now they say, well, you know, you just can't trust government. 

Sep%2B20-6.png

Well, no shit

When you keep electing worse and worse people, crooks and traitors and imbeciles, sometimes all at once, when you repeatedly elect people who are patently untrustworthy and you know they are untrustworthy, well no shit you can't trust them

Look, I'm not trying to say that the other side is all that great either. Lyndon Johnson lied us into Vietnam with that Gulf of Tonkin bullshit. And Bill Clinton, well, yeah, I'm not going to defend Bill Clinton. But Obama was as upright a president as we've likely ever had, with the exception of Carter. None of them were perfect, but at least they didn't sell weapons to our enemies or attempt an insurrection or tell people to inject bleach for fuck's sake.

And at least Democrats believe in good government -- even if they often fall short.  

Not only do Republicans not believe in good government, they actively hate government altogether. 

Reagan himself said it: "government isn't the solution, government is the problem" -- and then America elected him and he proceeded to prove it. 

And Republicans have been proving it ever since. 

We have to stop electing people to run government who don't believe in government. 

We have to stop electing people to run America who don't believe that America is for everyone. 

We have to stop electing people to run government who think government is the problem. 

We have to stop electing people who don't believe in democracy. 

You don't trust government? Then stop electing people you can't trust. 

In America, if you can't trust your government, well that's more a reflection on Americans than it is on government. 

If you want a better nation, you have to better a better citizen. 

https://www.stonekettle.com/2021/09/recap-september-20-2021.html?m=1

He’s secured his server, btw.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Are folks not permitted to change their beliefs when their beliefs collide with reality? 

I wonder if he had changed from being in favor of gun restrictions, and then changed his mind to favor expanded magazine capacity, for example, would you feel the same way? (Maybe a herd of feral hogs kill his dogs).

Wasn't the mass murder at Walmart part of his change of heart?

They absolutely are.  It's a sign of intelligence, which he has in spades.

I might.  But I'd listen.  "You're damn right I'm taking your AR15", yeah go fuck yourself.

Yes, the mass murder at WM was the trigger.  Which makes some sense, as it was his locality.  But then I ask, Sandy hook happened, and you were OK?  Countless others and you were OK?  Happens at your house and now you want to make an emotional change to one of the tenements of our country?  That speaks to me like someone who doesn't have the emotional capacity to lead (at the time) the country.  So do I believe he was "pro 2nd" as he stated when he was running for gov, with dozens of tragedies over the last decade?  Or do I believe hes that emotionally fragile?  Not really a good choice either way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I might.  But I'd listen.  "You're damn right I'm taking your AR15", yeah go fuck yourself.

Yes, the mass murder at WM was the trigger.  Which makes some sense, as it was his locality.  But then I ask, Sandy hook happened, and you were OK?  Countless others and you were OK?  Happens at your house and now you want to make an emotional change to one of the tenements of our country?  That speaks to me like someone who doesn't have the emotional capacity to lead (at the time) the country.  So do I believe he was "pro 2nd" as he stated when he was running for gov, with dozens of tragedies over the last decade?  Or do I believe hes that emotionally fragile?  Not really a good choice either way.

That’s a whole lot of questions. Also throw in some paragraphs here and there.

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I appreciate your response. Except this sentence. Because, I suppose, I am that fragile, too.

I don’t expect you to become the leader of the free world (recall this happened during his presidential run). 

For the record, even though I did not like him, I would have been so so if he would have beat Cruz.  Cruz is a fucking embarrassment, and at the time Beto seemed somewhat center (which is where I try to reside). 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I love Beto, but I will be fucking shocked if he comes within 5 points of winning. 

I would be shocked if it was more than 5 points.   Some numbers to ponder (rounded up)

• In 2018, there were 8,343,000 votes cast in the gubernatorial election.
  • Abbott beat Lupe Valdez by 1,110,000 votes with 4,656,000 votes.  
  • Lupe got 42% of the vote (3,547,000 votes) against Abbott just for having a (D) next to her name.
  • In the same 2018 election, there was 8,372,000 votes cast in the Senate election (around 30,000 more votes than the Gov's race).
  • Cruz beat Beto by 215,000 votes, 50.9% vs 48.3%, with Cruz getting 4,260,000 votes versus Beto pulling in 4,046,000 votes.
  • Beto pulled in almost 500,000 more votes than Lupe, even though only 30,000 more voted in the Senate race.
  • Biden pulled in 5,259,000 votes in 2020 - 603,000 more votes in 2020 than Abbott had in 2018.
  • Biden pulled in 1.38 million more votes in 2020 vs Hillary in 2016.

If Beto can pull in 500,000 more votes than Lupe, he gets the race very close, to within 125,000 votes.  Abbott was more popular in 2018 than Cruz was (not just because he pulled in 400,000 more votes either, his polling was better), but here in 2021 Abbott is polling much, much lower with moderates/independents than he was in 2018.

Of course, there will be around 2 million more out-of-staters who have moved into Texas since 2018, albeit many would be kids who can't vote, and plenty aren't going to give a shit about voting (based on voting in Texas in general, plus out-of-staters not caring).  Hard to say where those will break, but 2020 can't  make (R)s feel too good about things.

And that poor polling that Abbott is doing - there's been about half-a-dozen things that Abbott went full MAGA on, whether it be abortion or masking/COVID or whatever, not to mention the winter storm, which Abbott was all over trying to cast blame on make-believe bogeymen and then taking credit for "fixing it" this spring.

Basically, Abbott is front-and-center owning the abortion stuff, the mask/COVID stuff, owning that he and he alone fixed the power grid, is owning the voting restrictions being put in place, etc. etc.

That stuff that Abbott is publicly and loudly owning up to, plus Beto's organization efforts and his appeal versus Lupe Valdez, are going to make the Governor's race much closer than 2018. 

And Biden getting over 600,000 more votes than Abbott two years earlier proved there are enough Dem and Independent votes out there to beat Abbott.  It's a matter of whether Beto can get that machine going and get the votes out, and if Abbott continues fucking around and trying to find out by alienating moderates/Indies.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Abbott is planning on 2024, then he must win in 2022, and he must win convincingly - a big part of why BMDs would back a Texan (or Floridian like DeSantis) as either Prez or VP is if they will bring their respective state's electoral votes along with them.  If they can't bring their state along in a Bigly manner, they are useless and a waste of money.  They also want somebody who can keep the House from losing (R) seats in said state.

I think it's too close if Abbott acts in September of 2022 like he's doing here in September of 2021.

Makes me think he's desperate to bury Huffines how (maybe trying to make sure he doesn't go 3rd party/MAGA party by wrecking him in the primary), but will swing back to the middle come April of next year.  Maybe he thinks he can polish his MAGA credentials now, and then has enough time to devote all of his efforts to the moderates/independents next year.

Which is why we need to make sure and let that fucking Mogwai Huffines know that if Abbott beats him in the primary, it was only because Abbott and the TRP were somehow against him ("people are saying vote fraud Don, not me, but other people, I hear people chatting about how Don Huffines could have only lost because it was rigged against him, much how things were rigged against another Don, you know that's what they are saying.")

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

I wouldn’t draw any conclusions from Biden’s totals. A large part of it was due to the visceral hatred of trump, and while abbott is trying to be trump, he ain’t.

I'm just saying there are a lot of (D) voters out there, and plenty who moderates/Indies who are clearly not #MAGA all the way.  

Like I said, Abbott is fully embracing a lot of shit that is turning a lot of people off, and the polling reflects it.  He was not full-on MAGA like this back in 2018.

A lot of parents in this state are also sick of Abbott and the GOP's attempts to fuck up their schools in various ways, including trying to ban districts from doing things that will help keep schools open.  People love their kids, but they don't have time to babysit them while they are on Zoom all day.  This shit wears on parents, along with things like the ice storm, turning school board meetings into circuses, etc.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott has a 2024 staff 

If he has a 2024 staff, then that explains some of the anxiety over Huffines taking the MAGA crowd from him.  Huffines has some Trump staff backing him, he has Rand Paul backing him.

Abbott has got to have Daddy Trump's blessing, and he can't do that if he's not the most MAGA Republican on the ballot next March.

I'm just saying there are a lot of (D) voters out there, and plenty who moderates/Indies who are clearly not #MAGA all the way.  
Like I said, Abbott is fully embracing a lot of shit that is turning a lot of people off, and the polling reflects it.  He was not full-on MAGA like this back in 2018.
A lot of parents in this state are also sick of Abbott and the GOP's attempts to fuck up their schools in various ways, including trying to ban districts from doing things that will help keep schools open.  People love their kids, but they don't have time to babysit them while they are on Zoom all day.  This shit wears on parents, along with things like the ice storm, turning school board meetings into circuses, etc.

I hear ya, but I’m just saying there were a shit ton of Biden voters who weren’t D and made the deal with the devil of D top and straight R downballot ‘20. I know ~10 of em personally and no way does their feelings for abbott approach that.

10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Texas state senate, which won’t flip to the dems for a very long time. That sucks but not much can be done about it. 

I am talking about statewide voting, which right now the republicans control 100 percent. But they won’t in the future, it’s a dying party. 

Thanks for the correction; I stepped into the middle of the thread and lost the point.

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Many a politician has uttered words in a moment of high emotion that they've come to rue. Out of the tragedies that have become so commonplace, the locale being in Texas was not perhaps the leading push for those words. That young man got in his car and drove to El Paso because he was going to 'fix' the problem of brown people. The shooter was mentally ill, but when someone has the 'Great Replacement Theory' as their manifesto and certain media outlets and politicians promote that idea, a person with a modicum of intelligence might see that as an alarming trend, a trend that we, as a nation, are rather blase about due to the second amendment and how to interpret that amendment. We sure as hell regulate my host body, so the idea that this young man was part of a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps Mr. O'Rourke has noticed that persons don't like being regulated (uteruses, masks, etc) but at some point our country regulates 'things.' So, perhaps that is where a national discussion can get somewhere. Regulations for cars exist before they ever leave the plant, regs for alcohol, drugs, etc.

I'm not anti-gun, but the gun owners who don't break the law, don't go around shooting up churches, schools, theaters, shopping malls, and so on have let the extremists take over the debate and it just isn't working. Did anyone notice there was a school shooting in Virginia yesterday? I haven't checked the DT since yesterday, but I didn't see it early in the day when it happened. Everyone was talking about the young lady that was 'disappeared.'

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Whatcha need that AR15 for bruh?

*those AR15’s. 

I’m teeing this up for you a bit, but would you like to guess whether an AR15 was used at the WM massacre? The event that finally opened his eyes?  

So, was he looking for a sound bite during his campaign? Some emotional points in the polls? Or did he just determine that particular rifle was worse than the other sa used to kill all those folks in EP?   Or does he even know the difference? 

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

*those AR15’s. 

I’m teeing this up for you a bit, but would you like to guess whether an AR15 was used at the WM massacre? The event that finally opened his eyes?  

So, was he looking for a sound bite during his campaign? Some emotional points in the polls? Or did he just determine that particular rifle was worse than the other sa used to kill all those folks in EP?   Or does he even know the difference? 

I know it wasn't an AR15 used in the WM massacre.  To be honest, I don't really care what was used.  I don't see why people need guns.  But there's a whole other thread or two for that.

45 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

*those AR15’s. 

So it sounds like you don’t actually need an AR15?

IMO there are only a few uses where a semi-auto long gun is needed.  That use doesn’t include home defense.