Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

you know it's about to all come out and it's going to be bad so you're running as fast as you can while cramping from clenching so hard, you bang into the stall without even locking the door while undoing the button and zipper due to the urgency, you're in the process of the maneuver with relief starting to set in that you're going to make it but then the gates of hell open at 11 o'clock instead of midnight and you've failed

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

you know it's about to all come out and it's going to be bad so you're running as fast as you can while cramping from clenching so hard, you bang into the stall without even locking the door while undoing the button and zipper due to the urgency, you're in the process of the maneuver with relief starting to set in that you're going to make it but then the gates of hell open at 11 o'clock instead of midnight and you've failed

But....you just produced the new leading candidate for Texas governor.  So, there's that.

All Roads Lead to....

Article here if you don't want to click the tweet:

Spoiler

State Sen. Don Huffines meets with Russian officials in Moscow

State Sen. Don Huffines, R-Dallas, met with Russian officials in Moscow on Monday, joining U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, on a trip that The Washington Post described as "a bid to increase engagement with the country."

A spokesman for Huffines confirmed the trip, saying the lawmaker regularly hears from Texans who are concerned about the security of elections and "are alarmed by Russia's efforts to undermine our democratic institutions."

“In meetings with Russian officials, Senator Huffines is having frank discussions, relaying Texans’ concerns, and demanding that Russia stop meddling in our elections," said Brent Connett, chief of staff to Huffines. "Don Huffines believes in the power of face-to-face conversations, even with antagonists.”

The Texas senator's trip comes during a tense time for U.S.-Russia relations. In June, some Texas Republicans decried President Donald Trump after his meeting with Russian President Vladmir Putin, where Trump expressed doubt about the U.S. intelligence community’s consensus that Russia interfered in the 2016 election. Paul, who is a longtime family friend of Huffines, has been supportive of Trump's interactions with Russia, however. During Monday's meeting, Paul reportedly invited Russian lawmakers to meet with more members of the U.S. Congress.

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow told The Washington Post the Monday excursion was not an official diplomacy trip, and Paul was part of a "private group" of people meeting with Russian senators. The group also planned to visit St. Petersburg, Russian state media reported.

Soon after news broke that Huffines was in Russia, his 2018 Democratic opponent Nathan Johnson sent out a fundraising email criticizing the trip.

"Over the last few weeks, I've crisscrossed the district talking to constituents about the many challenges we face right here in Senate District 16," Johnson wrote. "Meanwhile, my Trump-defending opponent Don Huffines decided to go on a Moscow adventure this week with Rand Paul instead, to 'improve parliamentary relations' with Russia. What does this say about his priorities?"

Huffines' twin brother, Phillip, who ran unsuccessfully this year for the Republican nomination in North Texas' Senate District 8, was also on the trip.

Transnational crime syndicate. If you want power, you have to work for the boss.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Moment of silence for your colon. 

Moment_of_silence.jpg

49 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

All Roads Lead to....

Article here if you don't want to click the tweet:

Reveal hidden contents

State Sen. Don Huffines meets with Russian officials in Moscow

State Sen. Don Huffines, R-Dallas, met with Russian officials in Moscow on Monday, joining U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, on a trip that The Washington Post described as "a bid to increase engagement with the country."

A spokesman for Huffines confirmed the trip, saying the lawmaker regularly hears from Texans who are concerned about the security of elections and "are alarmed by Russia's efforts to undermine our democratic institutions."

“In meetings with Russian officials, Senator Huffines is having frank discussions, relaying Texans’ concerns, and demanding that Russia stop meddling in our elections," said Brent Connett, chief of staff to Huffines. "Don Huffines believes in the power of face-to-face conversations, even with antagonists.”

The Texas senator's trip comes during a tense time for U.S.-Russia relations. In June, some Texas Republicans decried President Donald Trump after his meeting with Russian President Vladmir Putin, where Trump expressed doubt about the U.S. intelligence community’s consensus that Russia interfered in the 2016 election. Paul, who is a longtime family friend of Huffines, has been supportive of Trump's interactions with Russia, however. During Monday's meeting, Paul reportedly invited Russian lawmakers to meet with more members of the U.S. Congress.

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow told The Washington Post the Monday excursion was not an official diplomacy trip, and Paul was part of a "private group" of people meeting with Russian senators. The group also planned to visit St. Petersburg, Russian state media reported.

Soon after news broke that Huffines was in Russia, his 2018 Democratic opponent Nathan Johnson sent out a fundraising email criticizing the trip.

"Over the last few weeks, I've crisscrossed the district talking to constituents about the many challenges we face right here in Senate District 16," Johnson wrote. "Meanwhile, my Trump-defending opponent Don Huffines decided to go on a Moscow adventure this week with Rand Paul instead, to 'improve parliamentary relations' with Russia. What does this say about his priorities?"

Huffines' twin brother, Phillip, who ran unsuccessfully this year for the Republican nomination in North Texas' Senate District 8, was also on the trip.

Transnational crime syndicate. If you want power, you have to work for the boss.

chris farley what the fuck GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

It’d be awesome if the audit turned up that the surprise that the valley going to Trump was 100% fraudulent and Biden actually won Texas.

It’d be the ultimate FAFO.

Those audit results would never see the light of day 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, since this is obviously the most important issue in the entire state, when my power goes out and my pipes freeze this winter, do you suppose I can take up residence in the governor's mansion? Because I don't know that either Abbott or Huffines are going to do a damn thing to ensure more people don't DIE this winter due to NOT fixing the energy sector.

That does it. They have all gotten together and discussed this and are all in on the dictator/fascism/authoritarian strategy. I mean, we've been saying this for four years or more, but they are openly praising Bolsonaro, Orban of Hungary, and any day now I guess they'll be talking about their pal Vlad.

Just unreal. Un-freaking-real.

When Abbott wins the primary, and for the Huffines supporters you know in your heart-of-hearts that Abbott can only win it if something weird happens, it'll be interesting to see if he has the actual balls to make a third-party run, or if Huffines will cave in and support the RINO Democrats like Abbott.

Because if Huffines doesn't run third-party after Abbott "wins" the primary, we'll see how brave Huffines actually is.

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

It’d be awesome if the audit turned up that the surprise that the valley going to Trump was 100% fraudulent and Biden actually won Texas.

It’d be the ultimate FAFO.

They're not auditing any of the RGV counties.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Aside from the authoritarian brotherhood/fraternity that the oligarchy has going on, it would be nice if some of the Oil/Gas folks could provide some perspective on this.

Brazil appears ready to rumble on this and from my naive perspective, it looks a little like the drooling that was taking place over Ukraine and other countries and how best to exploit everyone at someone's expense. I saw a blip in the news that Shell was investing into some clean energy stuff there but it seemed like a drop in the bucket, really--$565 million.

On 9/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Aside from the authoritarian brotherhood/fraternity that the oligarchy has going on, it would be nice if some of the Oil/Gas folks could provide some perspective on this.

Brazil appears ready to rumble on this and from my naive perspective, it looks a little like the drooling that was taking place over Ukraine and other countries and how best to exploit everyone at someone's expense. I saw a blip in the news that Shell was investing into some clean energy stuff there but it seemed like a drop in the bucket, really--$565 million.

I imagine the O&G industry is all in on fascism. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Driving from Dallas to Austin today, saw lots of Huffines billboards. Several of them said he would end property taxes. What would his replacement be?

When you have worked for decades to cultivate a militantly moronic electorate you don't have to make sense.

It's a great gig if you can get it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This Huffines thing is the best thing that could happen for MM or Beto, if Huffines goes all in on 3rd party candidacy.

I don't think West would - I don't think he's enough of a True Believer like Huffines, and Huffines has the financial ability.  West can't be too happy with Republicans in Texas, given how his time at TRP ultimately played out, but I think he still believes he has a future somewhere, and hasn't gone into "burn it all down" mode.  Huffines though, he gives no fucks, he's made his money, this is some fantasy of his or there is something else going on.  Maybe he's trying to force Abbott to take some stances that Huffines wants, I don't know, but Huffines is clearly the type that would run 3rd-party MAGA.

Meanwhile, 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't think West would - I don't think he's enough of a True Believer like Huffines, and Huffines has the financial ability.  West can't be too happy with Republicans in Texas, given how his time at TRP ultimately played out, but I think he still believes he has a future somewhere, and hasn't gone into "burn it all down" mode.  Huffines though, he gives no fucks, he's made his money, this is some fantasy of his or there is something else going on.  Maybe he's trying to force Abbott to take some stances that Huffines wants, I don't know, but Huffines is clearly the type that would run 3rd-party MAGA.

Meanwhile, 

good god, he even tweets like his orange idol. I mean, it's some real old person shit announce an announcement on a site that is basically set up strictly for announcements. And referring to oneself in the 3rd person is equally deranged, or a staffer wrote it and tweeted it out for him. either way, it's pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 1