LSU@UCLA- f the SEC!

Sbbruin

Thank you, UCLA for shutting those marble mouth shrimp boat captains the fuck up early this season.

Also, LSU ain’t even going to look in Hugh Freeze’s direction.

A school with a rape problem isn’t adding to that by hiring a coach with a hooker problem.

Plus, Coach Gumbo’s buyout is currently at $21 million lolololololol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

talking to neighbor aggy last weekend and his take was that it'll be a little bit of a transition until us and ou sucks figure out how to build an sec team rather than a big xii team.  then i pointed out aggy's best season was when it was built like a big xii team and he got all butthurt. 

Indeed!  

like I said, aggy’s best win the last 10 years was not having to lose to us. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i repped you because i like you, but huckleberry has you dead to rights on this one

no portal, no westwood rennaissance

Huckleberry doesn’t have me dead to shit. His opinion was/is that Kelly wouldn’t have done well at UT. Mine was/is that he would have. At least better than Strong and Herman as he should have been able to recruit better at UT than he did at UCLA and he was a hell of a lot more proven than either of those choices and blah blah blah. It’s all supposition and rhetoric by both of us because it didn’t happen. But it is surly so we can argue about anything…including apparently even arguing about arguing 😁

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, elfenix said:

talking to neighbor aggy last weekend and his take was that it'll be a little bit of a transition until us and ou sucks figure out how to build an sec team rather than a big xii team.  then i pointed out aggy's best season was when it was built like a big xii team and he got all butthurt. 

Why don't those dipshits know or recognize that their best SEC-era team was 2012? A team built to compete and win in the Big 12 with Johnny 8-Ball scrambling around throwing jump balls to Mike Evans? *smdh* 

Morons

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thank you, UCLA for shutting those marble mouth shrimp boat captains the fuck up early this season.

Also, LSU ain’t even going to look in Hugh Freeze’s direction.

A school with a rape problem isn’t adding to that by hiring a coach with a hooker problem.

Plus, Coach Gumbo’s buyout is currently at $21 million lolololololol

That's even worse than aggy paying Jimbo whatever they're paying, including the raise.

Edited by Bevo14

On 9/5/2021 at 12:33 PM, Sbbruin said:

Dulcich will be a Mackey contender.  He was already pegged as one of the best, or the best, TE in the conference.  He’s got WR speed and TE size.  And great vision.  And he’s a former walk-on.  Gotta love that.

Paging NowThis to the white courtesy phone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/5/2021 at 9:01 PM, Pimphand said:

The lack of self awareness of wearing a sissy purple tie is awesome.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, ztejas said:

The sissy blue was funny. Feel like they're taking it a bit far though - no need to go full aggy.

I mean, you're fucking purple you swamprat.

This was easily my favorite game of the weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, Landomatic said:

Huckleberry doesn’t have me dead to shit. His opinion was/is that Kelly wouldn’t have done well at UT. Mine was/is that he would have. At least better than Strong and Herman as he should have been able to recruit better at UT than he did at UCLA and he was a hell of a lot more proven than either of those choices and blah blah blah. It’s all supposition and rhetoric by both of us because it didn’t happen. But it is surly so we can argue about anything…including apparently even arguing about arguing 😁

Would Kelly have gotten a fourth year here after the three stinkers he laid at UCLA? We just fired a coach for winning 9 games.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Would Kelly have gotten a fourth year here after the three stinkers he laid at UCLA? We just fired a coach for winning 9 games.

Would he have hired Todd Orlando?

Would he have gone 6-6 in 2017?

Would he have gotten pantsed by Maryland with our 2018 roster?

Would he have gone 7-5 with our 2019 team? (Includes a 50-48 barn burner against Kansas) 

Not saying CK is Urban Meyer level, but we’ve had the bar set very low.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Would he have hired Todd Orlando?

Would he have gone 6-6 in 2017?

Would he have gotten pantsed by Maryland with our 2018 roster?

Would he have gone 7-5 with our 2019 team? (Includes a 50-48 barn burner against Kansas) 

Not saying CK is Urban Meyer level, but we’ve had the bar set very low.

Why are you asking what Kelly would have done? We can see what he actually did.

3-9
4-8
3-4

These seasons happened in a completely shitty Pac-12 South, too. Here are the 2018 Pac-12 South teams with their Massey composite rankings:

Utah 9-5 (#29)
Arizona St. 7-6 (#51)
Southern Cal 5-7 (#64)
Arizona 5-7 (#84)
UCLA 3-9 (#87)
Colorado 5-7 (#88)

3-9 in that garbage division is completely indefensible. I don't care what players you have, no coach in the history of college football who actually qualifies as great and genius would have put that product on the field.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Why are you asking what Kelly would have done? We can see what he actually did.

3-9
4-8
3-4

Why are you being obtuse and acting like it's an apples to apples comparison? Two completely different programs with completely different circumstances. None of us knows what he would have done at UT. I'd have taken my chances with him over the two mid-major prospects UT went with.

I added more later. I'm not the one being obtuse. The 3-9 season in 2018 is completely indefensible because he may have been at UCLA but his team played in a shit ass division and he went 3-9. Any actually great football coach could have walked into that team and made a bowl game.

Edited by Huckleberry

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Why are you being obtuse and acting like it's an apples to apples comparison? Two completely different programs with completely different circumstances. None of us knows what he would have done at UT. I'd have taken my chances with him over the two mid-major prospects UT went with.

mrw GIF

On 9/4/2021 at 11:42 PM, Droopy said:

I'll take that bet. I can't see them winning more than 7.

Maybe. I do think Brad Johnson's kid is a better QB than their usuals (of course excluding Joe Burrow). I didn't watch the whole game, but their complete lack of a run game is what surprised me.

Outside of 2019, LSU's hallmarks have been shitty QB play and a punishing run game, accompanied by excellent defense. Their defense will get there and as I said, I think Max Johnson will be more than serviceable, given the chance. That run game? TBD

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not comparing CK's record to that of the two recent idiots we've had at HC. This is more of a question of trajectory. Charlie and Tom did their best to indicate that our football program was going absolutely nowhere under their leadership. You could see that through their staff hires, game management, lack of understanding of football, and public displays of idiocy. Consistent underperformance (Tom) and pure cluelessness (Charlie) eventually brought them to demise.

Chip Kelly's past three seasons at UCLA have been absolutely shitty. There is no question about that. The question is about Kelly's ability to enter our program in 2014 or 2017 and effectively take advantage of Texas' resources in order to establish a clear upward trend, instead of regressing/stagnating like Tom/Charlie. Would he have hired a high level P5 staff, revamped recruiting, and demonstrated that he understands the game better than the guys we shit-canned? 

52 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I added more later. I'm not the one being obtuse. The 3-9 season in 2018 is completely indefensible because he may have been at UCLA but his team played in a shit ass division and he went 3-9. Any actually great football coach could have walked into that team and made a bowl game.

Yeah and UT had better talent on the roster than UCLA and the Big 12 isn’t exactly murderers row and sometimes you gotta tear shit down to build it back up with your guys and there’s a huge recruiting advantage at UT and blah blah blah, yada yada yada. You’re cherry picking, you’re moving the goal posts, I thought you were being obtuse, but maybe you’re just dumb? I think we both know you’re not. So, you’re really just arguing to argue, which is cool I guess.

Chip Kelly had a MUCH better resume than Cholly or Mensa. Period. He also had a better college resume than any realistic coach available…both rounds. I think that would have translated into success. I think he’ll be good at UCLA. We’ll see on the latter. We’ll never know on the former. Cheers

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hey @Sbbruin 

Chip Kelly on Dan Patrick Show in a minute or two...

(Radio or Peacock TV)

Missed it, but it's funny, he's been on a bunch of shows he wouldn't go on before.  He's a notorious chapass with the media.  But now that he's the flavor of the week, he's all smiles and sunshine.  As long as recruits start to buy into him, I'm all for it.

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I'm just trying to figure out why the woman was pissing in the urinal.

Looks like she got her pants down and was finding someplace for her purse before she dropped those granny panties and the port tipped to deliver the goods.

Or was in the reverse of that process minus the reveal.

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Maybe. I do think Brad Johnson's kid is a better QB than their usuals (of course excluding Joe Burrow). I didn't watch the whole game, but their complete lack of a run game is what surprised me.

Outside of 2019, LSU's hallmarks have been shitty QB play and a punishing run game, accompanied by excellent defense. Their defense will get there and as I said, I think Max Johnson will be more than serviceable, given the chance. That run game? TBD

I don't see LSU winning out like @Thatguy stated after looking at their schedule. I could lean toward 8, but need to see a larger sample size over the next 2 games. Everyone has an off night, but I can also see 4 more losses for them as well. 

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

I don't see LSU winning out like @Thatguy stated after looking at their schedule. I could lean toward 8, but need to see a larger sample size over the next 2 games. Everyone has an off night, but I can also see 4 more losses for them as well. 

They have 2 cupcakes and then MSU to get their shit together before they face Auburn. Then Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss, and Bama. Then its ULM and then Aggy. They lose to someone they aren't supposed to, beat someone they aren't supposed to, and then lose to Bama. They always beat Aggy in Death Valley. I see them at 3 losses.