Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, Octavian said:

It is wild to me how much of the Arkansas media and fan base seems to have convinced themselves that they are winning this game and by a sizable margin. It is borderline delusional.

They also discount that there are going to be a lot of Texas fans in the stands, because Arkansas gave us the tickets. They only reason this game is a sell out is Texas bought up all the extra tickets.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Octavian said:

It is wild to me how much of the Arkansas media and fan base seems to have convinced themselves that they are winning this game and by a sizable margin. It is borderline delusional.

Its pretty crazy considering they were tied with Rice going into the 4th quarter and it was still a one score game with just over 4 minutes left.  Arkansas scored a garbage TD in the last minute to make it look like a better win than it was.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its pretty crazy considering they were tied with Rice going into the 4th quarter and it was still a one score game with just over 4 minutes left.  Arkansas scored a garbage TD in the last minute to make it look like a better win than it was.

Its all the same lines of delusional garbage. "SEC Environment" (Its a cute little 75k stadium) "SEC defense" (that went 3-7 last year) "Texas is going to learn what it is like in this league"

There hasn't been anything about their actual program that they use as justification for picking piggy. Just dick riding the mystique about their conference. Pathetic. 

Texas 41
Arkansas 13

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Nahlin just wrote that Collins has been moved back to 3-tech and is expected to back up Ojomo and share time with Vernon Broughton next to Sweat.

He also wrote that 'as opposed to most game weeks where they hear about the 'great practicies' the team has been having - this week they were told there were a few more missed assignments than the coaches would have liked.'

I assume this is the coaches trying to make sure the team isn't too high after the win over a ranked ULL.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

I’m at a big resort in Riviera Maya right now Saturday. Looks like my streaming options don’t work here. Resort has a great sports bar, but I’m not sure the game will be on or not and I don’t trust the overly agreeable staff here who assure me it wilI. I will gladly leave the resort if I need to, to watch the game.

Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure a sports bar at an all inclusive in Mexico will have a TV or three on ESPN on a college football Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin just wrote that Collins has been moved back to 3-tech and is expected to back up Ojomo and share time with Vernon Broughton next to Sweat.

He also wrote that 'as opposed to most game weeks where they hear about the 'great practicies' the team has been having - this week they were told there were a few more missed assignments than the coaches would have liked.'

I assume this is the coaches trying to make sure the team isn't too high after the win over a ranked ULL.

Broughton wasn’t good against ULL so splitting time with Broughton isn’t a very promising sign for his level of play. Hopefully he gets significantly more snaps than Broughton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

I’m at a big resort in Riviera Maya right now Saturday. Looks like my streaming options don’t work here. Resort has a great sports bar, but I’m not sure the game will be on or not and I don’t trust the overly agreeable staff here who assure me it wilI. I will gladly leave the resort if I need to, to watch the game.

Help?

It's been a few years but assuming Tequila Barrel is still open on 5th avenue in Playa Del Carmen, they have a ton of TV's and usually had sound on for big games.  Sure you could find it there.  Or really any number of bars in that area.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Broughton wasn’t good against ULL so splitting time with Broughton isn’t a very promising sign for his level of play. Hopefully he gets significantly more snaps than Broughton. 

Heres the exact quote:

After playing only one snap in last week’s win over Louisiana, the staff moved Alfred Collins back to 3-tech this week. Previously the staff made the curious switch of Collins to Jack and true freshman Barryn Sorrell to 3-tech. That move was reversed and Collins is back to running second team alongside nose tackle T’Vondre Sweat. Collins will play more this week, but he’s not alone at second team 3-tech as Vernon Broughton also mans the position.

Collins is second team but Broughton will still get snaps.

15 minutes ago, Snacks said:

So...  Do how much do we know about the offense Briles is running at Arkansaw?  Is it the same they ran at Baylor and UH? (I assume so). Has Ark executed that offense?

I haven't seen a ton but I think their QB is pretty inconsistent passing.  Currently more of a running threat than a passing threat.   So I'm sure that is impacting his scheme some. 

12 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

Help?

https://us.cybernews.com/lp/best-vpn-us/

If they don't, you can probably get a free trail for a US VPN.  Setup your phone and stream accordingly.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Snacks said:

So...  Do how much do we know about the offense Briles is running at Arkansaw?  Is it the same they ran at Baylor and UH? (I assume so). Has Ark executed that offense?

It’s the exact same and same as what we ran with Gilbert. Wide OL splits, spread you out to run, limited route tree with a lot of deep shots. Their QB is not good as a thrower at all and reminds me a good bit of Swoopes so the offense is somewhat limited due to his passing limitations, but he is a very good runner and weighs like 245. The key will be keeping him in the pocket and taking away his first read. If we can do that and not get gouged in the run game, they’ll be in trouble and will probably have multiple turnovers. 

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s the exact same and same as what we ran with Gilbert. Wide OL splits, spread you out to run, limited route tree with a lot of deep shots. Their QB is not good as a thrower at all and reminds me a good bit of Swoopes so the offense is somewhat limited due to his passing limitations, but he is a very good runner and weighs like 245. The key will be keeping him in the pocket and taking away his first read. If we can do that and not get gouged in the run game, they’ll be in trouble and will probably have multiple turnovers. 

I am curious to see how they utilize Overshown against him. He is outweighed by 20 pounds, so it will be interesting to watch. 

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Also sounds like the staff is putting more stuff into the game plans.

15 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Rice seemed to hold them in check for 3 quarters. Hopefully PK and the Texas D can perform like they did in the opener. No big chunk plays, make their raw QB make multiple reads, and so on.

My guess is that Briles will drill into him 1 read and run, but usually the Veer and Shoot cuts the reads to one side of the field and that is predicated by Briles. This is a game where the pass rush from the DTs needs to be there.

24 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Rice seemed to hold them in check for 3 quarters. Hopefully PK and the Texas D can perform like they did in the opener. No big chunk plays, make their raw QB make multiple reads, and so on.

Pretty much. Emphasis contain the pocket over pass rush and make him make accurate throws off secondary and tertiary reads. I don’t think he can do it, and I don’t think he has Lewis’s patience. I expect him to force some throws or rush into sacks. 

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

My guess is that Briles will drill into him 1 read and run, but usually the Veer and Shoot cuts the reads to one side of the field and that is predicated by Briles. This is a game where the pass rush from the DTs needs to be there.

Not surprising you would say this. Trying to get pass rush from DTs opens up interior gaps for scrambling vertically out of the pocket, which is one of the only ways Jefferson can beat us. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Pretty much. Emphasis contain the pocket over pass rush and make him make accurate throws off secondary and tertiary reads. I don’t think he can do it, and I don’t think he has Lewis’s patience. I expect him to force some throws or rush into sacks. 

Not surprising you would say this. Trying to get pass rush from DTs opens up interior gaps for scrambling vertically out of the pocket, which is one of the only ways Jefferson can beat us. 

yep. keep DL gap integrity and let LBs clean up.  Bend, but don't break. Hold them to FGAs.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Snacks said:

Against Rice there were more traditional option plays than what we saw last year since Jefferson is a better runner than Franks was. But other than that it’s pretty similar to his past offenses: simple route tree, easy reads and lots of misdirection.

Not sure how much Briles hid against Rice, I was surprised there weren’t hardly any deep balls when Jefferson is a better deep ball thrower than he is on the short and intermediate routes. We also didn’t see any RB screens when they worked pretty well last season.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

The framework is the same, but Briles is a lot more creative than Gilbert within the framework 

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Paxton Anderson, Jerry Jones grandson, is traveling with the team allegedly and will suit up vs Arkansas.

This is true.

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

image.thumb.png.d4eb8a11df64047523a0dfc6aa79035b.png

Is Kai Money injured?

Money is not injured and is also on the travel squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm pretty sure the DL will be more focused on keeping their QB in the pocket. We do not want this kid getting loose and escaping the pocket.

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

BJ knows what he is doing. He wants bulletin board material for the game to make sure we come out pissed off. 

He knows what he is doing in getting his name mentioned period and his "take" repeated. No one on the team should give a flying fuck what he has to say.

Texas was more efficient passing in Sark's first game than any in any game coached by Strong or Herman. lol

In all, Sark helped dial up a Texas passing attack that not only led all Power-Five programs in per play passing efficiency in Week 1 but also all Longhorn offenses in the PFF College era.

Most efficient Texas passing offense in a single game in the PFF College era

Game EPA per pass
2021 Week 1 vs. Louisiana 0.66
2019 Week 3 at Rice 0.61
2015 Week 2 vs. Rice 0.6
2018 Week 1 at Texas Tech 0.53

Not too shabby considering Louisiana ranked top five in EPA per pass allowed among FBS teams in 2020 and brought back all of their key defensive backs.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-week-2-schedule-odds-picks-game-previews-2021

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

His barometer of running back greatness is...Travis Henry? That pretty much says it all for his scouting ability.

They are still scarred by 1998. After Clint Stoerner laid the ball on the ground and Tennessee recovered, Tennessee handed it off to Travis Henry 5 straight times to score the winning TD. 

• Haha 1