Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I do not think Peggy’s recipe would EVER call for anything but Hellman’s Mayo. I’ll send Nancy over to get the recipe when she’s back from her headache treatment to find out. 

Not sure about this, but I hear the secret ingredient is nutmeg.

• Haha 1

Returning a little over a week from his procedure. Wonder how many snaps or how effective Ridgeway will be? If not that effective or limited they’d essentially be down two defensive line starters  
2F5EE094-B9AD-4A89-ABF4-B33FBE1220C8.thumb.png.a020d4114db9e7213c85a307ac801b49.png
While it's nothing like open heart or something like that, your abdomen is literally sliced open and a small portion of your intestine is snipped off. Then comes an antibiotics regimen for about two weeks which makes you feel odd. The incision has to heal enough for either stiches or staples (what I had) to be removed, and its pretty sore for a few days after.

I was in my early 20's but that shit knocked me down for about 3 weeks. Certainly didn't feel up to resuming corporate league softball right away, or apartment league sand volleyball I was doing at the time. I went back to both at about 5 weeks, but definitely not as sharp as before.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, Ebeye said:

Matt Brown from The Athletic agrees with you:  

"Given the current lack of parity in the sport, it feels safer than ever to say the national champion will be one of Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia and Texas A&M — and likely one of the first five."

Hide contents

Wtf did by one see in Oklahoma, aggy or Ohio st to put them on national title talk?  You might even include Georgia and Clemson but could make the argument great D

So far as usual there is Alabama and then all the rest. 

On 9/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, The Dude said:

The past 10 years have really did a number on me. I want to be confident, I’m just having a hard time with it

I’m here. We looked ok but didn’t look great. The biggest takeaway for me is the smart play by coaches and players. No blindingly stupid plays or actions. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

This.  When I make pulled pork, which I don't consider Texas BBQ, my wife will make homemade cole slaw.  It is good on the sandwich.

What’s your pulled pork recipe?

13 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

Wtf did by one see in Oklahoma, aggy or Ohio st to put them on national title talk?  You might even include Georgia and Clemson but could make the argument great D

I’m here. We looked ok but didn’t look great. The biggest takeaway for me is the smart play by coaches and players. No blindingly stupid plays or actions. 

What’s your pulled pork recipe?

Salt and pepper.  Smoke low and slow on post oak.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

To be fair, that was written before the season. Not that the inclusion of A&M is any better from that perspective.

21 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Boy there's a lot of things going on in this thread right now. I think in the past couple of hours we're covered flyovers, slaw on BBQ, Arkansas incest, and sex tents. Somehow some actual football discussion happened as well, which is admittedly weird on a surly football thread. 

Yesterday the strength of schedule fight got interrupted by romper talk. It's been an interesting thread. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Dear penthouse forum.. 

Lol, no kidding.  KJ seems to be a worse QB than Levi, so I guess I will just have faith in PK and Steve.  I expect him to get loose a time or two because he's a great athlete, but we looked exceedingly well coached against Louisiana.  Being able to count the sheer dumbass plays on one hand to start the season is a first in quite a long time.  We tackle and take care of the football then we win easily in my opinion.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Man I'd forgotten how similar their fans are to A&M fans. Next you'll paste images talking about how Rice fans complimented them on their classiness and had never been treated so well in their entire lives.

They are and have always been the hybrid of Sooner fan & Aggie fan.

I think the last 40 years of football ineptitude has beaten them down into being more like their Aggie counterparts than the Sooner variety.

• Hook 'Em 4

Ha so I just dug up the last 40 years for both (Ark & A&M) they both kinda died with the SWC.

Here's the tale of the tape...

Conference Championships

A&M 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, & 1998
Ark 1988 & 1989

10+ Win Seasons

A&M 1985, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1998, & 2012
Ark 1985, 1988, 1989, 2006, 2010,  & 2011

So in the combined 56 seasons since they left the SEC they have produced a combined 1 conference championship and 5 ten win seasons.

While neither of them deserve to be associated with Slayer Seasons in the Abyss is about the only song I can associate with their level of success.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Noticing a marked lack of discussion on this one. Assuming pig has paint-thinned it out of their collective memories.Screenshot_20210909-153035_ESPN.thumb.jpg.33df0d00d7d41a79739494cce55f03e5.jpg

Ignoring games you lost is key when trash talking.

Anyway those quotes there show how wrong those people claiming Arkansas has moved on from the rivalry. They clearly still hate us and it is personal.

Edited by Valmy77