Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Two weeks 

4 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

Saturday will be two weeks but it is pretty soon. Might just have him in on obvious running downs.

Thanks for the correction.

2 weeks seems pretty quick, but depending on the actual procedure 2 weeks is within the range of the average recovery time. Still most average appendectomies probably don't take into account getting hit for 60 minutes.

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Pulled pork is definitely not Texas BBQ.  I still don't like cole slaw on the sandwich.  Especially because most places that do this, have really shitty slaw.  No thanks.

Yeah, I would not put the store bought shit on there.  But homemade slaw light on the mayo or dressing is good.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The really shitty is implied by the word slaw.  No need to be redundant

Yes. Slaw is actually the Czech word for "really shitty." You put slaw on anything, you're hiding something. And whatever it is you're hiding is shittier than the slaw which, as noted, is Czech for really shitty.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Maybe the procedures have gotten better since then? I did see that a couple of MLB players came back about nine days after their procedures this decade. Couldn't find good timelines for football players though 

Arkansas boards do say that Pittman was pretty dishonest or not forthcoming about injuries last year, so maybe he's just full of shit 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Thanks for the correction.

2 weeks seems pretty quick, but depending on the actual procedure 2 weeks is within the range of the average recovery time. Still most average appendectomies probably don't take into account getting hit for 60 minutes.

In 2005 Dan Campbell missed 10 days after his appendix burst during training camp. He went on to play in all 4 pre season and all 16 regular season games that year. But that guy is a nut so he would have been back in the same time frame after a heart transplant. 

13 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Yes. Slaw is actually the Czech word for "really shitty." You put slaw on anything, you're hiding something. And whatever it is you're hiding is shittier than the slaw which, as noted, is Czech for really shitty.

You're crazy, putting a nice acidic vinegary crunch on top of good rich pork is a match made in heaven.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Unless this turns into a blowout early I worry about the long term effects of pulling Card 2 or so series too early every week just to appease Thompson. 

I wonder if Sark is going to try to play both the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season to keep Thompson around because Wright isn’t ready yet. If Wright shows some progress during practice throughout the season then maybe Sark can ditch the two QB plan and let Thompson leave if he wishes.

Edited by Hookem2147

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Imo he was pulled a series or two before he should have been last week. Card played well enough to put the nail in the coffin of that game

Meh, it was fine.  I'd rather have a backup that gets meaningful game reps and it's not like Sark put in Casey after Card went 3-and-out on the first drive.  Card is the starter and that's obvious.  I trust Sark to make the right call to have an effective QB position, and not just assume it's to "appease Thompson."

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I wonder if Sark is going to try to play both the first half of the season to keep Thompson around because Wright isn’t ready yet. If Wright shows some progress during practice throughout the season then maybe Sark can ditch the two QB plan and let Thompson leave if he wishes.

If Wright plays a down this season then either someone got hurt or we are just blowing the ever loving shit out of someone to the tune of where Sark is just trying to be nice. He is a true freshman that needs to hold the clipboard and soak it all in to prepare himself for the possibility of playing down the line (barring being recruited over).

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Meh, it was fine.  I'd rather have a backup that gets meaningful game reps and it's not like Sark put in Casey after Card went 3-and-out on the first drive.  Card is the starter and that's obvious.  I trust Sark to make the right call to have an effective QB position, and not just assume it's to "appease Thompson."

I'd rather have our young QB with 1st round potential get those reps then the guy who could set the precedent that threatening to portal gets you snaps at the expense of the starter. Secondly kids these days only look at box scores and Card played well enough for a 300 yard and 4 TD day but we missed that opportunity to show recruits that our new system puts up stats. 

11 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

If Wright plays a down this season then either someone got hurt or we are just blowing the ever loving shit out of someone to the tune of where Sark is just trying to be nice. He is a true freshman that needs to hold the clipboard and soak it all in to prepare himself for the possibility of playing down the line (barring being recruited over).

Oh I agree. He needs to be holding a clipboard and Sark is protecting against having to potentially play him in a meaningful situation by keeping Thompson around. But if last week is any indication then Card is in for a good year and eventually they are going to have to fully hand the reigns over. Fully handing the reigns over week 6 or 7 compared to week 1 decreases the chance you see Charles Wright play a meaningful snap this year. Maybe by week 6 Casey accepts he’s the backup and just has to wait one more month to enter the portal.

Edited by Hookem2147

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Oh I agree. He needs to be holding a clipboard and Sark is protecting against having to potentially play him in a meaningful situation by keeping Thompson around. But if last week is any indication then Card is in for a good year and eventually they are going to have to fully hand the reigns over. Fully handing the reigns over week 6 or 7 compared to week 1 decreases the chance you see Charles Wright play a meaningful snap this year. Maybe by week 6 Casey accepts he’s the backup and just has to wait one more month to enter the portal.

Would Sark even have to address a timeline for putting Casey in if the f’n media would just let it play out and quit asking the same damn question every week?!?! They’re desperate for a Simms/Applewhite story 2.0. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Okcool said:

Would Sark even have to address a timeline for putting Casey in if the f’n media would just let it play out and quit asking the same damn question every week?!?! They’re desperate for a Simms/Applewhite story 2.0. 

It's not just the media. There are posters here talking about Thompson's NFL draft prospects.

• Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Unless this turns into a blowout early I worry about the long term effects of pulling Card 2 or so series too early every week just to appease Thompson. 

I was surprised Sark pulled Card as quickly as he did. I see it as good roster management as opposed to appeasement though. Other than the bowl game last year, Casey has no real game experience. Card now has about as much experience, after one start, as Casey does. Casey's one play/covid diagnosis away from starting so the more experience he gets the better. Given Card's performance and the score, I thought it was a good decision.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Career Stats

STATS

TOT SOLO AST SACK FF FR YDS INT YDS AVG TD LNG PD STF STFYDS KB
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 3 2 1.5 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0 0 0
21 8 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 2 0 0 0

The only thing that made that shit show of a game worse was there was a whole row of arky fans behind us. I was very young at the time of this game (elementary school) and my dad leaned over to me mid game and told me “The row behind us is why you never need to love your cousin too much.” Will never forget that. 
JFC...first time I've truly felt old on surly/shag

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
15 hours ago, TenCarryTom said:
The only thing that made that shit show of a game worse was there was a whole row of arky fans behind us. I was very young at the time of this game (elementary school) and my dad leaned over to me mid game and told me “The row behind us is why you never need to love your cousin too much.” Will never forget that. 

JFC...first time I've truly felt old on surly/shag

Posted same yesterday. @TenCarryTom post hit a little too close to home smh

Hawg put together a rivalry video
https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/horns-down-arkansas-vs-texas-rivalry-history/
Overall it's pretty solid though clearly heavily slanted towards 1964 & 1981.  The bit about DKR going into their locker room after the 1964 game and how they had to root for UT to beat Namath was pretty cool.  They do talk about 1969 despite the outcome being the opposite of 1964.
Yet I totally believe the piggies in this thread saying they don't really care..