Brian Jones was right.

Rockethorn1978

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Emmanuel can fuck off. I really like Sam tho. Sam seems pretty level headed and honest while at the same time being supportive of the Horns imo

Yeah, for what though?  I haven’t seen or heard of anything Emmanuel has done that would warrant people basically being disgusted he was a Horn. 

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, for what though?  I haven’t seen or heard of anything Emmanuel has done that would warrant people basically being disgusted he was a Horn. 

Yeah.  His beliefs are different that many others and he has the audacity to speak about them on the forum provided to him (not much different that what we do on here except that he's got the balls to not be anonymous about it).  He annoys me so I don't watch his shows/youtubes/tweets or whatever.  But it has no bearing on my thoughts of him as a person or as a Longhorn.  If I saw him at the grocery store I'd smile and say hook 'em and somehow be grown up enough to avoid shitting all over him.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Emmanuel is the new kid at school that hangs out with the outcasts and misfits until he gains popularity with the “cool kids” then he shoves the outcast kids in locker and calls them losers.

I was out on Manny when he tried to spill the beans about Texas players getting paid. Fuck Emmanuel  

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I love the negs in my OP. Shows who is still gaping vaginas about Texas football.

Maybe create a new thread for every prediction from a media member so that we can have a lot of threads. And then definitely assume in your post that we actually saw the original prediction and cared about it at time or still care a week later. Then delete your post and rewrite the whole thing really aggressively.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Maybe create a new thread for every prediction from a media member so that we can have a lot of threads. And then definitely assume in your post that we actually saw the original prediction and cared about it at time or still care a week later. Then delete your post and rewrite the whole thing really aggressively.

The thread police are vaginas so it makes sense you would post this pussy.

20 hours ago, Bernard said:

Brian Jones was fixture on the road game Friday night bar scene in the late 90’s early 2000’s when he was UT sideline reporter. Good times. One night the usually good natured ribbing from the home team fans turned a bit toxic. Some dipshit dropped the N word. Five seconds later BJ knocked him out with one punch.

Bernard

He sure was. One Friday night in Columbia, he hopped in our rental car and we proceeded to blow it out in the bars at Mizzou. We were out till the wee hours.  I have no idea how he was able to work the game the next morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

Brian Jones is full of shit on this one and he was unwise to repeat the lies. 

Casey Thompson is pretty mediocre. It has nothing to do with his skin tone. Hudson Card is pretty mediocre. It has nothing to do with his skin tone. 

Vincent Paul Young is one of the baddest players to ever don the burnt orange and white. Last I checked, people still love him here. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, Lat22 said:

He sure was. One Friday night in Columbia, he hopped in our rental car and we proceeded to blow it out in the bars at Mizzou. We were out till the wee hours.  I have no idea how he was able to work the game the next morning. 

We had an eventful evening with him and his coworker at Rusty’s Last Chance in Manhattan in 2002. About 12 Longhorns vs 200 KSU students, followed by them rolling out a flat bed trailer and the KSU cheer squad showing up to taunt us. Dusty Mangum stuck in their ass the next night though. 

Not sure how racially motivated it is… but I have no doubt there is stupid pressure to play certain guys and recruit certain guys. I would even say that some of these donors fuck up the recruiting process by pushing kids the coaches may not even want and simultaneously pushing away kids they may actually want. I can’t substantiate anything I say, but I have in the past wondered about personnel decisions and how shitty a similar “4 star” is compared to some at other schools. But I wouldn’t think this has anything to do with race…but maybe there is some real shit going on undercutting the football program more than we know

18 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Not sure how racially motivated it is… but I have no doubt there is stupid pressure to play certain guys and recruit certain guys. I would even say that some of these donors fuck up the recruiting process by pushing kids the coaches may not even want and simultaneously pushing away kids they may actually want. I can’t substantiate anything I say, but I have in the past wondered about personnel decisions and how shitty a similar “4 star” is compared to some at other schools. But I wouldn’t think this has anything to do with race…but maybe there is some real shit going on undercutting the football program more than we know

This whole story is from Charles Thompson. Nobody gives a shit what color Casey Thompson and Hudson Card are. They could be green and after me Lucky Charms as long as we win, and I’d be fine with it. They both suck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The boosters leaning in and imposing their will wouldn’t be a new thing.  There have always been boosters that fancy themselves as an integral part of the program beyond writing the big checks.  Don’t think it hasn’t been like that all along.

Fuck them, sure, but also fuck people who propagate this as a way to negate Texas with recruits as being a bunch of good old boys.  We’re doing just fine in that respect on our own.

41 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

Brockermeyer

Schooler

Bush

3 dudes that should never see the field at Texas. Now it makes sense 

Schooler isn't great, but he and Overshown seem to be the only ones on D that have a pulse half the time.  And when he doesn't get juked out of his shoes, he's somewhat reliable at tackling.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I don't believe any of this booster shit.  Every big money guy I know hates to lose at anything.  That's why they are BMD's.  The thought that they are pushing a "great white hope" is bullshit.  Daddy Thompson has been tending the narrative for a couple of years Texas fans could not stand to have a QB from Oklahoma.  When that did not get any traction, they went to this.  

university-of-oklahoma-qb-charles-thompson-february-27-1989-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Not shooting at you but I call BS on this as some sort of widespread basis.  You what these big money guys hate more than anything?  Losing and being made to look stupid.  The thought that someone is going to do what Jones said is laughable.  

Yeah, like I said, that may have been a thing under McWilliams, who had vast connections in football across the state, many of whom included former teammates.  They may have offered some input here and there, but I don't imagine they got any "play" just because they were BMD or influential alumni, but more because David respected their opinions, for better or worse.

Sark needs to go just like herm probably did.  But Bj is a lying racist who probably saw a younger guys like acho and simms rose meteorically by making controversial sound bites that can’t be confirmed.  The only color that concerned sark was yellow as card pissed down his pants vs arkansas.  Casey may not be super talented but his fault is he’s careless

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Texas Coach Steve Sarkisian Allegedly Pressured By Boosters To Play Players Based On Race

https://brobible.com/culture/article/texas-football-brian-jones-race-pressure/

How can you even take that article seriously when the second paragraph says this:    "Texas is currently amidst a three-game losing streak and Sarkisian’s first year at the helm has been a dumpster fire thus far."

3 game losing streak?  Try 6.  The article says it was published yesterday - even 5 might've been correct but 3?  I call complete BS.

Reading this thread from message one until he spoke his mind is instructive.

Jones, badass Horn, speaks his mind, tells Mack where to get off

-- Jones says some boosters may be racist -- 

He can fuck right off, how dare he, the article is terrible, Casey Thompson's cokehead dad is behind this, fire Sark for cause for doing what the boosters say...

Sark didn't recruit any of these guys, for one thing. And why is it that there has always been at least one slow white guy on our D since forever? Even when we had great D's. It almost seems like there was some secret meeting of billionaire donors who declared they would set aside the worse of their racism so long as we had at least one Derry /Boyd / Hager Jr ? / Brockemeyer / Bush.....Have we ever had an all-Black D? I don't think we have, and it was never 'cause the White dude was JJ Watt,

7 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Not shooting at you but I call BS on this as some sort of widespread basis.  You what these big money guys hate more than anything?  Losing and being made to look stupid.  The thought that someone is going to do what Jones said is laughable.  

I get that, but ego and control don’t care until you are humiliated to the point of change. Not sure they’ve gotten there yet. I look at it like Jerry Jones a little. The problem being we have more than just 1 guy fighting all Against each other…maybe that’s what Herman meant by being “aligned”

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

This whole story is from Charles Thompson. Nobody gives a shit what color Casey Thompson and Hudson Card are. They could be green and after me Lucky Charms as long as we win, and I’d be fine with it. They both suck. 

In that case…yeah no one cares about that. Can we just get good players now?

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Reading this thread from message one until he spoke his mind is instructive.

Jones, badass Horn, speaks his mind, tells Mack where to get off

-- Jones says some boosters may be racist -- 

He can fuck right off, how dare he, the article is terrible, Casey Thompson's cokehead dad is behind this, fire Sark for cause for doing what the boosters say...

Sark didn't recruit any of these guys, for one thing. And why is it that there has always been at least one slow white guy on our D since forever? Even when we had great D's. It almost seems like there was some secret meeting of billionaire donors who declared they would set aside the worse of their racism so long as we had at least one Derry /Boyd / Hager Jr ? / Brockemeyer / Bush.....Have we ever had an all-Black D? I don't think we have, and it was never 'cause the White dude was JJ Watt,

It’s easy to change your mind about someone when they fuck up. He’s dumb as hell for stirring up nonsense.

And to your last sentence, yes.

Look at our National Title defense. The only white guy on the defense could jump higher than a fucking kangaroo and set a record for social teams blocks. JJ Watt was a great comparisons for the stupid shit you just said in your post.

The whole thought that anyone takes racial motivation over winning is fucking stupid. Anyone who thinks they actually do this needs a tin foil hat and a handful of tide pods.

• Hook 'Em 1