FAFO: Marine LTC Who Criticized Senior Leaders Over Afghanistan in the Brig

atomheartbevo

How dare he...

Cancel that motherfucker.

( full disclosure: STFU or be prepared to face the consequences.  Maybe he was...)

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

His prosecution is about good order and discipline, not politics.  He is free to hold whatever opinion he wishes, but he is not free to publicly disparage his superiors or the administration, no matter who is in the White House.

Not what I meant. I agree with you on the process and protocol and think it should be applied blindly.

Im talking about the general public (and the people here) and the response. If your team is being held in a brig for speaking out against the other team, you root for it and see it from a prism of injustice or oppression. The opposite and you get what we have here, some ho humming about how that’s the process and should have stayed in line and not made waves, etc.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 3

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It must be weird to invest in a new hero every single week.

TBH, this seems like a calculated move by someone wanting to transition to politics from the military.  It's not as if some 19 YO Private ran their mouth about the President  in Backwater, USA; and got popped for it.

Weird fucking times, for sure.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Not what I meant. I agree with you on the process and protocol and think it should be applied blindly.

Im talking about the general public (and the people here) and the response. If your team is being held in a brig for speaking out against the other team, you root for it and see it from a prism of injustice or oppression. The opposite and you get what we have here, so ho humming about how that’s the process and should have stayed in line and not made waves, etc.

I think most of us here are honest enough to see this as what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He spoke out against his superior officers, which is against regulations. 

He was ordered not to do so again. He did it anyway

He was arrested for failing to obey lawful orders. 

Unlike in the corrupt real world clown show, the military holds people accountable for breaking the rules. FAFO

And, weirdly enough, the First Amendment might apply here because for once there is state action, but military discipline has been held to be sufficiently compelling state interest that the protection of the First is mitigated.

• Hook 'Em 2

So Chain of Command only matters if an ex-President who cowardly backed out of serving is tacitly in charge of the military through illegal back-channels after a failed coup.  But legitimate orders passed down through an established Chain of Command by the established code of conduct, that's bullshit because it didn't clear the Battalion Commander who apparently is supposed to be stationed at a golf course near Miami awaiting conflicting order?  I have that right you cock-sucking Trump veterans who are a fucking embarrassment to your fucking uniform?!?!  Last I checked, you don't take your commands from a mushroom-dicked coward.  You take them from your general officers.  

41 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, you don't even have to go that far back to find criticism of the captain who lost command of his ship for going outside the chain of command to inform the public how bad the Covid situation was onboard. He wasn't held up as a hero, even though most of us agreed with his words.

this is true, and i recall my post on the subject: "it's not cool to let the world know your capital ships can't adequately respond to a threat."

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

If the shoe were on the other foot, you people would be clamoring the same. Can we at least be honest about that and how nakedly political the reality we live in actually is? 

Bullshit.  Utter bullshit.  Because the following:

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

His prosecution is about good order and discipline, not politics.  He is free to hold whatever opinion he wishes, but he is not free to publicly disparage his superiors or the administration, no matter who is in the White House.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Post an example and then we can point at laugh at those posters' hypocrisy together.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

He spoke out against his superior officers, which is against regulations. 

He was ordered not to do so again. He did it anyway

He was arrested for failing to obey lawful orders. 

Unlike in the corrupt real world clown show, the military holds people accountable for breaking the rules. FAFO

I don't care who the POTUS is, what the policy is, etc.  The military has its standard and order.  The consequences for violating it are known.  FAFO.  Period.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Give me some time when I can get back to a computer. I’ll either post an example we can share in laughter or I won’t find one and will have been wrong. 

Man I wish I had your blind confidence to make untrue and unsubstantiated claims and boldly defend them without evidence. You must be a sales guy, huh?

• Haha 4

Just now, Captainant said:

Man I wish I had your blind confidence to make untrue and unsubstantiated claims and boldly defend them without evidence. You must be a sales guy, huh?

You would be first in line claiming this guy was a political prisoner and being Nelson Mandela’d if Trump did this to someone speaking out about one of his political moves that folks disagreed with. Must be a politician, huh?

• Fuck You 14

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

You would be first in line claiming this guy was a political prisoner and being Nelson Mandela’d if Trump did this to someone speaking out about one of his political moves that folks disagreed with. Must be a politician, huh?

Bruh. That's quite a false equivalency there. This crayon eater is subject to the UCMJ, and had already gotten his hand slapped once and was issued a formal gag order in accordance with UCMJ regs. Which he then defied. 

Although I do appreciate your unintentional honesty that opposition to public health measures is nothing more than political theatre. 

Still waiting on evidence to back your claims....

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Bruh. That's quite a false equivalency there. This crayon eater is subject to the UCMJ, and had already gotten his hand slapped once and was issued a formal gag order in accordance with UCMJ regs. Which he then defied. 

Although I do appreciate your unintentional honesty that opposition to public health measures is nothing more than political theatre. 

Still waiting on evidence to back your claims....

I am not opposed to public health measures personally and I’m still mobile so I won’t be able to put any energy into looking for the evidence you want for a while. 

• Fuck You 5

Hurry up and deliver those damn donuts Donkey and find us that example of a liberal soldier that spoke out against his military commander, was warned not to do that again, did it again anyway, followed by the surly liberal cabal declaring that it wasn't fair for a liberal to have to follow his chain of command. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I am not opposed to public health measures personally and I’m still mobile so I won’t be able to put any energy into looking for the evidence you want for a while. 

Well then I'll keep pointing out whenever you're talking out your ass and misrepresenting posters to justify your position

• Hook 'Em 4

45 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Because Biden personally arrested him, duh.

Little known fact, Biden also moonlights as an MP after his bike rides.  That man is so prolific!

Oh, I get it.  My father had to "step in" as an MA on their frigate when basically every other MA/MP got rounded up by Moroccan law enforcement on some batshit crazy weekend.  He goes from the the blockade on Cuba in '62 to surface support off Vietnam in '63 and '64 to what he thought would be a cushy assignment as a PO3.  But everybody gets to Rabat (the base just south of it) and just goes fucking nuts.  I knew shit got weird because even my straight-laced dad tried hashish.  But yeah, most of the guys on the leave party got arrested, including most of the MA's.  It ends up being my dad and one other NCO MA and a handful of marines rounding this guys up, taking them back to the ship, and depositing them in the brig for the rest of the week.  Of course the whole trip home, these guys scowled at my dad every chance they got.  In the end, they finally understood sexually assaulting muslim women in the town square after trying heroin for the first time wasn't that cool.  A handful of those guys ended up a my father's funeral decades later.  Funny bunch, the U.S. Navy.  God bless 'em.   

4 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

If the shoe were on the other foot, you people would be clamoring the same. Can we at least be honest about that and how nakedly political the reality we live in actually is? 

I honestly don’t think anyone on this board would be trying to defend an active duty officer committing acts of gross insubordination on social media platforms. That fucker knew exactly what he signed up for and has been in long enough to make it to light colonel, which means he’s not too dumb and fairly good at kissing ass. Those guys will obey their commanding officers, or they will be drummed out of the service and / or sent to Leavenworth

3 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

So is this the part of the bit where you intentionally get yourself crowdbanned so you can come back as some other idiot?

• Haha 2