Fuck the Police!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard

On 2/23/2024 at 4:21 PM, shadow_operative said:

cop fucks this guy up, talks a bunch of shit to him, tell his he’s stupid, tells him he’s going to jail, then lets him go when he finds out he’s a veteran. so:

1)he pulled his gun on the guy on the motorcycle, indicating that this guy is a pretty serious threat

2)then saw the homeowner standing on his own porch, and decided to holster his weapon to go confront/attack him (so motorcycle wasn’t any sort of threat after all?)

3)then roughs up the innocent man for filming from his own porch, gives him a concussion, breaks the skin on the guy’s wrists from clicking the cuffs so violently, but then just lets him go once he finds out that he’s a marine corp vet

this fucking lunatic is all over the place. sadly typical of american police.

Trust the police, trust the police, trust em!

these assholes are trained in "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Suspended five days? Should have been charged with assault. 

More importantly, he shouldn't be a law enforcement officer dealing with the public. Lacks the composure, temperament or personality to effectively perform his duties.

If any of us acted that way while on the job, we may or may not get charged with a crime. But we'd all but certainly lose that job.

• Hook 'Em 5

• 3 weeks later...

Saw that story the other night. Besides the hard State time they have been sentenced to, Feds get to tack on big time. These fat, drunk and stupid racist scumbags deserve every day of it. Hope they get genpop. I hear Mississippi prisons are very progressive.

• 2 weeks later...

https://indyweek.com/news/wake/raleigh-cops-tell-judge-that-allowing-the-public-to-see-footage-of-a-botched-raid-would-be-dangerous/

Spoiler

Raleigh Cops Tell Judge that Allowing the Public to See Footage of a Botched Raid Would be “Dangerous”

A Raleigh family (and news outlets including the INDY) are suing the city of Raleigh to have body-cam footage documenting a raid on the family’s home released publicly. The judge has not yet ruled in the case.

On Tuesday, the Raleigh Police Department asked a judge to block the release of body-camera footage from the botched raid of Amir and Mirian Ibrahim Abboud’s home in April 2021. 

According to court records, an RPD SWAT team “suddenly and without warning, broke and busted open the Abbouds’ front door with a battering ram, pointing their long, AR-styled firearms at Mr. Abboud, Mrs. Abboud, and their 11-month-old son.” Though the search warrant was ultimately based on mistaken identity—State Bureau of Investigation agents confused Abboud with a neighbor who is also of Arab descent—the police refused to pay for the damage, court records show. 

In February 2023, the Abbouds filed a complaint against the SBI with the state’s Industrial Commission—which decides negligence claims against state agencies—alleging that the SBI errors caused the Abboud family “to experience severe emotional distress and trauma” and their infant son “severe trauma and developmental issues.” 

In December 2023, along with The Assembly and the INDY, they also sued the city to force the release of the SWAT team’s body-camera footage. According to the complaint, filed by the UNC School of Law’s Civil Legal Assistance Clinic, Raleigh police “wrongfully executed a ‘Quick Knock’ warrant”—meaning they kicked in the door before the Abbouds had a chance to open it—“terrorizing them and their child.” The complaint said the Abbouds hope releasing the footage will “provide the public with relevant information about the operation of a government-funded police force.”

Taxpayers have paid millions of dollars to equip police with body cameras, UNC law student Jack Salt told Special Superior Court Judge Matthew T. Houston during Tuesday’s hearing, which was held remotely. Withholding the footage “defeats the purpose,” he said.  

Under state law, body-cam footage is not a public record. But judges can release footage if they deem it necessary to “advance a compelling public interest.” 

Like what you're reading?

Support us, and we can write more of what you love.

Choose your INDY newsletters.

Whether you want daily updates or weekly round-ups, we've got what you need.

While numerous media outlets—including The Assembly, INDY, The News & Observer, WRAL, Rolling Stone, and Radley Balko’s The Watch—have reported on the RPD’s controversial use of “quick-knock” warrants, the RPD argued in court filings that the Abbouds’ request did not meet the “public interest” standard. 

The RPD pointed out that an attorney for the Abbouds had released home security footage of the raid online, which the police said made releasing the body camera footage redundant. At the same time, the RPD claimed that releasing the body camera footage might expose confidential information about search warrant execution or damage officers’ reputations. 

At Tuesday’s hearing, RPD attorney Sherita Walton told Houston—who was appointed by Senate leader Phil Berger last year—that the Abboud raid was “valid on its face” and insisted that none of the officers did anything wrong. Walton said releasing the footage would be “dangerous.” (The SBI also asked Judge Houston to withhold the footage.) 

As precedent, Walton pointed to a 2022 case in which a Wake County judge refused to release footage of the botched RPD raid of Yolanda Irving’s home in 2020. 

But in an email to Houston after the hearing, UNC Civil Legal Assistance Clinic director Elizabeth Simpson pointed out that the judge only denied the request “at this time” because the Irving family had yet to see the footage. In addition, Simpson said that multiple media outlets had not joined the Irving family in seeking the footage, as The Assembly and INDYhad done in this case. 

Simpson also disputed the RPD’s claim that there was no misconduct: “The officers did engage in unlawful conduct by entering the home simultaneously with their announcement. North Carolina law requires ‘Knock and Announce’ for warrant execution.” 

Simpson also implored Houston to reject the RPD’s suggestion that footage should only be released following incidents involving fatalities or serious injuries, citing a unanimous NC Supreme Court decision from December 2002: “History teaches us that opaque decision-making destroys trust; recent history involving police body cameras emphasizes this risk,” wrote Justice Robin Hudson, a Democrat who has since retired. 

Houston responded that he would “be in touch in short order.” 

Albuquerque police chief damn near killed a guy. Sped out of a red light, claimed someone was pointing a gun at him.

The man in the t-boned vehicle has asked the State Police to investigate. Not to color your preconceived opinion, but this is fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Video shows California police fatally shooting teenager who was reported kidnapped

Revealed: Savannah Graziano, 15, shot by sheriff’s deputies in 2022 while unarmed and following instructions to move toward them

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/01/california-police-video-shooting-15-year-old-girl-savannah-graziano

• Rage+1 6

When the car stopped near deputies, the footage shows, Savannah exited the vehicle, and a CHP official on the radio can be heard stating : “Girl is out, the girl is out, guys. She’s out on the passenger side.”

The video shows she crouches on the ground for about 10 seconds, and then walks toward a group of about seven deputies, followed by a boom that appears to be at least one deputy shooting her, though the department blurred out Savannah at this moment. The CHP dispatcher can be heard saying: “Oh no”.

The deputies were not wearing body cameras, but the department also shared audio from the belt of the deputy standing closest to the girl. That audio captures the deputy shouting: “Passenger, get out!” as gunfire is heard in the background. The deputy then shouts: “Come to me! Come, come, come … walk, walk, walk”.

He then says: “Hey! Stop! Stop shooting her! He’s in the car!” At least four shots can be heard in the background after he said to stop. The sheriff’s statement describing that audio said: “You can hear [a deputy] calling her over and telling other deputies that the person who exited the truck was the passenger and for them to stop firing, but it was too late.”

• Rage+1 5

On 3/20/2024 at 4:53 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

Has anyone waded through all that?  Very small data point but the constable in my neighborhood is helpful and seems like a much better option than calling HPD/911.

1 hour ago, huge said:

Has anyone waded through all that?  Very small data point but the constable in my neighborhood is helpful and seems like a much better option than calling HPD/911.

I read it when it came out a week or two ago. Pretty good read. Bottom line is that Harris County has empowered the constables to create a place in the law enforcement ecosystem that is unique in the state.

To your point about the constable being more helpful than calling HPD, that was one of the main points of the article. Basically, the constables don’t and won’t investigate real crime. They respond to nuisance shit which makes them viewed favorably in the community. All of these elected constables are greatly incentivized to go out and sell their services to neighborhoods to expand their fiefdom. 

One of the funniest things in the series was about a particular precinct that doesn’t have any HCTRA roads in it. The constable was mad because his precinct wasn’t getting any of that sweet, sweet HCTRA ticket revenue so HCTRA carved off a few miles of BW8 so that this precinct’s deputies could patrol it.

it makes some pretty good points that lead you to question the expansion of constables into law enforcement instead of being process servers since it is diverting resources away from the sheriff’s office.

19 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Video shows California police fatally shooting teenager who was reported kidnapped

Revealed: Savannah Graziano, 15, shot by sheriff’s deputies in 2022 while unarmed and following instructions to move toward them

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/01/california-police-video-shooting-15-year-old-girl-savannah-graziano

speed-hostage.gif

46 minutes ago, royiv said:

I read it when it came out a week or two ago. Pretty good read. Bottom line is that Harris County has empowered the constables to create a place in the law enforcement ecosystem that is unique in the state.

To your point about the constable being more helpful than calling HPD, that was one of the main points of the article. Basically, the constables don’t and won’t investigate real crime. They respond to nuisance shit which makes them viewed favorably in the community. All of these elected constables are greatly incentivized to go out and sell their services to neighborhoods to expand their fiefdom. 

One of the funniest things in the series was about a particular precinct that doesn’t have any HCTRA roads in it. The constable was mad because his precinct wasn’t getting any of that sweet, sweet HCTRA ticket revenue so HCTRA carved off a few miles of BW8 so that this precinct’s deputies could patrol it.

it makes some pretty good points that lead you to question the expansion of constables into law enforcement instead of being process servers since it is diverting resources away from the sheriff’s office.

I see them as preventative more than anything.  I guess it's a luxury, to pay extra for fewer shitty interactions.

6 minutes ago, huge said:

I see them as preventative more than anything.  I guess it's a luxury, to pay extra for fewer shitty interactions.

I hear you, but it eventually contributes to a bigger gap between the haves and have nots as opposed to actually addressing the root problem. Since that’s not going to happen any time soon we play with what we have, I suppose.

2 hours ago, royiv said:

This is my main complaint with them, other than the fact that they're cops. They're basically an extension to an overly bloated traffic enforcement department. And since this is their bread and butter, they over police their precincts to the point of near harassment, in my experience. And as you pointed out, they cannot and will not investigate/solve crimes. They're the epitome of "don't you have anything better to do?" Nope... It's their job to be all up in your shit. 

Being process server, also as you've already pointed out, can be handled by HCSO. So what's the point of having them? Oh, right. "Safer streets"

But if anyone can post the articles, I'd appreciate it. 

4 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This is my main complaint with them, other than the fact that they're cops. They're basically an extension to an overly bloated traffic enforcement department. And since this is their bread and butter, they over police their precincts to the point of near harassment, in my experience. And as you pointed out, they cannot and will not investigate/solve crimes. They're the epitome of "don't you have anything better to do?" Nope... It's their job to be all up in your shit. 

Being process server, also as you've already pointed out, can be handled by HCSO. So what's the point of having them? Oh, right. "Safer streets"

But if anyone can post the articles, I'd appreciate it. 

I’ve been pulled over (knocks on wood) exactly once in the last 23 years and it was by a Harris County Constable about the lack of a front license plate on my car. Want to know where said traffic stop occurred? While I was in the drive-thru line at the Raising Cane’s in my neighborhood. That’s real impactful law enforcement right there.

• Haha 3

On 4/1/2024 at 6:39 PM, HenryJames said:

I’m sure the guys who murdered her all got raises.

@Brisketexan warned us a while ago that the cops were being taught to consider anyone not in blue to always be an immediate threat to their lives.

turns out a fucking group of FIRED/DISOWNED/DISGRACED ex-cops have been hosting paid training seminars for years where they were supposed to help train via seminars with hundreds, if not thousands of cops in attendance (each one being paid out of each departments taxpayer supplied yearly training funds)....  where these cops were taught how to be a "street cop" and supposedly handle future altercations with the public.

Now, what could possibly go wrong with a seminar led by roided-up, full-of-themselves, former fired cops with a chip on their shoulder teaching active cops how to handle surviving in the urban apocalypse of post-covid roving gangs looking to kill any cop at any time at any minute???.... gotta keep your head on a swivel if you want to survive COPPER!!!!!!!!

so yeah, turns out other than paying $699 per cop per seminar, the cops were ACTIVELY taught how to just ignore probable cause pullovers, how to treat women "bitches and hoes" with complete distain, brag about their 3 inch penis' and basically brag about how they dont like when their orders are ignored and to just go ahead and start shooting....

these idiots filmed the seminars, and somehow the Comptroller of New Jersey recently got ahold of them and had to de-certify every NJ cop who had ever attended any of these seminars....

• Rage+1 3

19 hours ago, royiv said:

I hear you, but it eventually contributes to a bigger gap between the haves and have nots as opposed to actually addressing the root problem. Since that’s not going to happen any time soon we play with what we have, I suppose.

So then the question becomes, should we NOT pay for the constable to patrol our streets and ostensibly help deter petty crime in order to close that gap?  That's a tough ask.

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

@Brisketexan warned us a while ago that the cops were being taught to consider anyone not in blue to always be an immediate threat to their lives.

turns out a fucking group of FIRED/DISOWNED/DISGRACED ex-cops have been hosting paid training seminars for years where they were supposed to help train via seminars with hundreds, if not thousands of cops in attendance (each one being paid out of each departments taxpayer supplied yearly training funds)....  where these cops were taught how to be a "street cop" and supposedly handle future altercations with the public.

Now, what could possibly go wrong with a seminar led by roided-up, full-of-themselves, former fired cops with a chip on their shoulder teaching active cops how to handle surviving in the urban apocalypse of post-covid roving gangs looking to kill any cop at any time at any minute???.... gotta keep your head on a swivel if you want to survive COPPER!!!!!!!!

so yeah, turns out other than paying $699 per cop per seminar, the cops were ACTIVELY taught how to just ignore probable cause pullovers, how to treat women "bitches and hoes" with complete distain, brag about their 3 inch penis' and basically brag about how they dont like when their orders are ignored and to just go ahead and start shooting....

these idiots filmed the seminars, and somehow the Comptroller of New Jersey recently got ahold of them and had to de-certify every NJ cop who had ever attended any of these seminars....

Ripped from the pages of "Duh: a Journal of the Obvious."

This is just the seminar that was recorded.  What do you think cops teach each other when the cameras aren't rolling?  Yep.  Exactly this shit.  The law and the Constitution are for pussies.  Be a big dog, and do whatever you want!  That's the cop way!  Nobody tells us what we can and can't do!

The institution of American law enforcement is broken beyond repair.  There is no solution.  We need cops.  Seriously, any ordered society actually does need cops.  But the cop culture we have is so poisonous that it's hard to tell what's doing a better job of killing us: the disease or "the cure."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, huge said:

So then the question becomes, should we NOT pay for the constable to patrol our streets and ostensibly help deter petty crime in order to close that gap?  That's a tough ask.

That's not a Constable's job. They serve papers.

As Per The Miami Herald

Spoiler

Trooper smashes window of Hooters to steal beer taps, Florida cops say. He’s fired

Olivia Lloyd

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.miamiherald.com%2Fnews%2Fnation-world%2Fnational%2F510sxy%2Fpicture287348785%2Falternates%2FFREE_1140%2FScreenshot%25202024-04-03%2520123049_fitted.png&fo=webp&w=640&edition=en_US

A Florida Highway Patrol trooper is accused of smashing the window of a Hooters overnight and stealing beer taps from the restaurant, authorities said.

Now, he’s out of a job.

The Daytona Beach Police Department responded to a burglary alarm at around 1:30 a.m. on March 28, according to a Volusia County arrest affidavit.

An officer reported finding a large, shattered window and a truck sitting in the otherwise empty parking lot.

He approached the truck and saw a 49-year-old man from Palm Coast who appeared to be putting something into the bed, according to the report obtained by McClatchy News.

When he spoke with the man, he initially told the officer he was on his way home from his friend’s house and was looking for some place to use the bathroom, police said. The man also said he was looking for a place to get food, but the officer countered there was a 7-Eleven and a Wawa less than 500 feet away that were both open, according to police.

As the two were talking, the officer said he noticed the man had glass on his shoes.

When the Hooters manager arrived, police viewed surveillance footage showing a cinder block hurled into the window and the man entering the restaurant, authorities said.

He was captured on camera walking around inside holding a flashlight and a white bucket, according to police. He went behind the bar and removed four beer taps, placing them in the bucket before leaving and loading the items into his truck, police said.

The trooper was charged with burglary of a dwelling or structure causing damage in excess of $1,000, Volusia County records show. His attorney information is not available in case records. All four beer taps were recovered, police said.

He was fired from the Florida Highway Patrol that same day, according to the agency.

“FHP is an institution dedicated to serving and protecting the public, and integrity is the foundation of our professionalism and credibility,” a spokesperson told McClatchy News in an emailed statement. “Due to the serious nature of the recent allegations, the Executive Director issued an extraordinary dismissal, thereby terminating his employment immediately.”

The former trooper’s actions do not reflect the agency’s “core values,” the spokesperson said.

Daytona Beach is on the east coast of Florida, about a 60-mile drive northeast of Orlando.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:53 AM, Pancho said:

Guess I'm missing something on this one.  Can't tell one way or the other if the bottle is sealed.  It doesn't look completely full to me.

Would they not pour it out though?