Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

Um...

Report: Jon Gruden used racially insensitive language in referring to NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith in 2011 email

Spoiler

The email, sent to the president of the Washington Football Team as the NFL and its players were in the midst of trying to resolve a lockout, said that Smith had "lips the size of michellin tires,"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32362483/report-jon-gruden-used-racially-insensitive-language-referring-nflpa-president-demaurice-smith-2011-email

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I like how his defense of using one racial stereotype ("lips the size of michellin tires") in referring to DeMaurice Smith is justified by his use of a completely different descriptor ("rubber lips"). He sure likes talking bout lips.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes, because Michelin lips is just good ol' fashioned fun.

What if he called him a fat ass. Or that he had a 5 head. You pussies will turn anything into bullshit it’s not lol   Pull up Instagram and see every chicks face in there with lips like inner tube 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

39 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

What if he called him a fat ass. Or that he had a 5 head. You pussies will turn anything into bullshit it’s not lol   Pull up Instagram and see every chicks face in there with lips like inner tube 

who knew fuzzy zoeller posted on Surly?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Gruden proofreading before hitting send:

"Oops. I used 'there' instead of 'their'. I'll fix that and that dangling participle. Anything else? Nope. Looks great."

*send*

36 minutes ago, Deej said:

People putting racist shit out their for everyone to see? It's been our world for some time. 

This is top shelf.  Bravo, good sir

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Race hustlers’ delight. 

Good to see the usual suspects here hustling it up.  Clockwork…

That shit is inexcusable. You think rolling out the "big lipped" trope was unintentional? I hate the gotcha police, but come on...he's taking a dig at the guy and he knew what he was doing. He didn't misspeak.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This is dumb, and you should feel dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Race hustlers’ delight. 

Good to see the usual suspects here hustling it up.  Clockwork…

No one is hustling shit up. We're making fun of Gruden and anyone else who questions why comparing a black man's lips to michelin tires is frowned upon. If thats something you would do freely, I invite you to attend the next session of the longhorn defensive line position group  and refer to each player by which tire manufacturer you feel their lips best represent. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

No one is hustling shit up. We're making fun of Gruden and anyone else who questions why comparing a black man's lips to michelin tires is frowned upon. If thats something you would do freely, I invite you to attend the next session of the longhorn defensive line position group  and refer to each player by which tire manufacturer you feel their lips best represent. 

What tire make lips is your straw man sporting?

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

That shit is inexcusable. You think rolling out the "big lipped" trope was unintentional? I hate the gotcha police, but come on...he's taking a dig at the guy and he knew what he was doing. He didn't misspeak.

No, he should take a ration of shit, but the whole cancel bullshit is ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden