This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I wanted Sark to succeed but we're just spinning our wheels here. We'll absolutely be replacing him in the next 2-3 years. He's not the guy. He'll recruit his way to an additional year or so but he won't be able to get it done. He's fragile and it infects our players, namely the offense. 

Wanted him to succeed too but he’s a coordinator not HC.  He got a halo effect for being at Bama and Texas stupidly fell for it.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Wanted him to succeed too but he’s a coordinator not HC.  He got a halo effect for being at Bama and Texas stupidly fell for it.

When he's on, he can scheme and call amazing plays. But it seems that he can't make adjustments for shit and D's are starting to figure out his shit. And his playcalling is fucking stupid shit level right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Sark’s body language on the sidelines when shit turns sideways tells you all you need to know.

He squats down and buried his face in his play sheet and stares confused into the distance. How many times when they cut to a sideline shot is he taking to a player or another coach? Ya know…coaching?

He gets overwhelmed by the moment and goes to his happy place, which is staring at a bunch of plays on a piece of paper while the game goes on without him.

I have noticed this too. It's weird to me it's not a bigger topic of discussion. Herman and Strong caught hell for their poor body language during games. Sark squirms when shit goes left. It's all over his face. Another data point the guy is a coordinator not a head coach. 

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 3

The book on Sark is play a light box, have all of your linebackers crash the line at the snap to snuff out the run and man up our receivers outside. If you can block well Bijan can exploit that with big plays but if not, Sark only knows how to dial up the deep ball to Worthy. It’s terrifying how simple it is to scheme against our coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Newy25 said:

The book on Sark is play a light box, have all of your linebackers crash the line at the snap to snuff out the run and man up our receivers outside. If you can block well Bijan can exploit that with big plays but if not, Sark only knows how to dial up the deep ball to Worthy. It’s terrifying how simple it is to scheme against our coach. 

And we actually have increíble weapons to scheme against this defense in Whittington and Sanders.

Run some fucking 10-yard in routes or quick slants. What the fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Criminal to continue to play the inferior QB, directly resulting into two losses. I wonder how this is playing in that locker room. They know their multi-million dollar QB ain't it (yet). 

Yup, that is the single biggest flag of several with Sarkisian. 

Football is the ultimate team sport. When you continue playing an inept QB while sacrificing the good of the rest of the team, you're no longer fit to lead the team.

Seems that is where we are.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Bijan had 12 touches in a 17-10 game.

Remember when we were all excited because we were convinced Sark wouldn't fuck over Bijan and squander his talent like Herman did. FUCKING SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Just like with D'onta, we wasted a great running back, except this one was a generational talent like Ricky who you should've used to sell your program to recruits and show what you were capable of. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I have noticed this too. It's weird to me it's not a bigger topic of discussion. Herman and Strong caught hell for their poor body language during games. Sark squirms when shit goes left. It's all over his face. Another data point the guy is a coordinator not a head coach. 

Why don't you tell us again about the monster Jimbo is building before you give us your opinion.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Heard someone say he didn’t think it was fair to ask Card to win that game.

Only a loser would think that way.

If Card isn’t amped the fuck up to try and come in and get a win from behind, then he shouldn’t even be suiting up.

This statement right here tells me all I need to know about Sark. Fire his ass 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

One second half offensive TD in the last four games.

Also, 6 points on our last 18 offensive drives.  EIGHTEEN FUCKING OFFENSIVE DRIVES AND WE'VE MANAGED 6 POINTS.  Even Colorado and TARLETON scored more points against TCU than we did.  KU tripled our point total.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I'm amazed that we keep hiring offensive coaches and yet we still seem to suck on offense when it matters the most. Maybe we should stop falling for gimmicks and hire the best overall coach available. 

I'm going to get shit but Lincoln Riley is that dude. Fuck him but that motherfucker can coach, especially QBs.

Sarkisian said in the presser he didn’t put in Card because it wouldn’t be fair to put him in and make him try to save the day. 

You could try and excuse the same rationale, maybe once, when Ewers was unbridled dogshit in Stillwater. But you have your head coach with (again) that sort of mentality tonight? 

Sarkisian shouldn't be the head coach here. Pretty simple. I like the guy. But he's not fit to be leading a team.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sarkisian said in the presser he didn’t put in Card because it wouldn’t be fair to put him in and make him try to save the day. 

You could try and excuse the same rationale, maybe once, when Ewers was unbridled dogshit in Stillwater. But you have your head coach with (again) that sort of mentality tonight? 

Sarkisian shouldn't be the head coach here. Pretty simple. I like the guy. But he's not fit to be leading a team.

Yeah that excuse doesn't hold water considering Ewers was showing signs of being MIA in the 1st half and it was a one score game for virtually the entire game.

He just needs to be honest and tell people he's fully invested in the Ewers project for the future and he's willing to sacrifice wins now so he gets experience. 

Looking worse after our bye week should tell you that Sark is ain’t it and he won’t last longer than 2 more years. Excuses like youth and inexperience can only take you so far. Like I said on another thread, at least he’ll leave some offensive talent for our next bad hire(if they don’t portal).

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Yeah that excuse doesn't hold water considering Ewers was showing signs of being MIA in the 1st half and it was a one score game for virtually the entire game.

He just needs to be honest and tell people he's fully invested in the Ewers project for the future and he's willing to sacrifice wins now so he gets experience. 

Maybe he's still masturbating to film on what Ewers did to OU. We've seen what a masterful Ewers can do. Unfortunately, we may never see that Ewers again.

Just now, crash_davis said:

Maybe he's still masturbating to film on what Ewers did to OU. We've seen what a masterful Ewers can do. Unfortunately, we may never see that Ewers again.

Well we're rarely going to face a defense as inept as OU was that day. So maybe we'll get that every 4-5 games of Ewers career. 

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Heard someone say he didn’t think it was fair to ask Card to win that game.

Only a loser would think that way.

If Card isn’t amped the fuck up to try and come in and get a win from behind, then he shouldn’t even be suiting up.

Yep. I don’t think it’s Card it’s Sark. He like literally has no clue how bad Ewers was tonite or vs Okie Lite. He was asked if he thought about putting in Card and why he didn’t do so. He wasn’t asked why didn’t he put him in in the last few minutes. Sark took it upon himself to answer it that way. It was why didn’t you put Card in at all. Not why didn’t you put Card in the last two possessions. Sark is arrogant and thinks he knows everything. If he wants to call plays he needs to be in the fucking booth and watching the game. He does us no hood on the sideline not talking to players…squatting with his face buried in the playbook and hardly looking up. Either get a real OC or get in the fucking booth. He will never be the elite HC he sorely thinks he is and wants to be if he keeps doing what he did as HC before regardless of sobriety. If you do what you’ve always done you’ll get the results you’ve always gotten. Damn. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I remember a time when I hated Sark for being incompetent for only scoring 3 to 6 points in second halves. He showed promise by kicking ass in the first half. I miss those days since now he sucks for the entire game and dresses like a clown. Well yet another JAG that is not the guy. I was hoping the light would come on but the guy is lost the second his original plan stops working. In today's case and Arkansas case last year he is even worse when the original plan never works.

7 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

It’s so frustrating because he is doing so many of the other aspects of coaching, recruiting, and running a program very well, but he just stinks on ice when it comes to in-game management. I expect some improvement as Ewers and this offensive line mature and develop, and we get some additional receiving threats, but he may need to turn the play calling over to Milwee. 

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

It’s so frustrating because he is doing so many of the other aspects of coaching, recruiting, and running a program very well, but he just stinks on ice when it comes to in-game management. I expect some improvement as Ewers and this offensive line mature and develop, and we get some additional receiving threats, but he may need to turn the play calling over to Milwee. 

Yep he's either a HC or OC but definitely not both. Assigning a play calling OC this off-season would go long way, but don't see it happening. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Newy25 said:

8 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

And we actually have increíble weapons to scheme against this defense in Whittington and Sanders.

Lol. TCU loaded the box from the first snap. That's why we couldn't run on them, and also why the slant passes weren't going to be open. They didn't believe we could throw over them and they were right. They were absolutely taking away anything short. 

Edited by Thatguy

8 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

8 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Since the replay is up I thought I would show you what QE was looking at on the very first play the offense stepped on the field. Count the box-9

Screenshot (311).png

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think you’re really overrating our talent.

Really?

Quinn was supposed to be the perfect QB.  And Card was a 4-star.  Either the scouts were unanimously wrong, or our coaches have failed to develop them. 

Bijan and Roschon will both play in the NFL (and Bijan is being called the best prospect since Saquon Barkley).  Worthy is a 5-star and Whittington is an all-around badass.  And the O line has improved -- they're mediocre, but not terrible.

And these guys have scored 6 points in their last 6 quarters?  Playing for an offensive guru?

Talent is not our problem, at least not on offense.

Christ, this exact same roster is *at least* 8-2 under Saban, Urban, Dabo, Kiffin, Riley, etc.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, TexArcher said:

Really?

Quinn was supposed to be the perfect QB.  And Card was a 4-star.  Bijan and Roschon will both play in the NFL (and Bijan is being called the best prospect since Saquon Barkley).  Worthy is a 5-star and Whittington is an all-around badass.  And the O line has improved -- they're mediocre, but not terrible.

And these guys have scored 6 points in their last 6 quarters?  Playing for an offensive guru?

Talent is not our problem.

Bijan is a generational talent. Sanders shows flashes. Whitt and Rojo are serviceable. That’s it on O.

Quinn was supposed to be the perfect QB? I mean, ok?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Bijan is a generational talent. Sanders shows flashes. Whitt and Rojo are serviceable. That’s it on O.

We really have seemingly nothing other than the marquee players.

Billingsley got a target, big drop.  Milton got one and backpedaled oob for no reason.  Sanders and Whitt had early drops.  Worthy worthied unworthily.

Other teams, including TCU, have backups or non-marquee players that step up and make plays.  We don't seem to.

We had three receivers catch balls last night.  TCU had 11.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Whitt and RoJo are a hell of a lot more than serviceable.

You just mentioned 4 really good skill position players and you forgot Worthy and two very highly rated quarterbacks.  That's 7.

How much more skill position talent does a great offensive coach need??

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We really have seemingly nothing other than the marquee players.

Billingsley got a target, big drop.  Milton got one and backpedaled oob for no reason.  Sanders and Whitt had early drops.  Worthy worthied unworthily.

Other teams, including TCU, have backups or non-marquee players that step up and make plays.  We don't seem to.

We had three receivers catch balls last night.  TCU had 11.

That was the thought that kept going through my head last night. We don’t have any playmakers. No one that can step up and make a play when it’s needed.

@TexArcher we’ve had talent on paper for the past 13 years.

Watch’em play.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Really?

Quinn was supposed to be the perfect QB.  And Card was a 4-star.  Either the scouts were unanimously wrong, or our coaches have failed to develop them. 

Bijan and Roschon will both play in the NFL (and Bijan is being called the best prospect since Saquon Barkley).  Worthy is a 5-star and Whittington is an all-around badass.  And the O line has improved -- they're mediocre, but not terrible.

Talent is not our problem, at least not on offense.

Christ, this exact same roster is *at least* 8-2 under Saban, Urban, Dabo, Kiffin, Riley, etc.

All that said we've lived through having talent and a QB not playing well. Other teams stack the box and we go nowhere. QB play killing this offense right now.

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

None of those guys is more overrated than Worthy.

He’s been really disappointing.

One other thought I had last night is I wouldn’t mind if he hit the portal at the end of the year.

I know you’re not supposed to say that about elite speed, but counting on him to make a play when you need it is a losing recipe.