This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Just now, PostGameOrangeSlices said:

Oh I disagree. There is plenty of humor to be found here.

Just don't act like you guys are big dicking programs for football coaches. Because you aren't.

Literally nobody is doing that. We’ve sucked for over a decade. You think any of us are unaware of that?

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, PostGameOrangeSlices said:

Yeah, you guys can hire anyone you want with your money bags.

Which is why your last 3 coaches are G5, G5, and Sark.

DeBoer is not going to Texas. Deal with it.

Maybe you're retarded, in fact I'm betting on it. Anyhoo, you may not have noticed that we hired Steve Sarkisian. We didn't money whip him or really try to money whip aynyone else. In fact, that's a source of frustration here. We have more money than anyone else, but we don't use it to hire football coaches.

Stop with the parroting bullshit. You're letting your stupidity hang out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think all we learned is that Keilan for sure isn't RB1.  Brooks was good and Baxter was at a high school all star game last night.  Yes, none of them were as good as Bijan, but expecting any of them to look like Bijan in their first game as a starter is a Message Board Genius level hot take.

Absolutely, but refusing to use Brooks in a traditional RB role while trying to force #7 into that role is stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I mean, yes, if your expectation is 12 wins next year then I regret to inform you on day 1 of the offseason that you will be disappointed.

The roster holes are much less glaring than they were last year.

My expectation is 7-8 wins. I HOPE we win more, but I doubt it.

41 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I mean, yes, if your expectation is 12 wins next year then I regret to inform you on day 1 of the offseason that you will be disappointed.

The roster holes are much less glaring than they were last year.

Why are we okay with accepting this in Sark's third year? Herman left us a bunch of trash + a few key players like Bijan, Ford, DMo, etc. We struggled in year 1, supposedly processed out most of the trash, and leaned on those key players in year 2, giving Sark enough time to rebuild the roster with strong recruiting classes + the portal. Now we're going to lose the remaining key Herman players over the course of this + next offseason, and this is the team we're left with? Our WR group is subpar. Our O-line was exposed without Bijan + Rojo. Ford looked lost on defense without DMo and we still have big needs at DE, D-line, and DB. The realities of where this team is are not matching up with the timeline. At this point there are still too many holes in our roster and our coaching to handwave it all away with 'patience', and there are too many examples of coaches turning around teams much faster. Joey McGuire was a high school coach just a few years ago and he matched our record at Texas Tech in year 1, for Christ's sake.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

6-7 wins likely gives him year 4.  Maybe 5 wins does.  

5-7 got Charlie shitcanned after 3 years, and I sure as hell would hope it gets Sark fired as well. 8-4 would probably be my minimum for keeping this clown around. If you are going backwards in year three, you need to be find somewhere else to scam a paycheck. Still cant believe we hired this f'n choad. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

You are probably right about another year, but it also gives you aggy like recruiting and departures. I doubt a year five.

I’m too lazy to look up sarks contract but towards the end we will have to add years for recruiting purposes.  Otherwise opposing coaches will point to his shorter timeline 

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

5-7 got Charlie shitcanned after 3 years, and I sure as hell would hope it gets Sark fired as well. 8-4 would probably be my minimum for keeping this clown around. If you are going backwards in year three, you need to be find somewhere else to scam a paycheck. Still cant believe we hired this f'n choad. 

I wasn't pro -Sark and I think the jury is still out.  W//Ls can't be the ONLY data point though.  Even coach K, I know different sport, had off years.  However, Sark has never won ten games.  At some point, it's on him, his resume right?  He's going into year 3, Herman can't be the boogie man anymore and we can't blame it on Card or Casey either.  It's all on you next year Sark

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

There's a not very outrageous path to 11 wins and a would-have-been rematch with TCU this season.

Whether one sees that as evidence of a frustrating shitshow or as an encouraging step that the a few playmakers and more experience can build on depends, I suppose, on one's point of view.

I think it's more accurate to say it depends on whether or not you're in touch with reality.

I said, at the beginning of the season, that I saw a team with a ceiling of 7 wins, based on the talent (or more accurately, the lack thereof) alone. Two things happened that led to us exceeding that: Hudson Card playing above any reasonable expectation after Ewers' injury, and the unexpected development of our LB corps -- Jaylan Ford in particular.

We've only had two really good recruiting years in the past dozen; one of those classes is on campus today as freshmen, the other hasn't even arrived on campus yet. There's always room for criticism of the staff, but football games are won and lost by players making plays. If you don't have the players, if you don't have the playmakers, you're not going to win many games. We lost that game yesterday because Washington has more better players than we do. It's that simple. Would Overshown, Roschon and Bijan being on the field have changed the outcome? Absofuckinglutely and you're in denial if you don't recognize that.

Greg fucking Davis won a Broyles Award, for chrissakes; do you think that massive, 5th-year-laden OL, a kid named Jamall Charles, and Vince motherfucking Young might've had something to do with that?

My point is, after we've loaded up on a few good classes and they've been in the same system for more than two years straight, we'll know what Sark's actual ceiling is. And not before that. I'm not saying it won't be 8 wins... but if Mack Brown can beat his biggest divisional rival, if Greg Davis can win a Broyles award, anything is possible.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

we did not have championship talent on the lines of scrimmage.  Our center, guards, and DEs were and are jags.  

And our QB was a freshman. Herman's lack of recruiting in certain areas came home to roost this year. I knew that this was not a one or two year turnaround when Sark was hired. I knew that we would be 8-5  or 9-4 this year. We will be improved next year.

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I think it's more accurate to say it depends on whether or not you're in touch with reality.

I said, at the beginning of the season, that I saw a team with a ceiling of 7 wins, based on the talent (or more accurately, the lack thereof) alone. Two things happened that led to us exceeding that: Hudson Card playing above any reasonable expectation after Ewers' injury, and the unexpected development of our LB corps -- Jaylan Ford in particular.

We've only had two really good recruiting years in the past dozen; one of those classes is on campus today as freshmen, the other hasn't even arrived on campus yet. There's always room for criticism of the staff, but football games are won and lost by players making plays. If you don't have the players, if you don't have the playmakers, you're not going to win many games. We lost that game yesterday because Washington has more better players than we do. It's that simple. Would Overshown, Roschon and Bijan being on the field have changed the outcome? Absofuckinglutely and you're in denial if you don't recognize that.

Greg fucking Davis won a Broyles Award, for chrissakes; do you think that massive, 5th-year-laden OL, a kid named Jamall Charles, and Vince motherfucking Young might've had something to do with that?

My point is, after we've loaded up on a few good classes and they've been in the same system for more than two years straight, we'll know what Sark's actual ceiling is. And not before that. I'm not saying it won't be 8 wins... but if Mack Brown can beat his biggest divisional rival, if Greg Davis can win a Broyles award, anything is possible.

I was told Texas was STACKED, despite freshmen OL, freshman QB, no pressure from the edge, etc. Texas has a lot of talent scattered on the roster, but Texas is not STACKED because neither the distribution nor the depth are there, yet. On the lines, especially, a fourth or fifth year 3-star is typically going to handle a young 4- or 5-star. That’s not because the 5-star’s coach sucks. Maybe we can think back to Cory Redding get his ass beat against NC State to remember that it happens but that people get bigger and stronger and bring that back around in spades.

IMO, Sarkisian and Flood are building an OL to beat people down. Getting playmakers on defense. Stocking skill on offense. Sarkisian isn’t blameless for some of the failings and he needs to address those. I think he’s building a system that reloads and patches holes with the portal, rather than churning portal all the time. When he has his experienced elite QB and RB behind his version of Studdard, Seindlein, etc. we’ll see. This has been a shitshow since McCoy got hurt against Alabama and Brown started coasting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I was told Texas was STACKED

lol... by whom? Certainly not anyone who was paying attention; have you SEEN our last few draft classes? We've been celebrating kickers and punters getting NFL jobs. You don't get those guys drafted if your team is worth a damn; they don't get enough playing time.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 years to 6, that was the difference between the Washington IOL and the Texas one. Outside of the WRs dropping every other catchable ball thrown their way, that is reason Washington controlled the LOS of both sides of the ball and won the game. Washington's long drives were achieved through explosive runs on 2nd and long, setting up 3rd and shorts.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

16 years to 6, that was the difference between the Washington IOL and the Texas one. Outside of the WRs dropping every other catchable ball thrown their way, that is reason Washington controlled the LOS of both sides of the ball and won the game. Washington's long drives were achieved through explosive runs on 2nd and long, setting up 3rd and shorts.

Sold.  Time to give sark a raise

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

lol... by whom? Certainly not anyone who was paying attention; have you SEEN our last few draft classes? We've been celebrating kickers and punters getting NFL jobs. You don't get those guys drafted if your team is worth a damn; they don't get enough playing time.

They will never understand. I mean one of the top players we signed during the Herman era, had to portal to the FCS because he was a bad football player. Texas will be really good, when the 2022 OL class are upperclassmen. Next year depends on how Ewers and the skill talent improve after losing Robinson and Johnson. The OL will likely be breaking in 2 new starters that will be 1st time starters. The defense will likely take a step back unless Hill becomes a freshmen AA type. The talent is finally coming and the coaching staff is showing signs of development. Next season is going to be a big year for Marrion. His room is likely the biggest key to the offense becoming more consistent. He needs to show he can develop these guys.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

How do you evaluate the interplay of raw talent versus years in a college football nutrition, weight lifting, and time in system at a P5 program level?

I mean, other than contentless, throwaway one-liners.

What are your expectations for freshmen and sophomores playing against juniors and seniors on the lines? Is that a relevant factor to you?

Edited by Doc Daneeka

On 11/23/2022 at 11:47 AM, closetojumping said:

...when it comes to slinging arrows at the doubters. It’s laughable. Hope in him may wind up paying off, and I hope he gets it done, but hope is all we have. 

I always (or at least almost always) enjoy your posts, so I'm just mentioning this because it  made me chuckle.

For some reason, I got a visual in my head of a guy actually trying to use a sling to launch an arrow.  Then I visualized another guy standing beside him, asking, "What in the fuck are you doing?"  

And that made me laugh.

52 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I was told Texas was STACKED, despite freshmen OL, freshman QB, no pressure from the edge, etc. Texas has a lot of talent scattered on the roster, but Texas is not STACKED because neither the distribution nor the depth are there, yet. On the lines, especially, a fourth or fifth year 3-star is typically going to handle a young 4- or 5-star. That’s not because the 5-star’s coach sucks. Maybe we can think back to Cory Redding get his ass beat against NC State to remember that it happens but that people get bigger and stronger and bring that back around in spades.

IMO, Sarkisian and Flood are building an OL to beat people down. Getting playmakers on defense. Stocking skill on offense. Sarkisian isn’t blameless for some of the failings and he needs to address those. I think he’s building a system that reloads and patches holes with the portal, rather than churning portal all the time. When he has his experienced elite QB and RB behind his version of Studdard, Seindlein, etc. we’ll see. This has been a shitshow since McCoy got hurt against Alabama and Brown started coasting. 

The team is stacked. Just because you want to blame the players doesn't mean the coach is just a fucking baffoon. 

Every single starter at Texas starts almost everywhere in P5 save for playoff teams. Save me the bullshit about the talent not being on the roster and having a bunch of shit head nobodies playing for Texas. 

The most explosive player and player responsible for all the touchdowns had 6 fucking touches. Sark is a loser. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

the coaching staff is showing signs of development.

Care to point out these "signs of development"?  Was it continually playing an inferior rb while the most explosive back only get 6 touches (and scores 2 tds).... Or maybe it was continuing to play and force the ball to a wr with little to no interest in playing in this game.

I'm genuinely curious what are the signs of development?

Edited by austintiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

How do you evaluate the interplay of raw talent versus years in a college football nutrition, weight lifting, and time in system at a P5 program level?

I mean, other than contentless, throwaway one-liners.

What are your expectations for freshmen and sophomores playing against juniors and seniors on the lines? Is that a relevant factor to you?

I’ve flipped buddy.   Sark was given a shit hand and these are the best results we can expect.  Can’t judge him until ALL of Herms trash is gone and when we can finally get our NIL game going. 

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’ve flipped buddy.   Sark was given a shit hand and these are the best results we can expect.  Can’t judge him until ALL of Herms trash is gone and when we can finally get our NIL game going. 

That’s about the answer I was expecting. Need to find this fabled “ignore” option. 

30 minutes ago, immamac said:

The team is stacked. Just because you want to blame the players doesn't mean the coach is just a fucking baffoon. 

Every single starter at Texas starts almost everywhere in P5 save for playoff teams. Save me the bullshit about the talent not being on the roster and having a bunch of shit head nobodies playing for Texas. 

The most explosive player and player responsible for all the touchdowns had 6 fucking touches. Sark is a loser. 

Keep in mind Washington had bmds that helped with the portal.  We don’t have that yet

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is complete and utter burnt-orange-sunglass-wearing delusion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Sark winning 10 games would absolutely be a breakthrough in his coaching career because he’s only won 9 games 1x.

Counting on Sark to win 10 games a year is foolishness to the nth degree.

To be clear, I’m not “counting” on Sark regularly winning 10 games a year. As I said, that is my optimistic scenario for him if he accumulates enough talent, and that scenario is still on the table after this year. It’s not like I’ve bet the rent money on that happening, and I won’t be particularly surprised if it doesn’t. 

As I am not CDC, Jay Hartzell, Kevin Eltiffe, or a BMD, my opinion has exactly zero influence on how long Sark is the coach of Texas no matter how many scathing diatribes I post on a message board. Accordingly, I choose to take the optimistic view of his tenure for as long as possible. If you prefer to digitally rage at the heavens for the next 2+ years, that is certainly your right. You’ll have a lot of company on this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

To be clear, I’m not “counting” on Sark regularly winning 10 games a year. As I said, that is my optimistic scenario for him if he accumulates enough talent, and that scenario is still on the table after this year. It’s not like I’ve bet the rent money on that happening, and I won’t be particularly surprised if it doesn’t. 

As I am not CDC, Jay Hartzell, Kevin Eltiffe, or a BMD, my opinion has exactly zero influence on how long Sark is the coach of Texas no matter how many scathing diatribes I post on a message board. Accordingly, I choose to take the optimistic view of his tenure for as long as possible. If you prefer to digitally rage at the heavens for the next 2+ years, that is certainly your right. You’ll have a lot of company on this thread. 

The beauty part is, no matter what, short of an undefeated national championship, “Sarkisian should have done more” or “Sarkisian should have done that last year.”

Watch. If Texas plays in the conference championship game in 2023 there will be the “he should’ve done it last year” crowd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The beauty part is, no matter what, short of an undefeated national championship, “Sarkisian should have done more” or “Sarkisian should have done that last year.”

Watch. If Texas plays in the conference championship game in 2023 there will be the “he should’ve done it last year” crowd. 

And if he doesn’t, you and the other HOLD THE ROPE crew members will be here to present another round of excuses for him.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

And if he doesn’t, you and the other HOLD THE ROPE crew members will be here to present another round of excuses for him.

The only excuse I’d accept is rampant injuries. 

I get that you think playing freshmen on the OL and at QB is an “excuse” but a lot of people consider it a reason.

For the record, though, since apparently few here can grasp anything other than binaries, I’ve repeatedly mentioned the things I think he’s screwed up and needs to hold himself accountable for. 

4 hours ago, PostGameOrangeSlices said:

Yeah, you guys can hire anyone you want with your money bags.

Which is why your last 3 coaches are G5, G5, and Sark.

DeBoer is not going to Texas. Deal with it.

Haha.  I am in the Sark will work out camp but you should check with Aggie to see how their Texas will never join the SEC proclamation.  You may want to reevaluate your thoughts on things Texas will never do. 

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

This is not accurate.  Texas currently has LBs that shouldn't start, our pass rushers are disappointing, WRs are not that great, some OL should be backups, and part of the 2023 DTs wouldn't start at several P5 schools.

We couldn't open any holes in the fuckin' running game last night and our pass protection at times was ass.  Not getting more hits on the Huskie QB was ridiculous, and missed tackles and the LB play last night were terrible.

The Texas roster is getting better, but still is void of great playmakers at several spots.  Yeah the coaches need to step up and do a better job, but some of the fuckin' players need to get their heads out of their asses this coming spring and summer and go to work on getting better.

Until Texas can better control the lines of scrimmage on offense and defense, we are gonna continue to see 3 or 4 close games against teams that Texas should beat in 2023.  Texas has to learn how to win more of those close games.  That's the responsibility of both the coaches and players.

Snark couldn’t careless about this LOS stuff, he wants qb stats and prove he is what he tells everyone he is ‘the qb whisperer’ or whatever BS, this fraud is in his ugly thick head. Fire this clown! 

• Fuck You 13