This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

6 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Thats why the move made no sense to me. Sure, Sark could end up working out but nothing about his resume suggests he’s an upgrade. His biggest accomplishments as HC were on par with Herman’s Texas tenure. We could be 4-3 with Herman right now and be in a position to hire someone who has accomplished something better than bowl eligibility in his HC career. Or maybe Herman would’ve done better who knows. Either way why bet the next several years on a lateral move?

Lol, what. He’s won 9 games exactly 1 time in 8 seasons as a HC.

Herman has done it 3x in 6 years.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

The problem is we are on no.4 in less than ten years. Somebody somewhere has got to show us something. 

And we now have two weeks in a row where Sark and the team melted down before our eyes. 

As a fan seeing the same shit now on the 4th iteration is a fucking beating and makes sense that people are fucking twisted. And at what point do you cut bait and try again or do you let someone ride shit out. I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

The problem is we are on no.4 in less than ten years. Somebody somewhere has got to show us something. 

And we now have two weeks in a row where Sark and the team melted down before our eyes. 

As a fan seeing the same shit now on the 4th iteration is a fucking beating and makes sense that people are fucking twisted. And at what point do you cut bait and try again or do you let someone ride shit out. I don't know. 

Welp. Saban ain't walking through that door, neither is urban meyer or even Jon gruden. 

So, rinse and repeat or commit to one of these guy for more than 3-4 years. Probably going to suck either way. 

4 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Riding it out is the only realistic choice.   We’re all in with this dude unless he shows up drunk.  

3 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Thats why the move made no sense to me. Sure, Sark could end up working out but nothing about his resume suggests he’s an upgrade. His biggest accomplishments as HC were on par with Herman’s Texas tenure. We could be 4-3 with Herman right now and be in a position to hire someone who has accomplished something better than bowl eligibility in his HC career. Or maybe Herman would’ve done better who knows. Either way why bet the next several years on a lateral move?

Herman sucked as a coach.  If he was so good or worth keeping why didn’t one of the 1000 colleges in the country hire him?  Because he sucks, that’s why.  I am not a Sark apologist but the talent on this team sucks, period.  You could have Saban, Meyer, Swinney and Belichick all on the coaching staff and guess what, the O line would still suck, the WR’s would still not be able to catch the ball or break away and the QB would be mediocre at best.  Bijan would still be incredible no matter who the coach is.  It is hard to call an offense when you can’t run or pass block.  I have watched plenty of Patriots games over the last 20 years and even Belichick and Brady at QB looked like shit when the O line was horrific.   The Horns line is the worst I have seen in my 30 plus years watching this team.   The D is just as bad when it comes to talent.  Maybe just maybe they can’t tackle or take good angles not because of the coaches but because they are slow, weak and not that talented overall.  Show me the players on D that would start at any Top 25 school in the country?  Show me the offensive players on this team that would start at any Top 25 school in the country.  Bet you can count the number on one hand and if you take Bijan out of the equation there may not be any.  Think about that for a second.  Not a handful of players that would start for any other top teams but we expect Sark to magically make them good?  Now if Sark doesn’t bring in better payers in the next 12 months then yes, he sucks and will be fired after 3-4 years.  

18 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

In Smart’s first year at UGA, he lost to Vandy, Tenn, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech and barely beat Nicholls State to go 7-5 regular season. I’m not saying Sark is gonna be Smart, but I’m certainly gonna give him more than half a year before I call for his head.

We’re in the “what anomaly can we find in the college football annals to try and convince ourselves we didn’t make another horrible coaching hire” phase.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. You would think after over a decade of this shit, some would be fed up. Last week was one of the worst losses we have had this past shit decade. The way we blew that game and how everything was exposed at once from Sark to Casey. But they really sat on their high horse and negged anyone who spoke out like pussies. It made them feel superior because they believe in Sark. Like there is some waiting period before we can criticize him. I am going to guess those dorks aren't going to be so vocal this week. Because remember, last week meant nothing and we are still on our path for our goals lmao. This fanbase have submitted so much to OU that last week was actually success.

Well, furk.

Now I feel like aggy, not that I was defending Sark for that shit-show.

Here we go again. We have exactly two elite players on this roster. 2. Just because there is a Longhorn on the side of our helmets you expect us to just walk in the stadium and win. Today Bijan was a wash vs Warren. So where are the other plays going to come from? Who do we have that's better than OSU? And don't tell me about recruiting rankings, show me with the eye test.

Bottom line, we keep running off coaches and we are going to keep getting the same result, a panicked head coach throwing development to the wind for a "win now or else" fanbase. Until we as fans and alum change our approach, we are going to continue to get the same results. We are just not a good football team. Mediocre QB play, bad O-line play, and mediocrity across the board on defense. Bijan and X can't save us by themselves.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’re in the “what anomaly can we find in the college football annals to try and convince ourselves we didn’t make another horrible coaching hire” phase.

Well sure, when you’re dealing with a decades-long creeping realization that your school is never going to be good at football again, and you have to welcome a new coach every three years, you find yourself jonesing for an anomaly or two.

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Here we go again. We have exactly two elite players on this roster. 2. Just because there is a Longhorn on the side of our helmets you expect us to just walk in the stadium and win. Today Bijan was a wash vs Warren. So where are the other plays going to come from? Who do we have that's better than OSU? And don't tell me about recruiting rankings, show me with the eye test.

Bottom line, we keep running off coaches and we are going to keep getting the same result, a panicked head coach throwing development to the wind for a "win now or else" fanbase. Until we as fans and alum change our approach, we are going to continue to get the same results. We are just not a good football team. Mediocre QB play, bad O-line play, and mediocrity across the board on defense. Bijan and X can't save us by themselves.

HOLD THE ROPE!

THE WORM IS TURNING

1 minute ago, naija said:

Herman had to go. Memories are short, but some are forgetting about the things that went beyond just what was going on for 4 hours on Saturdays.

Ah yes. Is this where we discuss rumors about a coach drinking on the jo…. Eerrrr… a coach’s rumored infidelity?

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Ah yes. Is this where we discuss rumors about a coach drinking on the jo…. Eerrrr… a coach’s rumored infidelity?

no, was talking about the absolute sinkhole that recruiting had become (losing legacy 5-star recruit for one) and the general chaos that surrounded the football program. not all of it his fault and the admin made a sacrificial lamb of him, but he was well compensated for his time. the program had reached a point where no avenue of light was seen. divorce the decision to hire Sark away from the decision to fire Herman. you can evaluate them independently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, naija said:

no, was talking about the absolute sinkhole that recruiting had become (losing legacy 5-star recruit for one) and the general chaos that surrounded the football program. not all of it his fault and the admin made a sacrificial lamb of him, but he was well compensated for his time. the program had reached a point where no avenue of light was seen. divorce the decision to hire Sark away from the decision to fire Herman. you can evaluate them independently. 

I have.

see above where I said it was time for Herman to go. Agree about recruiting.

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Here's what I truly don't get- How is it that we literally cannot find a single WR that can fucking catch in the entire state. Our best WR is from Cali. Where the fuck are we going wrong?

We are getting blown out every week lol they are going to Ohio state 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

In Smart’s first year at UGA, he lost to Vandy, Tenn, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech and barely beat Nicholls State to go 7-5 regular season. I’m not saying Sark is gonna be Smart, but I’m certainly gonna give him more than half a year before I call for his head.

We gave the saban example after Herman’s first year and it was dumb af then as it is saying smarts first year blah blah blah.

Edited by Rockethorn1978
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

HOLD THE ROPE!

THE WORM IS TURNING

One day you guys will stop with the "We're Texas" and start looking at the product on the field. We DID NOT evaluate our talent well. J-Whitt is not a 5 star wide receiver. The other receivers are physically meh. We have no special players anywhere on defense. Remember back when we did? Sergio Kindle blowing an assignment but the speed at which he did so? Mike Davis being able to run past anyone but being an idiot? Holton Hill? Even Chykie? Talented players flash brilliance even when they don't really know what they are doing, just look at X. No clue how to run routes but the ability is obvious.

The program needs to get back to filling it's shelves with NFL looking kids and then go about the act of teaching them how to play football. As long as the head coach is always on the hot seat, potential recruits will hesitate before coming here due to not knowing if the coach will be there long term. This is a vicious cycle created by Texas' expectations.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

One day you guys will stop with the "We're Texas" and start looking at the product on the field. We DID NOT evaluate our talent well. J-Whitt is not a 5 star wide receiver. The other receivers are physically meh. We have no special players anywhere on defense. Remember back when we did? Sergio Kindle blowing an assignment but the speed at which he did so? Mike Davis being able to run past anyone but being an idiot? Holton Hill? Even Chykie? Talented players flash brilliance even when they don't really know what they are doing, just look at X. No clue how to run routes but the ability is obvious.

The program needs to get back to filling it's shelves with NFL looking kids and then go about the act of teaching them how to play football. As long as the head coach is always on the hot seat, potential recruits will hesitate before coming here due to not knowing if the coach will be there long term. This is a vicious cycle created by Texas' expectations.

This argument assumes that top end  players will still come to a program that is losing 7 games a season a la Strong or even winning 8 games a season a la Herman.

they won’t.

Edited by lilMAC25

17 minutes ago, naija said:

Herman had to go. Memories are short, but some are forgetting about the things that went beyond just what was going on for 4 hours on Saturdays.

And no one is saying it was a mistake to fire Herman.  They are saying Sark does not look any better than the previous guy who sucked. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

5-7
7-6
7-6
7-6
8-4
9-4
3-2
4-3

50-38
Bowls 2-2

He is Jeff Fisher without the D. He has never lost less than 4 games in a full season. Meanwhile, Gundy has lost 3 or less in 7 of the last 12 seasons.

If you’re just on an ass grind you should at least acknowledge the TBoone shit show game that you count the game as screw over.

BTW if you understand the OSU then you can’t rule out how the scales a tipped.  

yes the Big 8 is as crooked as the Kansas City mob and Cleveland County Ok police.

bahaha

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Welp. Saban ain't walking through that door, neither is urban meyer or even Jon gruden. 

So, rinse and repeat or commit to one of these guy for more than 3-4 years. Probably going to suck either way. 

I'd go after Fickell.  USC probably gets him though.

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

And no one is saying it was a mistake to fire Herman.  They are saying Sark does not look any better than the previous guy who sucked. 

Yep. Herman definitely needed to go. But then came the hire and it was as deflating as possible. Sark is no better than Herman or Charlie. He's a fucking loser retread. It was a typical NFL hire. They love retreads. 

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Enabled by the Big 12 agenda.  If they are pissing down our leg you’re pretty stupid to think it raining.  Just understand this a corrupt conference!

it’s ok.  BTW there is no Santa Claus!!!

21 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We are getting blown out every week lol they are going to Ohio state 

Yeah, I know. But I look at lower tier teams and even they have a go-to WR. I truly think that Andre Coleman just sucks at his job. There's just something wrong when you have 4-5 former hs All-Americans who were lighting it up and then regressing once they hit our campus. They're being taught shitty technique. Even if you watch Xavier he catches the call with his body, he just happens to be so talented that he can overcome that for now. It's like they don't work on how to properly catch a ball with their hands. They have a shitty teacher, just like Meh was. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, I know. But I look at lower tier teams and even they have a go-to WR. I truly think that Andre Coleman just sucks at his job. There's just something wrong when you have 4-5 former hs All-Americans who were lighting it up and then regressing once they hit our campus. They're being taught shitty technique. Even if you watch Xavier he catches the call with his body, he just happens to be so talented that he can overcome that for now. It's like they don't work on how to properly catch a ball with their hands. They have a shitty teacher, just like Meh was. 

Yep that is the question. Is it a lack of talent or is this program just rotten from the core and their talent dies when they get here. We play in a very rich state for high school players. OU gets them just fine and they show out just fine up there. What is going on down here? It seems this program just drains them of their talent. Could be the system is not being favorable to their talent. Our offensive playcalling is piss poor too often. We are about as generic as it gets. Like a boring ass Jason Garrett offense.

And it has been over a decade since we've fielded a very legit QB. Sure, Sam had some good moments here but he was up and down every year. And if he's your best QB in over a decade, then that is a huge issue. What changed from 2000-2009 to 2010-present? It is night and day at every aspect from talent, playcalling, QB talent, coaching and so on. This program has went downhill ever since that night we lost to Bama in 2009. And there is no end in sight. It's the same bullshit cycle of firing coaches every 3 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Ah BS.  Herman puked on pipelines of talent and dug us a hole.  Our dumbass administrator are busy covering their ass instead using our money and influence.  If Saban had come all this shit would have quashed in season one.  Kick everybody’s ass Sark.  Be SEC now.  Translation act like every team that has won in the SEC.  Pay’em, keep’em eligible, and for God sake throw our BSM’s money and influence into everything!

He's good at watching tape and coming up with a game script based on what he's seen from opponents, but once opponents make in game adjustments on him he becomes the human shrug emoji. It's a massive indictment of the previous coaching staff (and the holdovers) that this is roster that either has no talent at a lot of positions or just flat out cannot develop talent (hi Andre Coleman) but you want to make $5.7 million a year and be the head coach at Texas find ways to win coin flips games.

The things that get me about Sark - he wouldn’t look at film and picked Card first and didn’t portal for OL. You could argue both of those deficiencies are the reason we’ve lost 3 games.  Seems kinda moronic. I’m not saying he can’t find a groove and win big but those concern me. His second half disappearing acts are hard to stomach as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Yep. Bret  Bielema was 12-1 his first year at Wisky.  If we could only hire someone like that.

Edited by ruitxn

hes been thoroughly out coached the last 2 weeks in the second half and i think its because hes a former player listening and reading how great he is. but he has puked down the front of his fucking shirt in the second half the last 2 weeks. Bijan had 5 touches in the second half on rushes. thats fucking brain dead. we are exactly who we were last year with fucking brain dead herman. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

hes been thoroughly out coached the last 2 weeks in the second half and i think its because hes a former player listening and reading how great he is. but he has puked down the front of his fucking shirt in the second half the last 2 weeks. Bijan had 5 touches in the second half on rushes. thats fucking brain dead. we are exactly who we were last year with fucking brain dead herman. 

Hard to get touches when you have, what, 5, 6 three and outs in the second half.