Offense C
Points per game: 35.2
Rush yards per: 176.5
Pass yards per: 289.3
Total yards per: 465.8
Avg per play: 6.5
3rd Down Conversion: 48.9%
TOP avg: 30.47

Depends on the defenses they each faced. 

19 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Which offense is best?

Offense A
Points per game: 42
Rush yards per: 195.3
Pass yards per: 280.1
Total yards per: 475.4
Avg per play: 6.6
3rd Down Conversion: 37.4%
TOP avg: 27:48

Offense B
Points per game: 39.4
Rush yards per: 213.9
Pass yards per: 233.5
Total yards per: 447.4
Avg per play: 6.7
3rd Down Conversion: 44.8%
TOP avg: 29:04

Offense C

The one playing us in 4Q

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Which offense is best?

Offense A
Points per game: 42
Rush yards per: 195.3
Pass yards per: 280.1
Total yards per: 475.4
Avg per play: 6.6
3rd Down Conversion: 37.4%
TOP avg: 27:48

Offense B
Points per game: 39.4
Rush yards per: 213.9
Pass yards per: 233.5
Total yards per: 447.4
Avg per play: 6.7
3rd Down Conversion: 44.8%
TOP avg: 29:04

Offense C

I'm going with B for the 3rd down conversion and 6.7 avg.

Unless this is a trick question, then I'm going with fuck whichever one is OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

A = 2020
B = 2021
C = 2019

The stats and the eye test say to me it's the same shit....

Sam Cosmi, Duvernay and Collin Johnson were on that 2019 and 2020 roster with the third most prolific QB Texas has ever had LOL. Your eye test is broken. Tom Herman is a good OC, meathead HC but a damn good OC. Casey Thompson is a JAG, no whittington now and a 160lb true freshman who we shouldn't even have on the roster is our best receiver. Sark is an even better OC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We will have to agree to disagree. A great OC doesn’t lead 7 straight 3 and outs. A great OC finds a way to get his Heisman caliber back involved. Sark is a great OC when he has 5 stars all over the place. But so would I….

Edited by Fastbreak

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

We will have to agree to disagree. A great OC doesn’t lead 7 straight 3 and outs. A great OC finds a way to get his headman caliber back involved. Sark is a great OC when he has 5 stars all over the place. But so would I….

The offense is fine. Texas is ranked 15th in FEI with a below average OL, QB, and WRs. 18th last year and 9th the year before. I really dont get the complaints about the offense. This team is 1-2 loss team with a non-vomit inducing defense. Sark's issue as a HC is not the offense, but the shit show that is the defense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

We will have to agree to disagree. A great OC doesn’t lead 7 straight 3 and outs. A great OC finds a way to get his headman caliber back involved. Sark is a great OC when he has 5 stars all over the place. But so would I….

In 2015 against a very shitty Charlie strong team, a Lincoln Riley with baker mayfield led offense scored 17 points, 278 total yards, 67 rushing yards on 37 attempts for an astounding 1.8 ypc, 3-12 on third down. They punted 7 times and their last drive with the game on the line…5 plays for -8 yards and ended in a punt. Couple weeks later against tcu they ended the game 14-36 190 yards passing, and won 30-29. 2016 they got their asses kicked by Houston and their offense looked like shit. You think Riley sucks because he had a couple bad quarters? That’s ridiculous. You can shit on sark as a head coach but he’s still a damn good OC. 

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Going to have to side with Kirby on this one...does coach matter - sure, do players matter more - absolutely

11 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

When Kirby gets out coached by a coach heading a team with similar talent then we will let Kirby tell us how coaching does not matter.

in full context he said coaching is 25% of the equation. Coaching can't ever make up for poor recruiting. If you can only have one, recruiting far outweighs coaching.  The reason Saban can roll coach after coach through Alabama is not because he's just so far better a coach than anyone else, it's because he's been a far better recruiter over the years than most everyone else.

in full context he said coaching is 25% of the equation. Coaching can't ever make up for poor recruiting. If you can only have one, recruiting far outweighs coaching.  The reason Saban can roll coach after coach through Alabama is not because he's just so far better a coach than anyone else, it's because he's been a far better recruiter over the years than most everyone else.

I thought Saban was a far better coach than others but now I am questioning whether the liberties with which he and other SEC types take in recruiting is the difference.

What he and Smart are attempting to do is get a higher rated player at every position than you.

Well yeah if you can do that, you will beat your opponent most times. However most teams operate in the same arena talent-wise.

6 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Steve Sarkisian has already been blown out more times at Texas in 8 games than Tom Herman did in 4 fucking seasons.

anyone that watches the players play hard, take halftime leads,  then get blown out in the 2nd half 4 times in a row and says it is the players doesn't understand football.

Steve Sarkisian and this staff are dogshit bad.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Steve Sarkisian has already been blown out more times at Texas in 8 games than Tom Herman did in 4 fucking seasons.

Been saying it all year. QBing matters. We are all going to really miss Sam when we look back. He was a far better QB than he was given credit for.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Been saying it all year. QBing matters. We are all going to really miss Sam when we look back. He was a far better QB than he was given credit for.

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

it’s a shame we didn’t hire a QB guru then….

Edited by lilMAC25

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

...dude. it's a lot more than just a quarterback.

6 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Anyone that is still blaming the players is a fucking idiot 

6 hours ago, dcar00 said:

you are a riot...this coach and staff is fucking awful.

6 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

it’s a shame we didn’t hire a QB guru then….

6 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Guess who never lost 4 games in a row at Texas?

Ncaa Football Texas GIF by ESPN College Football

You guys are tiring. You guys are right. We have had Greg Davis, Bryan Harsin, Major, Shawn Watson, Jay Norvell, Sterlin Gilbert, Tom Herman, and now Steve Sarkisian, and every one of them has looked like they forgot how to call plays while coaching here. But its the coaches right? We just seem to keep hiring incompetent coaches, right? If you can't seem to EVER hire a coach that knows what they are doing, after awhile its probably YOU and not THEM.

You guys are the parents who have a daughter who is on her 5th husband, but every guy she finds ain't shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 11:55 AM, tbone_ said:

That’s going to Kirby’s downfall if he really believes that. Sometimes talent will be equal, then what?

News flash, Saban believes it too. That’s why he’s in college football. It doesn’t matter what you call if the guys you have can’t run it. It’s about players, always and forever

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You guys are tiring. You guys are right. We have had Greg Davis, Bryan Harsin, Major, Shawn Watson, Jay Norvell, Sterlin Gilbert, Tom Herman, and now Steve Sarkisian, and every one of them has looked like they forgot how to call plays while coaching here. But its the coaches right? We just seem to keep hiring incompetent coaches, right? If you can't seem to EVER hire a coach that knows what they are doing, after awhile its probably YOU and not THEM.

You guys are the parents who have a daughter who is on her 5th husband, but every guy she finds ain't shit.

Who said anything about playcalling 

38 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

In this idiotic analogy, you’re the guy who tells your daughter to stay with the first guy she married despite the fact that he refuses to work and is physically abusive. Just stick it out honey, you’ll learn to love him. He hits you because he loves you. You made a commitment!

Edited by lilMAC25

37 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Davis - gave up football after 5 shit years at Iowa

Harsin - Auburn is 66th in ppg and managed 3 pts yesterday

Major - now the OC at South Alabama (53 rd in ppg)

Watson -  has taken his talents to the FCS 

Norvell - HC at Nevada, and has done a good job there, although I have no idea if he calls plays there or not.

Gilbert - OC at Syracuse (75th in ppg)

Herman - contributing to the offensive juggernaut that is the Chicago Bears (31st in scoring) 

Quite the murderers row of play calling talent there. After leaving Texas, they have gone on to revolutionize the game of football as we know it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

....after awhile its probably YOU and not THEM.

I see a lot of this sentiment rising up.  I suppose it might be true.

But if so, how, specifically, is it the fault of the fans, that Texas continues to be shitty?

At last count I believe it's two chancellors, three school presidents, four ADs, four head coaches, countless coordinators, all new players cycling in over the past decade, and still, a continued shit product on the field.  

So if it's our fault... how?

Football is a complimentary thing, and a lot of you guys seem to be forgetting that. We have mediocre Quarterbacks to start. The O-line doesn't offer them much time to process the field so as a result their bio-clocks naturally get sped up. This causes them to try to decide by presnap alignment whats going to be open instead of going through their progressions. Now before you say "But ThatGuy, a coach is supposed to coach that out of them". When you are getting hit constantly, its a natural reaction to start looking for it. This is the EXACT reason why DCs do what they do, and EXACTLY WHY the QB Hurry stat is tracked. Every QB we've had since Colt has been a victim of this with Sam being the only one who recovered from it. It's the same thing that happened to David Carr and it ruined his career. He could never recover from the footsteps.

Now, for this particular football team you ask the question how do you get better on the o-line? Well obviously practice. But what if the dudes you are practicing against are JAGS and can't get pressure on the QB? It's like stepping in the batter's box against 50mph pitches in practice, and then in the game the getting 92 thrown at you. You aren't going to be a good hitter like that. Good players across from you get you better at what you do. This is the exact thing that Nick Saban told the recruit that recorded him.

Bottom line is we need better players, and we need to allow a coach to get those players coached up. Bijan didn't get valuable snaps last year and now he struggles in pass protection. Had he gotten those snaps maybe a couple of the last games go differently because a lot of the hits and hurries QBs took the last few weeks were his fault. We sacrificed his development time. We will continue to wander the desert if all these things aren't addressed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

But if so, how, specifically, is it the fault of the fans, that Texas continues to be shitty?

At last count I believe it's two chancellors, three school presidents, four ADs, four head coaches, countless coordinators, all new players cycling in over the past decade, and still, a continued shit product on the field.  

Duh, we don't wait long enough when we see shitty coaching even though we have no actual effect on what happens anymore because the money train rolls with or without us.  

the Herman firing was actually unique for us.  we usually wait until the wheels completely fall off record-wise.  Herman would have won 9 games last year.

yes Mack was fired after a 9 and 8 win season but we fucked that all up by hiring Patterson and Charlie and never recovered.

8 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

In this idiotic analogy, you’re the guy who tells your daughter to stay with the first guy she married despite the fact that he refuses to work and is physically abusive. Just stick it out honey, you’ll learn to love him. He hits you because he loves you. You made a commitment!

This is nowhere near what I said, and you simply hoisted the goalposts over your shoulder and moved them where you wanted them. In my scenario the woman needs to be told that she needs to work on herself. Texas thinks that it should be better than it is and deserves more than it should. We are a trash team with a couple good players who constantly are learning a new system because we keep hiring and firing coaches. But you guys keep it up. The next guy will get the ship righted. Or the next guy after that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This is nowhere near what I said, and you simply hoisted the goalposts over your shoulder and moved them where you wanted them. In my scenario the woman needs to be told that she needs to work on herself. Texas thinks that it should be better than it is and deserves more than it should. We are a trash team with a couple good players who constantly are learning a new system because we keep hiring and firing coaches. But you guys keep it up. The next guy will get the ship righted. Or the next guy after that.

well it won't be Steve Sarkisian, I will give you that...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I think he means the "royal you," not the fans specifically.  It's not the sole cause of our problems, but we do apparently have some culture issues that are pretty systemic.

It really only makes sense.  We basically recruit on this "we're Texas," "we're a blueblood," "we're tarnished football royalty," and it seems to work on a certain type of player.  And those players go on to largely underachieve.  Plus, you add in the party/lifestyle aspects of Austin, and the general emphasis on academics and perhaps it is, in fact, a toxic stew for football players.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Davis - gave up football after 5 shit years at Iowa

Harsin - Auburn is 66th in ppg and managed 3 pts yesterday

Major - now the OC at South Alabama (53 rd in ppg)

Watson -  has taken his talents to the FCS 

Norvell - HC at Nevada, and has done a good job there, although I have no idea if he calls plays there or not.

Gilbert - OC at Syracuse (75th in ppg)

Herman - contributing to the offensive juggernaut that is the Chicago Bears (31st in scoring) 

Quite the murderers row of play calling talent there. After leaving Texas, they have gone on to revolutionize the game of football as we know it. 

Collection of brilliant offensive minds there. Tim Beck is having the best year of the bunch, ain't saying much is it?

Urban Meyer looked at this roster, this authentic department, the infrastructure and said No thanks. It can’t be fixed fast and it may not be fixed ever. The second best college coach behind saban said nope. What do you fuckers think Sark can do? Can we give a coach time to work through problems instead of lighting him on fire? That’s where our expectations should be, they should be we suck and let’s start being average for a few years then take a step. It’s a long process. 

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Zero goalposts were moved. I simply pointed out the truth of your analogy. 

Sticking it out, just to stick it out, is inane. When an employee shows their utter incompetence, you don’t stick with them because you made a commitment and his direct reports need continuity. You fire the incompetent fuck and you move on.

Edited by lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think he means the "royal you," not the fans specifically.  It's not the sole cause of our problems, but we do apparently have some culture issues that are pretty systemic.

It really only makes sense.  We basically recruit on this "we're Texas," "we're a blueblood," "we're tarnished football royalty," and it seems to work on a certain type of player.  And those players go on to largely underachieve.  Plus, you add in the party/lifestyle aspects of Austin, and the general emphasis on academics and perhaps it is, in fact, a toxic stew for football players.

Yes, but the small fan opinions affect the big fans who influence the decision making. That pressure makes coaches make decisions for the short term that hurt the long term. It's a vicious cycle.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do we?  People say this kind of thing all the time, but is it true?  Most of the players we recruit, also have offers from other major programs.  If they had gone to those other programs, would they have worked harder?  Tried more?   Simply been better players?

People also like to talk about the party/lifestyle in Austin.  There are plenty of other colleges with lots of opportunities for the players to party, but if it is indeed something endemic to the city of Austin, then there's never anything any of us can do about it, and that dipshit poster with the "we're cursed" thread is actually right.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yes, but the small fan opinions affect the big fans who influence the decision making. That pressure makes coaches make decisions for the short term that hurt the long term. It's a vicious cycle.

Our opinions don't mean jack shit to Red McCombs and the other big money.  They're Don Draper-- they don't think about us at all.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

No you didn’t. You took it to a ridiculous extreme just for the sake of being argumentative.

Oh for fuck’s sake. 

I’m not the one who introduced a ridiculous analogy about woman on her fifth marriage.

Edited by lilMAC25
Clarity
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1