This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

There’s a chance when the rankings come out our losses are to a #4, #10, #12ish, and #25ish. Lol. 3 big 12 teams will be in the top 15. But yeah fuck sark lulz 

arkansas is gonna end up last in the SEC west.  OU should have lost to Kansas and is very flawed.  Baylor is the king of average.

He sucks.  these are the same posts I remember seeing about Charlie.

If only Steve Sarkisian had a previous history as a head coach that we could look at and see how he did.

There is nothing in his background at any place he's been to suggest he's up to being the HC at a major, high profile program.  If a major corporation hired a CEO with his track record (personal and professional), they'd be laughed off Wall Street and their stock would plummet.

Texas needs to upgrade fast considering the SEC might be two years out.  SEC West gonna run a train on Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Texas needs to upgrade fast considering the SEC might be two years out.  SEC West gonna run a train on Texas.

Upgrade how?  We are stuck with sark for minimum 4 years. Get used to it. I think he is ok and has potential, but regardless, he’s here now and when we go to the sec. We are going to be second tier, just like we’ve been the past decade. Get used to that too. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Upgrade how?  We are stuck with sark for minimum 4 years. Get used to it. I think he is ok and has potential, but regardless, he’s here now and when we go to the sec. We are going to be second tier, just like we’ve been the past decade. Get used to that too. 

Get rid of him now and get someone that is worth of a high profile job.

2 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Can you image keeping him if we lose to Isu?  Thankfully that won’t happen. 

The SEC move it likely after next season.  LSU's new coach will be in year 2 at that point and have far superiors players to Texas.  Throw in butt fuckings by Bama, OU, Georgia, whoever, etc. and it's going be a butt fucking without lube.

If Texas keeps Sark, it might not have a winning record in Year 1 or Year 2 of the SEC.  Meanwhile, OU might win the west in the first year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The SEC move it likely after next season.  LSU's new coach will be in year 2 at that point and have far superiors players to Texas.  Throw in butt fuckings by Bama, OU, Georgia, whoever, etc. and it's going be a butt fucking without lube.

If Texas keeps Sark, it might not have a winning record in Year 1 or Year 2 of the SEC.  Meanwhile, OU might win the west in the first year.

Oh. That’s and I as in Iowa state university.  Not L as in Louisiana state university.  

Edited by ONE YARD
  • Fuck You 1

I think it’s hard to get a read in him. 

1. The talent he inherited is bad. He has an OL that can’t wait for the snap to move, let alone block. His QB can’t consistently see the open receivers. The receivers can’t catch. The TEs are slow, and are also poor blockers. There are two keepers on offense- Worthy and Robinson. Defense is a similar mess. 
2. The team is soft, mentally and physically, and that’s a reflection on the coach. Even shitty coaches can have tough teams. Other teams coaches are saying, “Keep it close and Texas will fold in the second half if we’re physical” and they’re right. 
3. The league’s officials are putting their thumbs on the scale, and that matters in close games. The picked up holding call in the TCU game, the overlooked OU receiver running out of bounds, the ISU pf call on Texas (and the non call on OSU), and the non call on roughing the punter in the BU game- the players are thinking, “if the game is close in the second half, the officials will screw us” and they’re right. 

This off season will be make or break for Sark. He needs to dramatically upgrade the talent. He needs to purge the roster (playing the backups to our dreary starters will get him fired) and bring in a bunch of transfers. We need to pay them (NIL) so we can get good ones. This off season will show whether this program understands what it needs to do and whether it is willing to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, statsman said:

I think it’s hard to get a read in him. 

1. The talent he inherited is bad. He has an OL that can’t wait for the snap to move, let alone block. His QB can’t consistently see the open receivers. The receivers can’t catch. The TEs are slow, and are also poor blockers. There are two keepers on offense- Worthy and Robinson. Defense is a similar mess. 
2. The team is soft, mentally and physically, and that’s a reflection on the coach. Even shitty coaches can have tough teams. Other teams coaches are saying, “Keep it close and Texas will fold in the second half if we’re physical” and they’re right. 
3. The league’s officials are putting their thumbs on the scale, and that matters in close games. The picked up holding call in the TCU game, the overlooked OU receiver running out of bounds, the ISU pf call on Texas (and the non call on OSU), and the non call on roughing the punter in the BU game- the players are thinking, “if the game is close in the second half, the officials will screw us” and they’re right. 

This off season will be make or break for Sark. He needs to dramatically upgrade the talent. He needs to purge the roster (playing the backups to our dreary starters will get him fired) and bring in a bunch of transfers. We need to pay them (NIL) so we can get good ones. This off season will show whether this program understands what it needs to do and whether it is willing to do it. 

#2.  Sam Pittman is in Year 2 at Arkansas and Year 1 was covid and all that entailed.  His teams hit people on both sides of the ball.  They're not pussies.

#3.  Quit bitching about the refs.  It's the most Aggy thing on this board.  You're going to get skullfucked in the SEC.  I'm not kidding when I say this but they first year or two in the SEC, Texas might not go to bowls while OU wins the West.

Sark is a 7 win coach who drank his way out of a prime job at USC.  I know it's not fair to bring personal baggage into this but a major corporation would never hire a guy with Sark's baggage.

Texas is either serious about football or it's not.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a hard time blaming this one on Sark and staff.  OL can't block anybody.  A few plays cost us dearly.  Moore catches a pass for a nice gain in plus territory and gives the ball away.  Worthy is running wide open at the 5 and Casey misses him.  Moore has a ball clang off his hands and it gets picked.  That's enough points to win right there.  At some point, the players have to play, and a lot of our guys are just not very good at this level or have Grinch-sized hearts that are three sizes too small.  These guys cannot deal with adversity, and that's something you can't teach, and something you can't learn.  You're either mentally tough or you're not.  Too many of our guys aren't.  That being said, the fake punt was colossally stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

#2.  Sam Pittman is in Year 2 at Arkansas and Year 1 was covid and all that entailed.  His teams hit people on both sides of the ball.  They're not pussies.

#3.  Quit bitching about the refs.  It's the most Aggy thing on this board.  You're going to get skullfucked in the SEC.  I'm not kidding when I say this but they first year or two in the SEC, Texas might not go to bowls while OU wins the West.

Sark is a 7 win coach who drank his way out of a prime job at USC.  I know it's not fair to bring personal baggage into this but a major corporation would never hire a guy with Sark's baggage.

Texas is either serious about football or it's not.

Narrator: The University of Texas isn’t serious about football.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

There’s a chance when the rankings come out our losses are to a #4, #10, #12ish, and #25ish. Lol. 3 big 12 teams will be in the top 15. But yeah fuck sark lulz 

That's a very Aggie type moral victory.   

We are who our records says we are, which is to say a very average team. 

If we had beaten those teams, they would be ranked something like 12, 19, and unranked....It's because we suck that they are ranked.

• Hook 'Em 3

I wonder if Sark getting a 2nd chance in life after his alcoholism made him too compassionate for these weak-minded players. Keep trying, I won’t give up on you mentality. Of course what his staff needs to do is to install toughness and bench players who repeatedly fuck up, especially our upperclassmen. He appears shell-shocked at the “lack of talent” and how mentally weak our players are.

Hindsight is 20/20 but he made 2 critical errors right off the bat. Not letting his Defensive Coord hire their own staff and not hitting the portal harder especially on offense. Sark is a good O-coordinator but not a program overseer/CEO. He doesn’t really have a handle or feel for the team. Unfortunately, we’re In a situation that he has to learn on the job and hopefully learn from his mistakes. That’s all we have now, hope that he rectifies our problems. Lincoln Riley is a superior head coach to him. That would make 3 consecutive coaches we hire to “learn on the job”.

Edit to add: not sure if we’d be much better if PK hired his own staff with his scheme stubbornness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Mudcat35 said:

I have a hard time blaming this one on Sark and staff.  OL can't block anybody.  A few plays cost us dearly.  Moore catches a pass for a nice gain in plus territory and gives the ball away.  Worthy is running wide open at the 5 and Casey misses him.  Moore has a ball clang off his hands and it gets picked.  That's enough points to win right there.  At some point, the players have to play, and a lot of our guys are just not very good at this level or have Grinch-sized hearts that are three sizes too small.  These guys cannot deal with adversity, and that's something you can't teach, and something you can't learn.  You're either mentally tough or you're not.  Too many of our guys aren't.  That being said, the fake punt was colossally stupid.

89 games worth of evidence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I wonder if Sark getting a 2nd chance in life after his alcoholism made him too compassionate for these weak-minded players. Keep trying, I won’t give up on you mentality. Of course what his staff needs to do is to install toughness and bench players who repeatedly fuck up, especially our upperclassmen. He appears shell-shocked at the “lack of talent” and how mentally weak our players are.

Hindsight is 50/50 but he made 2 critical errors right off the bat. Not letting his Defensive Coord hire their own staff and not hitting the portal harder especially on offense. Sark is a good O-coordinator but not a program overseer/CEO. He doesn’t really have a handle or feel for the team. Unfortunately, we’re In a situation that he has to learn on the job and hopefully learn from his mistakes. That’s all we have now, hope that he rectifies our problems. Lincoln Riley is a superior head coach to him. That would make 3 consecutive coaches we hire to “learn on the job”.

He's not learning on the job.  This is his third HC coaching job.  He coached at UW, USC, and Texas.  None of those are starter jobs yet like Lane Kiffin, he keeps falling forward.  You guys need to start looking at him for what he is and quit making excuses. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He's not learning on the job.  This is his third HC coaching job.  He coached at UW, USC, and Texas.  None of those are starter jobs yet like Lane Kiffin, he keeps falling forward.  You guys need to start looking at him for what he is and quit making excuses. 

I’m not making excuses for him, I essentially said he shouldn’t have been hired but the powers that be thought that him working under Saban and overcoming his alcoholism would make him amenable to growing into the position. Again, all we can do is just hope he fixes this shit which means he’ll have to learn on the job(based off his past performance).

Some of you will think this is hindsight 20/20 bullshit but it's not.  The dude was a 7 win coach who drank himself out of a job.  Literally bombed out of his gourd before noon every day.  Not like Eddie Sutton, either.  Sutton was degenerate alcoholic but still one of the best in history.  Sark was a degenerate but still average.  If you were an up and coming assistant, would you move your family to work for him?  I sure as fuck wouldn't based on that life resume.

One of the most perplexing hires ever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I’m not making excuses for him, I essentially said he shouldn’t have been hired but the powers that be thought that him working under Saban and overcoming his alcoholism would make him amenable to growing into the position. Again, all we can do is just hope he fixes this shit which means he’ll have to learn on the job(based off his past performance).

Texas isn't a job where you "grow into the position."  He had jobs at UW and USC, which are both great jobs and he didn't "grow into the position."

UTSA is a job where you "grow into the position"

Texas isn't a job where you "grow into the position."  He had jobs at UW and USC, which are both great jobs and he didn't "grow into the position."

You’re drunk, my first post basically blamed us for hiring someone with potential based off of working under Saban and overcoming his alcoholism. I get you’re pissed but we’re stuck with him for at least 3 years.

16 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

That's a very Aggie type moral victory.   

We are who our records says we are, which is to say a very average team. 

If we had beaten those teams, they would be ranked something like 12, 19, and unranked....It's because we suck that they are ranked.

It’s aggy lol. Also, if those teams were all 4-4 and we had blown 20 point leads to them you would feel the exact same? That’s interesting and has to be some high functioning regarded mental gymnastics haha. We lose to 1-6 Baylor today and you’re emotions are the same? The effects on recruiting are the same if we blow a 21 point lead to a 3-3 Oklahoma team? That’s bullshit haha. 

Stakes are pretty high for Traylor too. New conference invite. Unbeaten. AP ranked. First prime time appearance next Saturday night. He spent a lifetime growing his way up to this. At 53 he’s taken all he has learned and we will see how they finish the season. I’m with the Roadrunners man. I’m all in! 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

You’re drunk, my first post basically blamed us for hiring someone with potential based off of working under Saban and overcoming his alcoholism. I get you’re pissed but we’re stuck with him for at least 3 years.

1.  I'm not drunk.  I wish I was.

2.  A coach who has been the HC at UW and USC isn't "potential."  That's a known quantity. 

25 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So you’re saying Sark is neither a grower nor a shower?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It’s aggy lol. Also, if those teams were all 4-4 and we had blown 20 point leads to them you would feel the exact same? That’s interesting and has to be some high functioning regarded mental gymnastics haha. We lose to 1-6 Baylor today and you’re emotions are the same? The effects on recruiting are the same if we blow a 21 point lead to a 3-3 Oklahoma team? That’s bullshit haha. 

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Stakes are pretty high for Traylor too. New conference invite. Unbeaten. AP ranked. First prime time appearance next Saturday night. He spent a lifetime growing his way up to this. At 53 he’s taken all he has learned and we will see how they finish the season. I’m with the Roadrunners man. I’m all in! 

Good call

Watching UTSA has gotta be better than this shit. Go Roadrunners! 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

Can you image keeping him if we lose to Isu?  Thankfully that won’t happen. 

What won't happen? Us losing to ISU, or keeping Sark if we do?

It'll never happen, but I would love it if TPTB came to terms with their terrible decision and shitcanned him after (or during) the season. Traylor or Fickell would at least breathe some semblance of hope into the program. We know what we have with Sark; those of us who didn't drink the koolaid knew it from the moment he was hired. Maybe they'll get it right in 2024.

Edited by TXpride

This definitely could be "this is who Steve Sarkisian is" but it might also be in combination of "this is who Texas is, now".

We're entering the Cal zone of universities.  Great academics and shitty to mediocre football.  Except we know they have better academics and they might have a better football program.  They, at least, have scoreboard over us.

Mack Brown once saved this program and there's a solid chance he also destroyed it for the foreseeable future. 

It’s much more QB than play caller, and I like Casey. It’s also on each line. Our lines are below average for a P5 program. Both of them. It will take Sark and Flood and team more than this season to work this out. Our personnel outside of Bijan and Worthy is average. And I’m talking about every other guy, including crowd favorites like RoJo, Casey, and Jamison. We have no defensive lineman than would sniff most SEC 2-deeps. This is why we get beat in the second half. Our trenches recruiting is absolutely deplorable and affects everything else. 

In this game, you’re right. There were stretches of odd play calls though. 2nd and 3rd in the red zone on our field scoring drive for example. And no one ever calls a perfect game. We just have less room for error. The pass was there all day. This game was the best use of our role players, but we could still make better use of them.

There were multiple check downs open for sizeable yards. We took none of them. The screen pass looked to have a chance. I don’t think Bijan chipped and Casey didn’t get depth. QB had open running lanes in pass game but took very few. It would not be surprising if we were over coached here though and making the QBs hesitant to run.

Overall, we missed quite a few very available opportunities for yards, first downs and TDs.

9 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s much more QB than play caller, and I like Casey. It’s also on each line. Our lines are below average for a P5 program. Both of them. It will take Sark and Flood and team more than this season to work this out. Our personnel outside of Bijan and Worthy is average. And I’m talking about every other guy, including crowd favorites like RoJo, Casey, and Jamison. We have no defensive lineman than would sniff most SEC 2-deeps. This is why we get beat in the second half. Our trenches recruiting is absolutely deplorable and affects everything else. 

This, watching our defensive line and Overshown get pushed back 5 yards in the first quarter I thought, unless we get a huge lead we’re going to lose in the 4th cause this shit isn’t going to get better.

1 minute ago, Texaspython said:

This, watching our defensive line and Overshown get pushed back 5 yards in the first quarter I thought, unless we get a huge lead we’re going to lose in the 4th cause this shit isn’t going to get better.

I recall the radio crew saying something similar in the first quarter about the push up front 

Is Kansas the only team left where you feel confident we win? Every other team we could legitimately lose. I know Kansas played OU tough but I think that was a fluke. Combination of early game in Lawrence and OU thinking they could sleepwalk to a win. They turned on the motor when they knew they'd have to exert effort. 

Another wasted season. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Is Kansas the only team left where you feel confident we win? Every other team we could legitimately lose. I know Kansas played OU tough but I think that was a fluke. Combination of early game in Lawrence and OU thinking they could sleepwalk to a win. They turned on the motor when they knew they'd have to exert effort. 

Another wasted season. 

We shouldn't feel confident about Kansas. They almost best ou who had no problems working our sorry ass defense. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Five years as "the guy before the guy" unless he transmogrifies and actually becomes the guy.

Let us examine the career of one John Mackovic.  West coast.  OC dude.   2 HC jobs before arriving on The 40.

1978 Wake Forest 1–10

1979 Wake Forest 8–4  L Tangerine

1980 Wake Forest 5–6

1988 Illinois 6–5–1  L All-American

1989 Illinois 10–2  W Florida Citrus

1990 Illinois 8–4  L Hall of Fame

1991 Illinois 6–5

1992 Texas 6–5

1993 Texas 5–5–1

1994 Texas 8–4  W Sun

1995 Texas 10–2–1  L Sugar

1996 Texas 8–5  L Fiesta

1997 Texas 4–7

2001 Arizona 5–6

2002 Arizona 4–8

2003 Arizona 1–4

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Five years as "the guy before the guy" unless he transmogrifies and actually becomes the guy.

Let us examine the career of one John Mackovic.  West coast.  OC dude.   2 HC jobs before arriving on The 40.

1978 Wake Forest 1–10

1979 Wake Forest 8–4  L Tangerine

1980 Wake Forest 5–6

1988 Illinois 6–5–1  L All-American

1989 Illinois 10–2  W Florida Citrus

1990 Illinois 8–4  L Hall of Fame

1991 Illinois 6–5

1992 Texas 6–5

1993 Texas 5–5–1

1994 Texas 8–4  W Sun

1995 Texas 10–2–1  L Sugar

1996 Texas 8–5  L Fiesta