This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

1) Go back and re-watch the idiotic offensive series that ended with a missed FG.

2) Even if this was true, Sark is not an OC anymore and can't hide behind "well I just call plays, not my problem if the players aren't executing them". When Sark's players are repeatedly failing to execute Sark's offense, that's Sark's problem. This is not a complicated concept. It's how the head coaching position works. Sark has installed his offense, recruited his players, and is presumably teaching it to them in practice. When MULTIPLE players are fucking it up repeatedly in one game that's an obvious coaching problem.

You mean the series where Worthy dropped the TD pass? Refresh my memory.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t understand the logic in Sark getting lucky last week with the fumble to end the game when earlier in the game if Cain doesn’t forget to play receiver we don’t even need the forced fumbled. Which, was a helluva play by Cook, not luck. There were at least 2 maybe 3 drives where Gundy was basically gifted a second chance because he named Zebras his favorite animal at the zoo. I mean this entire season we’ve been saying that without horrible luck with Ewers getting hurt, Texas is 7-0 going into this game. That obviously wasn’t the case with Ewers being human after all. It sucks but it is what it is with him today. 

Sarks problem is his inability to call the correct plays in times needed the most. For some stupid fucking reason, he’s amazing when the pressure is minimal but when we need a drive, he folds and forgets how to not appear predictable. And it’s not like the defense is doing anything remarkable to stop our offense. And yeah, execution wasn’t there today from a qb who has been nails all season. But there’s no excuse for Bijan getting 5-6 yards, next play making Ewers throw across the hash then running off tackle for no gain and we have to punt. It’s fucking ridiculous. We were running the ball fairly decent today and Sark would just stop. Why?

I stated last week that the offense seemed to find their groove, especially on the last drive versus Iowa st. We were doing the same thing on the second to last drive with Bijan getting a first down on the first play, then getting another. Just running with ease, putting the ball in the hands of leaders in Bijan Rojo. Then we just stop for some reason. Completely the opposite of what we did against a far better defense the previous week. It’s absolutely mind numbing as to why Sark can be a roller coaster when calling the game. If the players are off, not executing, then we can forget about Sark adjusting to simplify the game and try to find a groove for the team to build on. Anytime he seems to find one, he stops. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

1) Quinn was a bit off but he threw a lot of balls that were catchable. Receivers were losing the ball left and right in the air. Those balls had a lot of air under them and could have been caught with a little adjustment. 

Lulz, not even close. Quinn had a very bad game and I am rooting hard for the guy but sometimes it ain't your night. Pitchers don't pull themselves out of a bad game. The manager and the pitching coach do. This is on Sark.

2) Worthy does not fight for the ball. He gator armed the high ball coming across the middle and made no play on the balls that weren't perfect. 

This is true about Worthy. As a coach, you get Whit, Sanders and someone else involved and change your game plan. This is on Sark.

3) We had about 4 balls hit DBs right in the hands and everyone of them was dropped. Come down with those and we win easily. 

You can't play the "what ifs" on turnovers. That's not on the D to create that many turnovers. They are there to keep the opposing team from scoring. Turnovers are a bonus. It sounds like you're saying the D is responsible to bail out talented offense.

4) They started loading the box in the second half and we weren't popping the runs like we were in the 1st, so we had to throw. 

We didn't have to throw 20-30 yard airballs for the rest of the game. This is on Sark. Reign your QB in, calm him down with screens and slants and smaller 10 year outs. If he gets in a rhythm then let him rip.

Guys were in position to make plays and they didn't make them. Simple as that. Anything else you guys say is just noise. We have a couple young playmakers, but there are still a ton of holes on this roster. So they young guys have to play with their hair on fire for us to win. Today we had a ton of chances and no one stepped up. 

This is a tired excuse that has been used for the last 10 years.  OSU is also down playmakers.  Their freshmen stepped up and Gundy put them into positions to succeed. UT's personnel absolutely could have matched up with OSU's. I guess those Vegas guys were pretty stupid. 

Edited by Newdoc
  • Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No, it's exactly correct. You guys love to lose so you can come here and rail on the coach. Nothing better to do with your night. So let's address all these at the same time. 

1) Quinn was a bit off but he threw a lot of balls that were catchable. Receivers were losing the ball left and right in the air. Those balls had a lot of air under them and could have been caught with a little adjustment. 

2) Worthy does not fight for the ball. He gator armed the high ball coming across the middle and made no play on the balls that weren't perfect. 

3) We had about 4 balls hit DBs right in the hands and everyone of them was dropped. Come down with those and we win easily. 

4) They started loading the box in the second half and we weren't popping the runs like we were in the 1st, so we had to throw. 

Guys were in position to make plays and they didn't make them. Simple as that. Anything else you guys say is just noise. We have a couple young playmakers, but there are still a ton of holes on this roster. So they young guys have to play with their hair on fire for us to win. Today we had a ton of chances and no one stepped up. 

No, it’s utter fucking bullshit.

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

I don’t understand the logic in Sark getting lucky last week with the fumble to end the game when earlier in the game if Cain doesn’t forget to play receiver we don’t even need the forced fumbled. Which, was a helluva play by Cook, not luck. There were at least 2 maybe 3 drives where Gundy was basically gifted a second chance because he named Zebras his favorite animal at the zoo. I mean this entire season we’ve been saying that without horrible luck with Ewers getting hurt, Texas is 7-0 going into this game. That obviously wasn’t the case with Ewers being human after all. It sucks but it is what it is with him today. 

Sarks problem is his inability to call the correct plays in times needed the most. For some stupid fucking reason, he’s amazing when the pressure is minimal but when we need a drive, he folds and forgets how to not appear predictable. And it’s not like the defense is doing anything remarkable to stop our offense. And yeah, execution wasn’t there today from a qb who has been nails all season. But there’s no excuse for Bijan getting 5-6 yards, next play making Ewers throw across the hash then running off tackle for no gain and we have to punt. It’s fucking ridiculous. We were running the ball fairly decent today and Sark would just stop. Why?

I stated last week that the offense seemed to find their groove, especially on the last drive versus Iowa st. We were doing the same thing on the second to last drive with Bijan getting a first down on the first play, then getting another. Just running with ease, putting the ball in the hands of leaders in Bijan Rojo. Then we just stop for some reason. Completely the opposite of what we did against a far better defense the previous week. It’s absolutely mind numbing as to why Sark can be a roller coaster when calling the game. If the players are off, not executing, then we can forget about Sark adjusting to simplify the game and try to find a groove for the team to build on. Anytime he seems to find one, he stops. 

Yeah, fuckin' brainfart going away from the run till Horns were just closer for that FG attempt...  SARK has to get better at playcalling in 2nd halfs especially with a young starting QB.

He’s very different.
Neither of the previous two were Armenian recovering alcoholics. So there.

He’s a better coach than Strong and a better recruiter(and not as big an asshole) than Herman. Sark is safe as long as he gets to a bowl and Arch signs his NLI in December. Either of those don’t happen and this might be it. I hope not because I like the guy and I like his story.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You mean the series where Worthy dropped the TD pass? Refresh my memory.

He didn't even touch it. Ewers was airmailing throws to every WR downfield tonight, and even those that weren't airmailed were fucked up by those on the receiving end.

You can just throw every offensive player we have under the bus for every fuckup, or you can open your eyes and realize that their repeated failure to execute Sark's offense falls on Sark's coaching, as does Sark's inability to adjust the offense. These aren't Herman's guys running the plays anymore.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, that performance was so bad we needed to at least try Card.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

At the very MINIMUM, for at least a series or 2 come middle of the third quarter.

Anyone who disagrees has been drinking at halftime with Sark.

Had the game won with our last meaningful drive in the 4th with just over 5 minutes to play. Back to Back passes (INCOMPLETIONS) not only killed the drive but more importantly, the clock stopped also. Then Bert ernied and missed the kick.

Sark did this shit at UDub and hasn't changed.

With anymore performances like today (Ewers/Coaching/whoever?) we are lucky to get his 7. Year and half more of this BS before next man up (and I really wanted him to succeed).

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

If you don't think some of those balls were catchable then you are an idiot. Yes, QE was off but if we walked Card out there and those receivers were dogging it just as bad then the result is worse. 

A good defense creates turnovers. We had what should've been 4. They were easy catches that we dropped. That matters. 

We have exactly 1 stretch the field guy. He has to be out there or else we are trying to run our offense in a phone booth. J-Whitt gets what he gets BECAUSE X is out there not in spite of him. 

In the second half the Pokes spun down defenders into the box to stuff the running game. We even tried to go unbalanced like we did last week and it didn't work. So we had to throw it and they were sitting on the underneath stuff for the most part. Sark did start him with easy throws, and then when he saw he was off, he ran the ball at a much higher rate. However, when the Pokes adjusted we had to take what they were giving us. 

It's like you guys don't understand athletes. My daughter is soon to be a D1 level athlete. She is undersized so she has had to work harder than the athletes that are more naturally gifted. So because she is used to working hard she will take that same "try hard" attitude to whatever college she goes to. Meanwhile the big time recruits are primadonnas that have never had to bust their ass, therefore their first couple years of college are usually spent floundering until they feel like they need to change their approach. OSU gets athletes like my daughter, and we get Worthy. That's why you see OSU's players come in and contribute right away while Alfred Collins is still floundering around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He didn't even touch it. Ewers was airmailing throws to every WR downfield tonight, and even those that weren't airmailed were fucked up by those on the receiving end.

You can just throw every offensive player we have under the bus for every fuckup, or you can open your eyes and realize that their repeated failure to execute Sark's offense falls on Sark's coaching, as does Sark's inability to adjust the offense. These aren't Herman's guys running the plays anymore.

When you see the replay of where that ball was you are going to retract this statement. He misjudged it. It wasn't over his head it was a couple feet to his right. He catches that ball, and he should of, we aren't bumping this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If you don't think some of those balls were catchable then you are an idiot. Yes, QE was off but if we walked Card out there and those receivers were dogging it just as bad then the result is worse. 

A good defense creates turnovers. We had what should've been 4. They were easy catches that we dropped. That matters. 

We have exactly 1 stretch the field guy. He has to be out there or else we are trying to run our offense in a phone booth. J-Whitt gets what he gets BECAUSE X is out there not in spite of him. 

In the second half the Pokes spun down defenders into the box to stuff the running game. We even tried to go unbalanced like we did last week and it didn't work. So we had to throw it and they were sitting on the underneath stuff for the most part. Sark did start him with easy throws, and then when he saw he was off, he ran the ball at a much higher rate. However, when the Pokes adjusted we had to take what they were giving us. 

It's like you guys don't understand athletes. My daughter is soon to be a D1 level athlete. She is undersized so she has had to work harder than the athletes that are more naturally gifted. So because she is used to working hard she will take that same "try hard" attitude to whatever college she goes to. Meanwhile the big time recruits are primadonnas that have never had to bust their ass, therefore their first couple years of college are usually spent floundering until they feel like they need to change their approach. OSU gets athletes like my daughter, and we get Worthy. That's why you see OSU's players come in and contribute right away while Alfred Collins is still floundering around. 

angry the big lebowski GIF

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He’s a better coach than Strong and a better recruiter(and not as big an asshole) than Herman. Sark is safe as long as he gets to a bowl and Arch signs his NLI in December. Either of those don’t happen and this might be it. I hope not because I like the guy and I like his story.

He gets the next two years even if Arch bails

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And yet here YOU are, not realizing it's going to take a couple seasons to get where we wanna be. 

LOL. I'm not the one trying to throw shade at folks for talking about this pitiful coaching performance. You brought it up..

And it's going to take more than a couple of seasons to get it right, if the coach can't get out of his own way, Not everything is the players fault. Or can't be helped because of their shortcomings. Sometimes a coach has to coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

The real frustrating part is that as bad as the game went, and it was bad. We still could have won the damn thing if we get a couple of calls. I'm perfectly ok winning ugly.

Losing games we could have won is the hallmark of Sark. We will get 7-5 and like it. 

• Like 1

What a fucking choke job. Just unbelievable. Talent everywhere and still can’t hold a lead and win on the road.  Ahead or at worst tied the whole game until 3-4 minutes left, just complete choke job. You could see it coming too. Defense can’t get a stop, offense can’t score. Just a complete waste of time. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Losing games we could have won is the hallmark of Sark. We will get 7-5 and like it. 

He’s the perfect underdog coach, too bad for him Texas isn’t supposed to play that role… ever.

56 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1) Go back and re-watch the idiotic offensive series that ended with a missed FG.

2) Even if this was true, Sark is not an OC anymore and can't hide behind "well I just call plays, not my problem if the players aren't executing them". When Sark's players are repeatedly failing to execute Sark's offense, that's Sark's problem. This is not a complicated concept. It's how the head coaching position works. Sark has installed his offense, recruited his players, and is presumably teaching it to them in practice. When MULTIPLE players are fucking it up repeatedly in one game that's an obvious coaching problem.

Sark called the perfect play on 3rd and 7. He can’t go out there and make the pass and catch too.

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And yet here YOU are, not realizing it's going to take a couple seasons to get where we wanna be. 

meanwhile Kansas and Texas Tech have head coaches who beat us in their FIRST season, without having to trot out the 'it'll take a few seasons' excuse 🙄 If Sark thinks he can cling to that as an explanation after every loss he won't last much longer than Charlie did.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

meanwhile Kansas and Texas Tech have head coaches who beat us in their FIRST season, without having to trot out the 'it'll take a few seasons' excuse 🙄 If Sark thinks he can cling to that as an explanation after every loss he won't last much longer than Charlie did.

No way Sark had the horses to stop Kansas’s 3rd sting QB and a walk on 87th string TE. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Herman called the perfect play on 2nd and 6. He can't go out there and make the pass and catch too.

Feel free to explain just why Sark's handpicked QB and WR repeatedly failed to execute against the #126th-ranked passing defense in the country

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

When you see the replay of where that ball was you are going to retract this statement. He misjudged it. It wasn't over his head it was a couple feet to his right. He catches that ball, and he should of, we aren't bumping this thread. 

He should have caught the ball but tripped on his own feet and couldn't adjust to the ball...Maybe he was shocked it was actually a catchable ball and got too excited.  There are so many missed opportunities downfield with Worthy, we need a QB that can put those long passes on target when Worthy's dang near wide open and we'd probably barely ever lose. 

Why can't we just find a dang QB that can drive the bus and make minimal mistakes, like a Major Applewhite type dude?

Edited by Azbadlands

55 minutes ago, immamac said:

Guys. The goose is cooked. Let's get drunk for kstate and tcu at the tailgate, hope for a fun bowl game. Go party there and get ready for next year. 

The. Goose. Is. Cooked. 

I'm hoping this relieves pressure so they can ball out.  Just crash other team's seasons and destroy some dreams along the way.  The pressure should be off--they didn't earn it, they gave it away.  Complete team effort.  Ewers was off, receivers dropped passes, both sides of the line couldn't line up onsides or play to the snap, corners started off badly, got better and then regressed again, secondary dropped potential int's all game long, kicker whiffed badly on a kick, list goes on.  Fuck this and the Tech game.  

Let's play spoilers and have fun.  Blows but it's all they can play for now.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Fuck Sark. He brought back PK and it’s a miracle we’ve only lost 3 games with that asshole coaching combined with our ability to shit the bed on the road. He doesn’t know how to win. 

Amazing how this mimics the last 2 coaches with how they stubbornly held on to coaches that Surly knew were anchors. Some physcologist should do a study on this phenomenon 

• Fuck You 1