Texas BBQ

Washpark

On 9/29/2023 at 7:07 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

What would move a person to think that this would be a good thing to put this into their mouth?

Hite's Bar-B-Q Hash and Rice

#36 and #35 look downright offensive.  What is astounding is someone found that picture and said, "oh yeah, this totally shows our BBQ at its best".  WTF.

Went to Leroy and Lewis last night and, as usual, so good.  Get the porchetta while they have it.  Not traditional Texas BBQ but traditional kick ass food.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/1/2023 at 6:38 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Every time I've ordered catering it feels like I get sold about 40% more food than I need.

We had Rudy's at our wedding and it was great. Super easy and the out of towners loved it. But yeah, we had A LOT of leftover bbq. Wedding planners always suggest you order too much food and not enough booze. Our wedding planner said to plan on 2.5 drinks per person. My wife and I literally laughed out loud at that suggestion. 

Anyway, not a new opinion but Rudy's has it's place and catered weddings certainly falls right in their sweet spot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

We had Rudy's at our wedding and it was great. Super easy and the out of towners loved it. But yeah, we had A LOT of leftover bbq. Wedding planners always suggest you order too much food and not enough booze. Our wedding planner said to plan on 2.5 drinks per person. My wife and I literally laughed out loud at that suggestion. 

Anyway, not a new opinion but Rudy's has it's place and catered weddings certainly falls right in their sweet spot. 

in Houston, Rudy’s and gaitlins catering is pretty good 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

We got married in Allen and had Hutchins do ours, and it worked out phenomenally. 

On 10/2/2023 at 11:13 AM, texasdago said:

#36 and #35 look downright offensive.  What is astounding is someone found that picture and said, "oh yeah, this totally shows our BBQ at its best".  WTF.

Went to Leroy and Lewis last night and, as usual, so good.  Get the porchetta while they have it.  Not traditional Texas BBQ but traditional kick ass food.  

What days do they have the porchetta?

On 10/6/2023 at 10:05 AM, jimmyjazz said:

From the Foos thread in the music forum:  Dave Grohl getting his meat on at the original Stiles Switch:

image.png.78e1b23a08cef67ae708385c9c16b52c.png

He's apparently quite the BBQ fan, back in Feb he dragged his smoker to a LA homeless shelter and fed a couple hundred people. It's posted somewhere on here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 5:36 PM, irishtexan said:

When I used to help the bar/restaurant I consulted for plan the bars for weddings, we always went with 2.5-3.5 depending upon the age range of attendees.  Never had one run out of liquor or beer, and a lot of those weddings were the Czech folks in West.  

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

When I used to help the bar/restaurant I consulted for plan the bars for weddings, we always went with 2.5-3.5 depending upon the age range of attendees.  Never had one run out of liquor or beer, and a lot of those weddings were the Czech folks in West.  

This was a wedding with A LOT of service industry people and Irish Catholics.

36 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This was a wedding with A LOT of service industry people and Irish Catholics.

I hear ya.  And if it was almost all adults, we'd up the estimate if need be.  I've done weddings for 200-300 with 60% of them being in their mid-20's and never run out.  Maybe you run out of Miller Lite, but you have Coors/Ultra/Bud Lt/Shiner there as well.  Maybe you run out of Tito's but still have Grey Goose.  But never run out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

A cook for La Barbecue, who lost four fingers on the job, is suing the restaurant and its owners for injuries and fraud.

In the summer of 2016, Aaron Gomez lost four fingers on his left hand, which is his dominant hand.

"At the time they were operating with an unsafe sausage grinder that they asked their employees to use. It had no functioning on-off switch and lacked several pieces of necessary safety equipment," Clark said.

"The switch button from the meat grinder, sometimes it would work, or sometimes it wouldn't, and that day, wasn't working," Gomez said.

Clark says someone came to Gomez's hospital room and said they were there on behalf of Mueller and asked him to sign some documents.

"Those documents were fraudulent. Among the documents, they admitted that Aaron was at fault for his own injury, and Aaron refused to sign," Clark said.

Clark claims the owners reached out to an insurance agency, got a workers' compensation policy, and requested it to be backdated before Gomez's injury without disclosing it. 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/la-barbecue-cook-sues-restaurant-austin-texas