NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Damn, that's an awesome haul for Brooklyn. James Harden is still worth that much???

I bet he’s really good with Morey again. Embid can hang out on the perimeter occasionally and chuck 3’s when he’s of a mind to. 
what the hell else was Philly going to do. This is why the didn’t trade Simmons for two nickels and a penny earlier like some people said they should. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Yep. But this is where he wanted to be, and now they can sign over the cap. 

Harden doesn’t know what he wants. 12.5 months ago he wanted to be in a Brooklyn. He’s a loser. Philly had it made chugging along 2.5 games back of the 1 seed paying 37 M dollar Simmons to not be a distraction, and now they bring in this entitled idiot?
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TonyTexas said:

So Simmons isn’t also a cancer?

When compared to Harden, who quit on two teams in the last 12 months, choked his entire career in the playoffs, and now is about 25 pounds overweight on the wrong side of 30?

Simmons quit on Philly after he got the yips and both his coach and best player trashed him after a playoff exit. Never a great look to quit on a team, but it's somewhat understandable. 

Maybe he never amounts to anything and forces his way to LA, but between the two I'll roll the dice on the 25 year old. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Why was harden unhappy?

he went to brooklyn to be part of a big 3.  kyrie decided to be an antivaxer idiot PT player and KD got hurt which put harden as the guy carrying the whole load (at least while KD is out).  

people are slandering harden but it's really kyrie's selfish need to be a contrarian that led to all this.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

he went to brooklyn to be part of a big 3.  kyrie decided to be an antivaxer idiot PT player and KD got hurt which put harden as the guy carrying the whole load (at least while KD is out).  

people are slandering harden but it's really kyrie's selfish need to be a contrarian that led to all this.

Ok.  Wonder if he didn’t appreciate being second fiddle to KD.  That’s embiids team over there

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

Harden also was injured some this season.  Statistically it’s his worst season since he broke out at 22.  If he can’t jump into people and create fouls and can’t dominate the ball, then it will be interesting to see how good he can be.  He’s still very good offensively but can he push into elite status in his new environment?  🤷🏽‍♂️

It's incredible to watch Rockets fan continue to stan for Harden after he choked away multiple playoff series, ran off Chris Paul in favor of fucking Westbrook, and then quit on his team and forced his way out. I mean Kawhi won a finals MVP for the Spurs and he'd still be shot dead by 75% of the Spurs thread. 

It’s a lot of words instead of just saying James is overpaid and isn’t worth 43 million dollars this year…and especially not 47 million next year since he can no longer carry a team

5 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

It's incredible to watch Rockets fan continue to stan for Harden after he choked away multiple playoff series, ran off Chris Paul in favor of fucking Westbrook, and then quit on his team and forced his way out. I mean Kawhi won a finals MVP for the Spurs and he'd still be shot dead by 75% of the Spurs thread. 

Stockholm Syndrome.

5 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Not this Rockets fan. Lots of articles this week about the possibility of Harden returning to Houston down the road. Why? Just from performance perspective, he is older, fatter, slower and his signature move doesn’t get foul calls anymore. Oh yeah he wants $40M+ and screwed the franchise at least twice (Westbrook and losing picks to OKC, demanding trade). Thanks for the memories, James. We good now though. 

• Like 2

Back to Russ-

Westbrook is a strong, charismatic leader. His teammates love him and when he is “the guy”, you’re going to have a team that plays really hard, as Russ sets the pace for effort. That is huge in the regular season. He is very much a floor raiser as he dominates the ball in the regular season. 

And he is a playoffs ceiling lowerer, for all the reasons repeated ad nauseum. So, he is a tough fit for most teams. On a tanking team, he is a risk to win more games than desired. On a good team, he is the reason they won’t get past the first round. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

It's incredible to watch Rockets fans continue to stan for Harden after he choked away multiple playoff series, ran off Chris Paul in favor of fucking Westbrook, and then quit on his team and forced his way out. I mean Kawhi won a finals MVP for the Spurs and he'd still be shot dead by 75% of the Spurs thread. 

i mean i don't really care.  he never looked like the player i loved to watch when he was in brooklyn and i wasn't invested in them doing anything.  i do think the fit is much better in philly and now that the rockets own all the future brooklyn picks i like that he's not there anymore (though i don't expect brooklyn to bottom out unless kyrie and/or simmons torpedo things).

i'm not gonna shit on a guy who i really enjoyed watching for nearly a decade because he was ready to move on.  the only thing i really hold against him is forcing chris paul out of town and breaking up the best team he's ever been on.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

He has a player option next year that is $47 million for the season after the 15% kicker from the first trade then UFA. That will be tough for him not to take

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Not a chance he takes that option.   Opt out re-sign for full 240M or so.

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

haven't really kept up with dallas much this year but wasn't porzingis having sort of a bounce back year?  i have dinwiddie on my fantasy team and could not be less impressed with him.

Don’t think he and Luka gets along.  There’s only room for one euro mvp candidate on the mavs

Charlotte is acquiring Washington center Montrezl Harrell for Vernon Carey and Ish Smith, sources tell ESPN.

Does that mean Charlotte is unlikely to be trading for Wood from the Rockets or Poetl from the Spurs?  I know both of them were floated out there, but not sure how much frontcourt help they need. 

2 hours ago, d2o said:

They gave up everything for Harden and it wasnt worth it.  I said it back then giving up their depth was bad but letting Allen go was a HUGE mistake

Jury isn't out on that trade. I want to see how Simmons looks before saying it was a huge mistake. Seth Curry isn't a scrub either. 

Trades so far:

02/10/2022 Toronto Raptors F/C Thaddeus Young, F/C Drew Eubanks, 2022 second-round pick (via Detroit) San Antonio Spurs G Goran Dragic, 2022 lottery-protected first-round pick (via Toronto)         Source
02/10/2022 Sacramento Kings G Donte DiVincenzo, G/F Josh Jackson, F/C Trey Lyles Detroit Pistons F Marvin Bagley III Milwaukee Bucks F/C Serge Ibaka, 2022 second-round pick (via Cleveland/Golden State, whichever is lower), 2024 second-round pick (via Sacramento), cash considerations Los Angeles Clippers F Semi Ojeleye, G/F Rodney Hood Source
02/10/2022 Boston Celtics Future second-round pick (via Magic) Orlando Magic G PJ Dozier, F/C Bol Bol, future second-round pick (via Celtics), cash considerations         Source
02/10/2022 Brooklyn Nets G/F/C Ben Simmons, G Seth Curry, F/C Andre Drummond, 2022 unprotected first-round pick (via Philadelphia), 2027 protected first-round pick (via Philadelphia) Philadelphia 76ers G James Harden, F/C Paul Millsap         Source
02/10/2022 Boston Celtics G Derrick White San Antonio Spurs G Josh Richardson, G Romeo Langford, 2022 1-4 protected first-round pick (via Boston), 2028 first-round pick swap (via Boston)         Source
02/10/2022 Phoenix Suns F Torrey Craig Indiana Pacers F Jalen Smith, future second-round pick (via Phoenix)         Source
02/10/2022 Charlotte Hornets F/C Montrezl Harrel Washington Wizards C Vernon Carey, G Ish Smith, future second-round pick (via Charlotte)         Source
02/10/2022 Phoenix Suns G Aaron Holiday Washington Wizards Cash considerations         Source
02/10/2022 Dallas Mavericks G Spencer Dinwiddie, F/C Davis Bertans Washington Wizards F/C Kristaps Porzingis, future second-round pick (via Dallas)         Source
02/10/2022 Boston Celtics C Daniel Theis Houston Rockets G Dennis Schroder, C Enes Freedom, C Bruno Fernando         Source
Edited by Dutchrudder