Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Wells posted a Daimion Collins thread. That could be what TFB was hinting at. They didn't specify football.

This has been news since yesterday afternoon and Collins was already named as someone who should be committing very soon. Don't think it's basketball related

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If he does know something that would tell me it’s east Texas. Who’s a top recruit from east Texas we want?

You're assuming that Wells lives in a knowledge vacuum (which based on his posting history is hardly a terrible take) and doesn't share info with Eric or Gerry Hamilton and vice versa. So I wouldn't get too tied into it being something East Texas. 

4 minutes ago, Getafix said:

giphy.gif

image.thumb.png.a9027184e499f83497504d4cc8243799.png

Ok. Against my better judgement now I'll fucking bite. For it to be a pretty big story you have to be talking top 50 player in the country type of shit, AND them to be committed to another school. 

It's not the Brockermeyer's, they're still roasting their cocktail wieners over the embers of the bridges they've burned. 

That leaves guys with ties to the state of Texas like Donovan Jackson, JoJo Earle, Cody Jackson or Clayton Smith, or Landon Jackson. I'm assuming Shadrach Banks is a non starter as well. 

Who wants to call their shot there? As far as left field news goes, Donovan Jackson would fit that fucking description to a T. And I have zero insight here, and think the chances are Jackson flipping to Texas are about as reasonable as Satya pumping sunshine. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Ok. Against my better judgement now I'll fucking bite. For it to be a pretty big story you have to be talking top 50 player in the country type of shit, AND them to be committed to another school. 

It's not the Brockermeyer's, they're still roasting their cocktail wieners over the embers of the bridges they've burned. 

That leaves guys with ties to the state of Texas like Donovan Jackson, JoJo Earle, Cody Jackson or Clayton Smith, or Landon Jackson. I'm assuming Shadrach Banks is a non starter as well. 

Who wants to call their shot there? As far as left field news goes, Donovan Jackson would fit that fucking description to a T. And I have zero insight here, and think the chances are Jackson flipping to Texas are about as reasonable as Satya pumping sunshine. 

oooo... I pick Donovan Jackson. Now we're dreaming big enough

Just now, Getafix said:

The timing of the Carrington tweet ... if it is a big recruit committed to another school, 

- JoJo/Quay/Teddy ?

- Clayton?

- Landon?

- Elijah Arroyo??

I can't imagine we'd change our policies and welcome home Quay. And I can't imagine us trying to recruit Arroyo through the whistle after we signed Helm. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

oooo... I pick Donovan Jackson. Now we're dreaming big enough

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Honestly, considering the lack of logical options, I'm wondering if it's not at 2022 kid. Did Super K specify it was 2021?

Well - its settled.  Put him in the calculator.

With the Big 10 news - you have to believe there are some kids that are going to be looking south.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well - its settled.  Put him in the calculator.

With the Big 10 news - you have to believe there are some kids that are going to be looking south.

Didn't think about that. Could make sense with the timing.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

While I don't think it's him, he's really damn good. He just got the "committed to a non top-10 OOS school" media silence around him.

Agreed, he's extremely talented. But using terms like "excellent recruiting news." and  "Would be a high profile and unexpected pick-up." doesn't quite fit him imo

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We think it is JoJo, Turner, Jackson, LJ Johsnon

in reality it is someone more like David Abiara

Roach

"Texas lands a knock out punch by flipping OSU commit and Aggie Legacy, John Paul Richardson. Son of the legendary Bucky Richardson"

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

For it to be a pretty big story you have to be talking top 50 player in the country type of shit, AND them to be committed to another school. 

Are you new around here?   No story is too small to be "a pretty big story" for the $9.95ers breaking news. 

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Goodman said:

lol, Big Ten friends can't believe this is happening. I think it's pretty funny. The league selling this as postponement to the spring is even the worst idea, just cancel.

I think they're saying they will play in the spring to keep Ohio State, Iowa, etc. from joining with teams that play this fall. They have no intention of actually playing in the spring.

• Hook 'Em 1