2021-2022 Texas Winter Weather Thread

Hate

Don’t listen to this government overreach. This is being driven by big electric and big natural gas to unnecessarily increase usage. 

You should already be charcoal filtering your water anyway. Gets that poisonous chlorine and fluorine out of there as well that the government puts in it in order to make a docile and compliant populace. 

if you aren’t, you should buy my activated charcoal filtration system, the MyFilter. 

(a little secret, I buy them from Siemens, slap a couple of American flag decals on them, and mark them up 300%)

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t listen to this government overreach. This is being driven by big electric and big natural gas to unnecessarily increase usage. 

You should already be charcoal filtering your water anyway. Gets that poisonous chlorine and fluorine out of there as well that the government puts in it in order to make a docile and compliant populace. 

if you aren’t, you should buy my activated charcoal filtration system, the MyFilter. 

(a little secret, I buy them from Siemens, slap a couple of American flag decals on them, and mark them up 300%)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do my own research on this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonnieblue said:

Is it supposed to be sleeting outside?

Yes. Called for.

Flip flop from last week. Then, the air aloft was warm but the air at the surface was cold so we got freezing rain. Now, air aloft is cold but air at the surface is warm so it's just harmless sleet. Nothing is going to freeze.

Don'worrybouddit.

Yes. Called for.
Flip flop from last week. Then, the air aloft was warm but the air at the surface was cold so we got freezing rain. Now, air aloft is cold but air at the surface is warm so it's just harmless sleet. Nothing is going to freeze.
Don'worrybouddit.

I was out driving in it, it stacked up kinda deep on my car at times, but roads were fine (plenty warm).

68 degrees in February.

AC kicked on a minute ago. Last week we had 0 degrees one morning.

I said when we moved back up here, part of what I missed was having all 4 seasons.  I didn't mean so close together.  LOL

Edited by slorch

Some weather models are hinting at a strong cold front about a week from now with potential for wintry mix.  It's a long way out, but a few models have support for this in their runs.  In fact, some models are showing that Texas may run below normal on temps well into the first week of March. 

file.php?id=18843&t=1

file.php?id=18841&mode=view

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Dress warm for the baseball home games.  Think I'll stay home and watch from my recliner...and probably nest up in a blanket too.

This is a truism at pretty much any time, except MAYBE some of those NCAA regional/super games in June.  And even then, I always keep a sweatshirt in the car, just in case.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Some weather models are hinting at a strong cold front about a week from now with potential for wintry mix.  It's a long way out, but a few models have support for this in their runs.  In fact, some models are showing that Texas may run below normal on temps well into the first week of March. 

file.php?id=18843&t=1

file.php?id=18841&mode=view

This is pretty much guaranteed to happen because I am planning to smoke a brisket next Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Models are coming into further agreement on a cold snap next week. It’s not like Feb 2021, but some models are showing a low developing in the GOM around the same time as the cold front, so there is a chance of some wintry precrip next week…of course this is all subject to change. 

A4AB921E-FE50-4F99-AF03-EE100A96AA7F.png